Homebrew system transfer to 10.5.1 3ds?

uribemaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I have a 10.3 3ds with legit perfect cia's installed on the system menu. i want to transfer my 3ds data to another one with firmware 10.5.1 before i downgrade. Will the cia's also transfer? If not, Is there a way i can transfer them? Are there any precautions that i should take?

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I have a 10.3 3ds with legit perfect cia's installed on the system menu. i want to transfer my 3ds data to another one with firmware 10.5.1 before i downgrade. Will the cia's also transfer? If not, Is there a way i can transfer them? Are there any precautions that i should take?
-edited-

Last edited by Blue,

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Format your 10.3 system put in your 10.3 systems NNID in the 10.5 system
You can't format one system and put your NNID onto another, new one without a system transfer first.
You have to initiate a system transfer first (I did via EmuNAND) which will fail, but the NNID is then freed and assigned to the other 3DS.

Better set up EmuNAND tho and unlink both NANDs first before attempting a transfer tho, you HAVE to restore a backup on the source system once done or else you'll be stuck in an infinite update nag loop.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But they still aren't "legit enough" to system transfer.

Wait where did you get that info from? I am pretty sure the legit cias are stored locally on your 3DS and not your NNID. You cant redownload them on another system, because you have not bought them. Pretty sure you cant transfer legit CIAs from one system to another D:

Last edited by Noroxus,
Reactions: Quantumcat and N64

uribemaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't format one system and put your NNID onto another, new one without a system transfer first.
You have to initiate a system transfer first (I did via EmuNAND) which will fail, but the NNID is then freed and assigned to the other 3DS.

Better set up EmuNAND tho and unlink both NANDs first before attempting a transfer tho, you HAVE to restore a backup on the source system once done or else you'll be stuck in an infinite update nag loop.
So i need to downgrade without formatting first, unlink nands and then do the transfer?

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
So i need to downgrade without formatting first, unlink nands and then do the transfer?
Yes, downgrade both systems to 9.2.0.20 so you can set EmuNAND up on both. Then unlink both 3DS NANDs and update those EmuNANDs to 10.5. MAKE AN EMUNAND BACKUP THO OF BOTH, you need to restore it after the system transfer! Then you can initiate a System Transfer, however it will fail, don't worry.

The whole process here is JUST to move the NNID, NOT TO MOVE YOUR INSTALLED TITLES. You have to redownload everything from the eShop and transfer your saves manually after doing so, that's how I did it and it worked actually well, the only downside is that this will probably take a few hours ;P

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If you are talking about legit .cias then forget about transfering NNIDs. Legit CIAs are not bound to your NNID they are stored locally on your 3DS. If you system transfer you can not redownload them from the eShop, because the games are not listed as bought on the Nintendo eShop servers.
It doesnt matter if you unlink NANDs (if you even have emuNAND that is) and transfer NNIDs, because system transfer doesnt transfer tickets.db, where the tickets for the legit CIAs are stored - once again - locally. You would have to redownload them from the eShop, but as mentioned earlier you do not possess the rights to redownload them, becuase you have not bought them legally on the eShop

uribemaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about legit .cias then forget about transfering NNIDs. Legit CIAs are not bound to your NNID they are stored locally on your 3DS. If you system transfer you can not redownload them from the eShop, because the games are not listed as bought on the Nintendo eShop servers.
It doesnt matter if you unlink NANDs (if you even have emuNAND that is) and transfer NNIDs, because system transfer doesnt transfer tickets.db, where the tickets for the legit CIAs are stored - once again - locally. You would have to redownload them from the eShop, but as mentioned earlier you do not possess the rights to redownload them, becuase you have not bought them legally on the eShop
Ahh ok i see so i cant redownload them on the new system with 10.5. Since its on newest firmware i cant downgrade so ill just keep it for my wife. so should i system transfer? Is there a way for my nnid to be on both 3ds? I prefer to have it on the 10.5 one so if not ill just do that

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh ok i see so i cant redownload them on the new system with 10.5. Since its on newest firmware i cant downgrade so ill just keep it for my wife. so should i system transfer? Is there a way for my nnid to be on both 3ds? I prefer to have it on the 10.5 one so if not ill just do that

Nope, you can't have the same NNID on both systems. Thats not possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome