Tablet and Controller

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I've changed my thought process for portable gaming. After doing a bit of research the idea of buying a tablet and inserting it into a controller seems like a good alternative. However I'm curious if the various key emulators (like PPSSPP, Mupenplus, and epsxe) would be capable of syncing with controllers like this:

https://www.amazon.com/POWER-MOGA-H...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=PKFMY8H1P8BJYFXB2XB8&th=1

If so then I'm very interested in good controller recommendations to attach to a tablet. Also am I correct in assuming that a reasonably priced tablet released within the past year would be significantly more powerful than a Portable Shield?

Last edited by Prior22,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Alright so I've changed my thought process for portable gaming. After doing a bit of research the idea of buying a tablet and inserting it into a controller seems like a good alternative. However I'm curious if the various key emulators (like PPSSPP, Mupenplus, and epsxe) would be capable of syncing with controllers like this:

https://www.amazon.com/POWER-MOGA-H...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=PKFMY8H1P8BJYFXB2XB8&th=1

If so then I'm very interested in good controller recommendations to attach to a tablet. Also am I correct in assuming that a reasonably priced tablet released within the past year would be significantly more powerful than a Portable Shield?
Emulators all support gamepads just fine, many games support them too and for the ones that don't you have touch emulation software (that does require root though)
I have a MOGA Pocket (their first model I think?) and it works pretty well, but the lack of a D-Pad and it using analog nubs instead of proper sticks kind of sucks. The one you linked looks much better.
Alternatively, you could get the 8bitdo NES30 Pro/FC30 Pro, with the Xtander addon that you can clip your phone to.
I have a NES30 Pro and it's a pretty good gamepad.
There should be one coming out for the new SNES30 Pro/SFC30 Pro as well.

D

Deleted User

Nothing is powerful than Switch and Shield K1.
Newest Mali GPU can compete (T-880T) but it can't win.
Get a 8BitDo controller instead, they look nice and work nicely.
Moga or Pega controllers are known for shitty battery life, and good luck trying to find 10" screen to gamepad docker

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also am I correct in assuming that a reasonably priced tablet released within the past year would be significantly more powerful than a Portable Shield?
Erm...I would say this depends on what you mean with "reasonably priced" and "significantly". :unsure:

The portable shield had a first generation tegra 4, 1.9 GHz quad core CPU, 2GB RAM and 16 GB flash memory. Gaming tablets now have better specs than that, but this is counterbalanced a bit by their higher screen size/resolution (the shield had only a 5 inch screen at 1280x720). So at the same price point you get better hardware (probably even 'significant'), but is 299$ something you would call reasonably priced?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE