Hacking Team Gateway 3DS respond to Bricking RMA return

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder where all the cloners send their bricked 3DSconsoles? I haven't seen r4 or 3dslink offer to help their customer fixing what they done...
Gateway all the way for me :bow:

Reactions: mznova

Ryan Huang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoy the whole you will have to pay 100 to get your system back if we detect a modified launcher. It's like holding your stuff hostage, and is a horrible business practice. I would pay them the money then once shipped call my bank whom I work for a issue a immediate chargeback. Oh the joys of knowing the banking industry. I would even go as far as get in touch with the correct dept here to blacklist any payments to them :)

T-Mobile, AT&T, HP etc, basically, other than Apple, who's not doing that? For T-Mobile and AT&T, you don't even get a chance to decide to take the phone back or not. They provide you a refurb straight, now question, if they decided it's your fault, they charge you full price. That means you are paying a full retail price (by that time maybe the phone gets cheap) for a refurb, where you can actually get a new one for cheaper if you don't go the warranty route.

Reactions: ground

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah tbh this is industry standard when it comes to RMA's.....our fault we fix, your fault you pay excessive postage and excessive "diagnostics" fees in most cases before we will return

if anything it can be just as bad with big names i had a nokia phone break, looking online it was a very common fault, but because they just want excuses to get out of warrenty clauses they look for any excuse to pin it on the customer in my case "hmmm well there is scratches on the back, thats probably why" eventually after many to'ing and throwing pointing them to threads on forums explaining how it was a manufacturing error and how everyone was getting fobbed off by nokia i finally got them to replace the phone.....far from what you would hope to expect but i have to come accept all companies will be a niggly with returns as much as possible

Darkseeker109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This whole RMA deal seems real dodgy to me. Id rather wait it out until the method on how to fix it is leaked and posted here on GBATemp and then get a technician to do it locally cause once the method is out everyone will start a 'fix your bricked 3ds service'.So Sorry but I wouldnt send my 3ds to china or what ever and risk not even getting it back. no thanks. Sounds way to dodgy.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder where all the cloners send their bricked 3DSconsoles? I haven't seen r4 or 3dslink offer to help their customer fixing what they done...
Gateway all the way for me :bow:

They can't. They stole Gateway's work and only Gateway knows how to reverse it.

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hong Kong. It's $23.95 to ship there using a small flat rate box which should be large enough for a 3DS/XL and protective padding. It'd take 6-10 business days to get to the forwarder, a few days extra to get to the GW3DS team I'd imagine.
Then I bet they are actually based somewhere in Guangdong prefecture, it borders Hong Kong and is known as the "factory of the world" because most of your stuff is produced there. Having a forwarder take it across the border is exactly something a business like Gateway would do. It's as anonymous as you get it.

Also, Guangdong is a better place to run your business from since everything is much cheaper than expensive Hong Kong, lol. Labor, life, rent, all of it.

Edit: Producing pirated goods or goods that allow for pirating is a criminal offense in HK, while here in China they couldn't really give a f* about anyone's IP (Intellectual Property) or protecting such rights.

Reactions: Relenting

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great plan. You should start now! Buy clone and brick your device. Begin!

Oh and I almost forgot - don't forget to post your address! lol :D
Don't have to buy a clone, just use a Gateway card with a 2.0b firmware for a while. Plenty of GW users already have their console bricked, so there's no reason for me to try to brick more. Just everyone with a bricked console already should send it in.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Then I bet they are actually based somewhere in Guangdong prefecture, it borders Hong Kong and is known as the "factory of the world" because most of your stuff is produced there. Having a forwarder take it across the border is exactly something a business like Gateway would do. It's as anonymous as you get it.

Also, Guangdong is a better place to run your business from since everything is much cheaper than expensive Hong Kong, lol. Labor, life, rent, all of it.

Nice knowledge.

Reactions: Seqa

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't have to buy a clone, just use a Gateway card with a 2.0b firmware for a while. Plenty of GW users already have their console bricked, so there's no reason for me to try to brick more. Just everyone with a bricked console already should send it in.

Now the question is why aren't they being sent in.

>because clone and or region free patch

Reactions: condiczek

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Now the question is why aren't they being sent in.

>because clone and or region free patch

Someone wrote that because Gateway won't fund the shipping to Gateway, only back if it's legit, they'll rather wait for a fix they can do without paying any money. They're that cheap.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone wrote that because Gateway won't fund the shipping to Gateway, only back if it's legit, they'll rather wait for a fix they can do without paying any money. They're that cheap.

Well this is how I see it.

Don't send console to Gateway, Gateway thinks there's nothing wrong with their code as all the consoles sent to them weren't broken using their firmware. Why should we remove the bricking code? It doesn't affect Gateway users.
Send console in and after enough are sent in they realize they screwed up with the code and it does affect Gateway users so they remove it.

They can sit there and fix their console is a fix is ever released over and over and over but do you want a temporary fix or a permanent one?

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's like you people never had to return items on eBay or other online shops. Most of the time you pay for shipping.

Paying shipping when doing an RMA is completely normal.

They do at first ask you to pay for the shipping, but if the product is faulty and they get the product and confirm that it's faulty, they'll fund you the amount you bought the product for plus the amount you paid to ship it back to them.

Edit: I mean big shops, not eBay sellers.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i dont see how people are trying to make this appear like anything more than the standard terms on any warranty/return

Because people think that they are entitled to get everything for free and have everyone bend over for them. It's disappointing, really. Paying for RMA is a normal practice. Anyone that has sold items online or purchased them online knows that. I don't blame the hesitation in shipping out because shipping internationally to a place like China is always a nightmare, what with customs paperwork and the heftier shipping costs.

Bit of advice, if you're shipping your console. I would HIGHLY suggest spending a few more dollars on insurance coverage and a bigger box that is well protected. A general rule of thumb for shipping packages is to ensure that nothing is moving. I can promise that if you just toss your 3DS in a small box to save on shipping, your 3DS will most likely get damaged in transit.

They do at first ask you to pay for the shipping, but if the product is faulty and they get the product and confirm that it's faulty, they'll fund you the amount you bought the product for plus the amount you paid to ship it back to them.

Yep that's true. That is actually fairly generous of them. As far as big shops are concerned, one big example is Amazon, who always pays shipping back to the carrier, bless them. And people wonder why I spend so much money on there... :wacko: And yes, the Gateway team is offering to refund the costs if the unit is found to have been legitimately bricked.

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Edit: I mean big shops, not eBay sellers.
Yep, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly what GW team is offering as well.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah ii have never had the postage for sending return from any RMA's, a few have provided a free postage sticker but plenty just out right say its your responsibility...and the law is on their side with that one unfortunatly

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yep, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly what GW team is offering as well.

But what I wrote is what they have written. They wrote they will repair it and ship it back to you for free. They haven't mentioned the initial shipping fee. Do they ask for your bank account? Do they put $20 in the package along with the repaired 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"