Tales of Berseria "Grand Tour" trailer

Bandai Namco Europe has uploaded a new trailer for Tales of Berseria, showcasing the combat system, the cast, and their Mystic Artes. The game is set to release for PS4 and PC on January 27th. Interestingly, despite being a European trailer, the game's text is not in English, nor is the dialogue dubbed.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i hear JUST ONE PIECE OF DLC being asthetic changes like costume, colors, or something dumb instead of more content, i'm not buying this game, if i have it and they do announce it later after purchase, i'm ejecting the disc, snapping it in half, and deleting my save data and trophy.:creep:

Wait, is there gonna be like dlc for character booster stuff like in tales of heart, where you start with like a million gold... i mean "GALD" and boost to level 20 or something, cause i mean seriously, that being dlc is just, why not just keep grade shops? or make it available at the beginning, where you get stuck, use your save data to start over at anytime spend grade points on 2X exp or some good stuff without needing clear save data, that be awesome. :)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i hear JUST ONE PIECE OF DLC being asthetic changes like costume, colors, or something dumb instead of more content, i'm not buying this game, if i have it and they do announce it later after purchase, i'm ejecting the disc, snapping it in half, and deleting my save data and trophy.:creep:
Please better send it to me, I have the will power to avoid buying stupid DLCs.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please better send it to me, I have the will power to avoid buying stupid DLCs.
I also have will power not to buy unnecessary dlc. :blink:

My point was to show extreme dissatisfaction. But let's hope is actually worth it, like some new story, map dungeon with tons of grade and exp money grabbing bosses or enemies that gets you rare expensive items... I miss chorno trigger. REMASTER PLEASE SQARE ENIX, That should have been before final fantasy 7 remaster was in progress. :creep:

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Oh Tales... please pull yourself out of this talespin with this game. I've got my fingers crossed that this game isn't going to be another Zestiria. I know it reviewed well in the east, but seeing what looks to be a rather plain combat system still has me teetering towards the edge of leery.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States

Wait, is there gonna be like dlc for character booster stuff like in tales of heart, where you start with like a million gold... i mean "GALD" and boost to level 20 or something, cause i mean seriously, that being dlc is just, why not just keep grade shops? or make it available at the beginning, where you get stuck, use your save data to start over at anytime spend grade points on 2X exp or some good stuff without needing clear save data, that be awesome. :)
Hey! If you want all the dlc, better fork over 200+ dollars!

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously. I just looked at the Steam page for Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (also Bandai Namco) and they have both a deluxe edition for $80 and a Season Pass for $30. If you want all the characters, you need to pay $110. DLC gouging is still hitting all-time highs in the AAA gaming industry, and while I'm sure Tales of Berseria won't be nearly that bad, it's still yet another example of the DLC disease. DLC, in my opinion, is a beautiful concept for expanding a complete game either because of developer passion, fan demand, or both, but day-1 DLC is just cutting a piece of the game away and holding it for ransom. What's worse is it fosters a lingering sense of not having the full game in the players who don't partake in the DLC. It's very anti-consumer, and I'm a little surprised that it hasn't been stamped out already by the gaming community. Not at all confused on how, mind you, but still definitely surprised.

Reactions: DarthDub

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want costume dlc, i want additional gameplay, RPG games didn't need dlc before, it had enough hidden content, secret enemies and weapons to unlock that made exploring worth it. Just have enough side quest with challenge and rewards worth the effort. Not COSTUME COSTCUME COSTUME HANDICAP, PAY TO WIN kind of stuff. Dead or alive 5 last round dlc is all costumes from 4 years ago, with only two additional characters from other games for sale. I would never spend like 10x the ammount of money the game disc is worth for dlc.:ph34r:

D

Deleted User

If i hear JUST ONE PIECE OF DLC being asthetic changes like costume, colors, or something dumb instead of more content, i'm not buying this game

Every person here with an ounce of knowledge about the Tales of series knows that you won't be buying this game nor any other future Tales of game, goodbye.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everybody screaming at the same time, 1000 graphic effects at once together with the "same" music .. I'm too old for this shit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The battles are sooo confusing, like Bimmel said, everyone screaming is tiring to listen to.
Battles seems more active than previous tales of I played. looks more like fighting games.

