Hacking Team Gateway 3DS respond to Bricking RMA return

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
But what I wrote is what they have written. They wrote they will repair it and ship it back to you for free. They haven't mentioned the initial shipping fee. Do they ask for your bank account? Do they put $20 in the package along with the repaired 3DS?
For Devin at least they asked him to provide a paypal address so they could refund the shipping cost.

Ryan Huang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what I wrote is what they have written. They wrote they will repair it and ship it back to you for free. They haven't mentioned the initial shipping fee. Do they ask for your bank account? Do they put $20 in the package along with the repaired 3DS?

For your reference, T-Mobile is charging $14.99 shipping before they even look at your defected phone (caused by phone or user alike), and they are not refundable, and that's just within the US, not international. As I mentioned on another post, if they decided that's the users fault, they charge you a new phone price, but what you will get is a refurb machine. The only two things better than GW are no wait time, you get your refurb first before sending your defected one back (for postpaid customer, I think for prepaid user, you have to send them your phone before you send you an refurb one), and you know you sure will get a refurb, you just don't know if you have to pay the refurb at full retail price as a new one.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For your reference, T-Mobile is charging $14.99 shipping before they even look at your defected phone (caused by phone or user alike), and they are not refundable, and that's just within the US, not international. As I mentioned on another post, if they decided that's the users fault, they charge you a new phone price, but what you will get is a refurb machine. The only two things better than GW are no wait time, you get your refurb first before sending your defected one back (for postpaid customer, I think for prepaid user, you have to send them your phone before you send you an refurb one), and you know you sure will get a refurb, you just don't know if you have to pay the refurb at full retail price as a new one.

For your reference: Amazon sends you a new product ASAP without cost if you tell them the package hasn't arrived after 3 weeks. And this is international we're talking about.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For your reference: Amazon sends you a new product ASAP without cost if you tell them the package hasn't arrived after 3 weeks. And this is international we're talking about.
That's not the same thing as a return. I've had to pay shipping in order to return several items to Amazon. And here we are comparing a small team of pirates to a massive retail service.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's not the same thing as a return. I've had to pay shipping in order to return several items to Amazon. And here we are comparing a small team of pirates to a massive retail service.

Sometimes they don't care about you returning a faulty product you have provided pictures of, so they simply refund without wanting it back.

loco365

Trophies
XP
...I was able to send in my non-working phone free of charge. They sent me a box to send it back in. Then again, this is Gateway we're referring to, not Virgin Mobile.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
...I was able to send in my non-working phone free of charge. They sent me a box to send it back in. Then again, this is Gateway we're referring to, not Virgin Mobile.
And it was probably non-working from the beginning. That, or you had paid extra for a warranty service.

Gateway isn't actually charging people anything to repair 3DS consoles legitimately bricked by their hardware/firmware anyway, so it's a moot point. They simply aren't paying the shipping up front. That would really be going above and beyond what's expected, considering that I don't think anybody expected them to offer this service to begin with. Any sort of soft-mod or hard-mod is pretty much always provided as-is, with no expectation of support if something goes (severely) wrong.

Obviously they feel at least some guilt toward putting in the bricking code, though. Even if that only extends to people who have helped pay their bills in the past.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what they said. Attempt better comprehension.
Of course they didn't say that, it was implied. Explain how it could be otherwise.

They're saying that they will obsolutely know if you used a Gateway or a modified launcher. That would only be possible on the assumption that the bricking code cannot be lauched on a legit GW card.

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So can anyone NOT being a vagina give us Gateway's address? I'm willing to bet it's a P.O. box of some sort.

email them and say you need to send a 3ds in thats being bricked. Not plastering people's (or companies) details all over the net is just common courtesy.

Reactions: gamefan5

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone NOT being a vagina give us Gateway's address? I'm willing to bet it's a P.O. box of some sort.

It's already been explained that they are using a drop and forwarding address so you aren't going to find them unless you put a GPS tracker in the box.

And others have indicated that they are in France so why do you want to know more?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
email them and say you need to send a 3ds in thats being bricked. Not plastering people's (or companies) details all over the net is just common courtesy.

Maybe so, but a company like Gateway shouldn't need secrecy.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does Gateway's use of a dropship address make it cheaper to send something to them, especially if they provide dropship locations that are local to each specific customer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: