Tales of Hearts announced for Vita Winter 2014

D

Dork

The 360 version is fine. Deal with it. I would much, much rather they never waste resources on the PS3 version (and they wont, because that would be retarded). It would end up selling like crap because 95% of the fandom played it on 360, and then Bamco in their infinite wisdom would think "oh I guess they dun liek Tales gaems anymore." and stop bringing them over.

Except it already happened. It got a Japan release, there is no reason for it not to get localization. That's not how Bamco works but okay.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except it already happened. It got a Japan release, there is no reason for it not to get localization. That's not how Bamco works but okay.

Er what? Yes everyone who knows the Tales series knows it got a japanese PS3 release with a little bit of DLC. Patty isn't that great and as much as Flynn has a cool retro moveset, he's not a big deal either. Most of us fans with hacked PS3s tried out the japanese version.
It's a mammoth waste of manpower to localize, and as for sales that is EXACTLY how Bamco would perceive it. You must be new to the series and the company in general. Fans have been struggling to get Bamco to understand that Tales games WILL sell in the west. We don't need something like this to fuck things up. Most people have got their fill of ToV on the 360. The small percentage of bumpkins still waiting desperately for the PS3 version will in no way bring in enough sales to justify doing it. If anything it would only sell well because fans like myself would buy it in a desperate attempt not to lose the franchise to the west. But if that didn't happen, we could probably say goodbye to frequent and especially riskier localizations. (like handheld and spinoff titles)

D

Dork

Er what? Yes everyone who knows the Tales series knows it got a japanese PS3 release with a little bit of DLC. Patty isn't that great and as much as Flynn has a cool retro moveset, he's not a big deal either. Most of us fans with hacked PS3s tried out the japanese version.
It's a mammoth waste of manpower to localize, and as for sales that is EXACTLY how Bamco would perceive it. You must be new to the series and the company in general. Fans have been struggling to get Bamco to understand that Tales games WILL sell in the west. We don't need something like this to fuck things up. Most people have got their fill of ToV on the 360. The small percentage of bumpkins still waiting desperately for the PS3 version will in no way bring in enough sales to justify doing it. If anything it would only sell well because fans like myself would buy it in a desperate attempt not to lose the franchise to the west. But if that didn't happen, we could probably say goodbye to frequent and especially riskier localizations. (like handheld and spinoff titles)

Sorry my mistake. I'm new to the series, but I'm familiar with Bamco. It seems weird that they are that disconnected from their fans despite constant outlash though. Does the Vesperia PS3 version have dual audio or something because I don't have a working 360.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Another reason to make the switch from 3DS to Vita

why_not_both.gif

Besides, this wasn't the best example since you CAN play Tales of Hearts on 3DS (using the DS version, which is in many aspects (story, gameplay, sprite work) better than the Vita one... which really better should be polished for the US release).
And I don't see people from the RPG audience dropping Monster Hunter 4, four Shin Megami Tensei games, and a bunch of other releases either first-party or third-party, THAT easily just because an average remake of a DS game got localized.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
why_not_both.gif

Besides, this wasn't the best example since you CAN play Tales of Hearts on 3DS (using the DS version, which is in many aspects (story, gameplay, sprite work) better than the Vita one... which really better should be polished for the US release).
And I don't see people from the RPG audience dropping Monster Hunter 4, four Shin Megami Tensei games, and a bunch of other releases either first-party or third-party, THAT easily just because an average remake of a DS game got localized.

Well the reason was for me not for others. Unlike most Tempers I've made the switch from piracy to legitimacy(?) and no longer download games for free, mainly because I have a job, and considering I can't speak Japanese that DS option isn't completely viable for me. Also MH is a series I dislike and the only SMT game I want on the 3DS is the new Persona game, which I'll probably buy a 2DS for if it's as good as Persona 2-4. Right now the Vita just has more titles that I want, this tale of hearts game being another one to add to the pile.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Unlike most Tempers I've made the switch from piracy to legitimacy(?) and no longer download games for free,

3DS accepts DS cartridges from all regions (even the region locked iQue DS Chinese releases), you know...
And DS imports are a thing: you can find popular games like Jump Super Stars/Ouendan/Tales of, if you go to the right retailers. If everything else fails, there's international shipping.
Not really a piracy issue.

And Namco even acknowledged people were dissatisfied with ditching the polished 2D and mechanics and the low cost nature of the port/remake, and proceeded to release a spin-off that's essentially a crossover but using the original 2D engine of Tales of Hearts DS. I really hope they'll be able to fix the Vita version for the English release but I'm not holding my hopes up (since they said before they won't fix Xillia, Xillia 2 or Graces f for the localization like they used to do in the GC/PS2 days... and Hearts R really needs that extra polish)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
The PS Vita seems to be getting a good influx of JRPGs lately. Bad news for others. Great news for me. It'll be soon time to take the plunge.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
3DS accepts DS cartridges from all regions (even the region locked iQue DS Chinese releases), you know...
And DS imports are a thing: you can find popular games like Jump Super Stars/Ouendan/Tales of, if you go to the right retailers. If everything else fails, there's international shipping.
Not really a piracy issue.

And Namco even acknowledged people were dissatisfied with ditching the polished 2D and mechanics and the low cost nature of the port/remake, and proceeded to release a spin-off that's essentially a crossover but using the original 2D engine of Tales of Hearts DS. I really hope they'll be able to fix the Vita version for the English release but I'm not holding my hopes up (since they said before they won't fix Xillia, Xillia 2 or Graces f for the localization like they used to do in the GC/PS2 days... and Hearts R really needs that extra polish)

I know DS Imports are a thing but I for one can't exactly speak Japanese, also at this point why would I not choose a newer version over an older version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment