Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by T-hug, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Dont listen to the nayers ive installd multiple solderless chips to people through craigslist and have never had a single complain

2. KingMoogle

KingMoogle Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2017
    United States
    Generally speaking, couldn't someone make an online service that could connect to other modded users? Or users could host a server to connect to each other?

Correct me if I'm wrong, no actual servers are used for Splatoon or Mario Kart it's all p2p.

Last edited by KingMoogle, Feb 10, 2018
  3. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Its all P2P funneled through Nintendos servers. It's still required to go through a middle man. Theoretically speaking, it is possible. We saw homemade servers for Wii and DS when GameSpy shut down. However, we also don't have all of the technical details on how Nintendo is working.

4. emuman100

emuman100 GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    What is with you damn kids? I've never seen such a tech-dependent generation so afraid to take anything apart and solder. You should invest in a good quality soldering station and practice.

210modz and WiiUBricker like this.
  5. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    I've designed boards, soldered everything for over 35 years. But the flipping traces on the latest systems are incredibly tiny and it is not as easy as it used to be.

weatMod, pandavova and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  6. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Wow you're so hip

Pleng likes this.
  7. emuman100

emuman100 GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    I have also done the same. The traces are much smaller nowadays. Even so, I would rather solder mine. It's more reliable in the long run, especially with leaded solder.

8. isoboy

isoboy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    With the amount of bad games compared to great ones on the eshop right now I'm almost leaning towards not giving a fuck and just paying for what I want anyways. Let's see how this goes.

9. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Some people like Homebrew and don't care about piracy. I'll buy my games but I love Homebrew

10. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I don’t really care if this modchip enables piracy or not. No I really don’t. Stop claiming I pretend not to be a pirate to feel better about myself. All I care about is to play homebrew versions of Snake and Pong on the Switch. For that I will gladly accept being on an outdated firmware and locked out from online and new games to come.

paperycandy, Devin, Hanafuda and 2 others like this.
  11. 210modz

210modz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    If you are a installer that chooses solderless over soldering, you shouldn't be doing installs.

12. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    its what i had to work with, and it worked. also you can always add some epoxy to the mix where applicable

13. slimshizn

slimshizn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2018
    United States
    LOL

14. Zulnoth

Zulnoth Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2016
    "All your questions will be answered soon, more news in the coming weeks. -- So much to do right now! -- Stay Tuned to TX front page! [​IMG]" - I hate people who say "soon" when they mean "within the next few months". Also "more news in the coming weeks" - it's been 5 and the only info we've had is "soldered or solderless versions available". Hate on me all you want - but how hard is it to trickle us at least a little information? Or, be forthcoming with the timeframe instead of misleading.

15. guily6669

guily6669 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2013
    I used hot-swapping method on my OG Xbox and softmoded it, but there was a particular drive model that simply dies on hot-swapping as I also tried on my friends Xbox with that crap HDD model and it just died right away and I made all precautions and even had a ground wire attached.

At the end he had to use a chip.

16. TheGreek Boy

TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    its been 1 month and 1 week and we only know that there is a solderless and a soldered method

17. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    We still have one month and two weeks to go before spring.
    There's still plenty of time, the full announcement might come near the end of February hopefully

18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and a tiny soldering method :creep:

mech and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  19. LineoftheDead

LineoftheDead Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2015
    United States
    Indeed B-)

20. 210modz

210modz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    If you feel the need to announce that you will not be using this exploit for piracy, you are probably one of the ones thats going to pirate everything.

howdenking, TotalInsanity4 and isoboy like this.