Homebrew System-wide button remapping for the DS?

aydio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,
I wonder if it's possible or if there's a homebrew application that allows me to remap certain buttons on the DS. The reason I want this is because I have a handicap on my right hand which doesn't allow me to press for example the B and R buttons simultaneously. Depending on the game, I want to remap less important actions to the shoulder buttons.
Thanks for your help!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
there is no homebrew which can do this AFAIK...

but i do think you can use cheat codes to remap the keys, the problem is you have to build them yourself or ask a friend who is experienced to do it.. it is not easy.. or someone to make a rom patch...

do you will stay handicaped for a really long time? or it is a temporary thing?

aydio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I was born that way. It worked out well with other consoles/handhelds so far but the DS is giving me some trouble. Using a cheat code is a good idea.. but can I search for game values within the game (R4i RTS 3 DS) or do I have to use an emulator for that?

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Theoretically one could use an altered version of FlashMe to remap the buttons I guess.
If you alter the ARM7 code for reading the hardware registers for the buttons.
Then the buttons would be permanently switched though, until you reflash your DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over