Tamaki from Unseen64, "NX not to compete with PS4 on a power level"

Deboog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/617098268674273281

Tamaki runs a website and a video series about video game development. He's dug up all sorts of tech demos and concept art from his contacts, so he obviously knows people. I'm not saying that his word is gospel, but he isn't just some random guy spreading a rumor.

The full tweet is, "The NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level. Absolutely sure of that now."

Last edited by Deboog,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you're going to post a topic in USN at least flesh it out a bit, don't just post a link to a tweet and leave it at that.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Or, perhaps it's going to be more powerful? Frankly, this gen is all underpowered (at least when you compared to previous gens). We're still a year off before Nintendo gives out details. The "leaks" he's done for various other things were not nearly as far off from leak to announcement as this is.

D

Deleted User

Well in an era where 1080p is becoming the standard I think that Ninty are making a mistake here. Perhaps they're rushing the hardware to minimise their losses from the WiiU.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
A DS with 4 screens, obviously :P
Behold the New 6DSi XL SP go & Knuckles featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.
nBqYWQv.jpg

Obviously the NX wont compete with PS4, it will accompany it in the same way as the Wii U has until now. they know consumers nowdays are too smart to go Nintendo only :tpi:.

Now talking more seriously this NX thing could be anything really, a portable or a home console or even a hybrid. let's think something like a PSP go where you can use the TV out and connect a DS3. but my guess is that something too techy for Nintendo, they had traveled the cheap path since the Wii in order to be the affordable option and something that can be portable and not at the same time sound too costly.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess I am more worried that this might just sink them lower than
Yup... If that guy got that sure about the NX being underpowered (supposing that he knows what he's talking about), then that means that Nintendo is probably relying on another gimmick to compensate... ..What makes me even more worried.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all