Why show a preview of what the game will be ? that game is already released in japan and we already know how it is, unless they changed some mechanics?

I watched the anime Zestiria the X, which has 2 episodes covering Berseria game story (prequel?) for the game launch advertisement.
I wanted to play Zestiria, but always read comments about it being bad, it's really that bad? it looked nice to me.
It is often in sales on PSN, but with stupid DLC like "start lv20, unlock trillons on Exp, and play without enjoying your game as it should be"

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battles are sooo confusing, like Bimmel said, everyone screaming is tiring to listen to.
Battles seems more active than previous tales of I played. looks more like fighting games.

Why show a preview of what the game will be ? that game is already released in japan and we already know how it is, unless they changed some mechanics?

I watched the anime Zestiria the X, which has 2 episodes covering Berseria game story (prequel?) for the game launch advertisement.
I wanted to play Zestiria, but always read comments about it being bad, it's really that bad? it looked nice to me.
It is often in sales on PSN, but with stupid DLC like "start lv20, unlock trillons on Exp, and play without enjoying your game as it should be"
You know, Zestiria wasn't that bad in terms of how bad games can turn out. For being a Tales game, though, its battle system was excessively bland and simplistic, which earned it a lot of ire because of just how prolific the franchise is and how far downhill it fell. It also had a skill system which was both convoluted and obnoxious to work with as well as required a lot of grinding and praying to RNGod. It's technically playable through to the end without getting too aggravated, but it's an ultimately bland experience. Well, that and the story was more plot holes than it was cohesive narrative, the characters were largely found to be either unlikable or just forgettable (though Lailah seems to have found a cult following), and the game's take on morality has its head so far up its own rectum it can see daylight when it yawns.

Reactions: Manki and Cyan

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After Zestiria I won't buy this ... at least not early !
I was so happy that with Zestiria they finaly remembered PC games but the game was sooooo bad ... at least in the beginning ...
this was the first time even that I did not fall in love with a Tales of game after the first 10-20 minutes.
I played until the first small village and I was so underwhelmed by just everything.

But at least the trailer for this one looks very good !

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So wait you'd rather they snap off content and sell it to you separately?
That's what most games "content" dlc is. I do think the cosmetic DLC is a bit tacky but there's still plenty of stuff ingame. (booster DLC is whatever, but casual gamers willl be casual gamers)
Tales games aren't exactly known for their content DLC as far as I can remember. The content is complete from the start, no real need for DLC content.

After Zestiria I won't buy this ... at least not early !
I was so happy that with Zestiria they finaly remembered PC games but the game was sooooo bad ... at least in the beginning ...
this was the first time even that I did not fall in love with a Tales of game after the first 10-20 minutes.
I played until the first small village and I was so underwhelmed by just everything.

But at least the trailer for this one looks very good !

What was bad about Zestiria's PC launch?
I played it the second it unlocked and let me, and had absolutely no issues whatsoever. It ran flawlessly.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So wait you'd rather they snap off content and sell it to you separately?
That's what most games "content" dlc is. I do think the cosmetic DLC is a bit tacky but there's still plenty of stuff ingame. (booster DLC is whatever, but casual gamers willl be casual gamers)
Tales games aren't exactly known for their content DLC as far as I can remember. The content is complete from the start, no real need for DLC content.

What was bad about Zestiria's PC launch?
I played it the second it unlocked and let me, and had absolutely no issues whatsoever. It ran flawlessly.
The PC version, like all the other versions, was locked to 30fps, and that set a lot of people off, iirc. And a few days later a fan made a patch that let the game run at 60fps with little to no issue, so fans put the blame on Namco for not putting in enough effort to release it with an uncapped framerate, despite the PC version being great, especially for a first time series PC launch.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone