Hacking System Transfer N3DS 9.9 sysnand to N3DS 9.0 sysnand

joekw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I just got hold of a N3DS on 9.0 and want to transfer all of my games and saves from my N3DS 9.9.

Is this possible?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought encryption changed after 9.6?

It does so I'm not certain how the data will be read by the games. Either way you could always transfer back if it doesn't work after the 7 day wait. Just keep a backup of your original SD card before the transfer if it doesn't work.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This will probably not work for you.

Your main problem is the fact that one system is on 9.9 and the other will only be on 9.2 (or 9.5 for emunand) and the encryption (and transfer protocols) changed in 9.6.

Afaik the original limitations for using the firmware spoof still apply, meaning transfers are limited to the following sets of source/destination firmwares:

Source : 3.0 <---> Target : 3.0
Source : 4.0-4.5 <---> Target : 4.0-4.5
Source : 5.0-6.3 <---> Target : 5.0-6.3
Source : 7.0-8.1 <---> Target : 7.0-8.1
Source : 9.0-9.5 <---> Target : 9.0-9.5
Source : 9.6-9.9 <---> Target : 9.6-9.9

joekw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This will probably not work for you.

Your main problem is the fact that one system is on 9.9 and the other will only be on 9.2 (or 9.5 for emunand) and the encryption (and transfer protocols) changed in 9.6.

Afaik the original limitations for using the firmware spoof still apply, meaning transfers are limited to the following sets of source/destination firmwares:

Source : 3.0 <---> Target : 3.0
Source : 4.0-4.5 <---> Target : 4.0-4.5
Source : 5.0-6.3 <---> Target : 5.0-6.3
Source : 7.0-8.1 <---> Target : 7.0-8.1
Source : 9.0-9.5 <---> Target : 9.0-9.5
Source : 9.6-9.9 <---> Target : 9.6-9.9

That's what I thought :(

I was thinking that I could use a exploitable 2DS as a surrogate but you can't transfer from new to old :/

Am I screwed until N3DS 9.9 emunand is possible?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought :(
I was thinking that I could use a exploitable 2DS as a surrogate but you can't transfer from new to old :/
Am I screwed until N3DS 9.9 emunand is possible?

Seems like it. You can always xfer your purchases and re-download, but the saves would be lost which is what you're after.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I transfer purchases?

I'm not sure about system transfer, it would probably work but you would have to wipe system after and then re-link your NNID. You could also just call Nintendo and tell them you want to transfer the NNID via serial number and they will do so behind the scenes for you.

joekw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure about system transfer, it would probably work but you would have to wipe system after and then re-link your NNID. You could also just call Nintendo and tell them you want to transfer the NNID via serial number and they will do so behind the scenes for you.

If I call up Nintendo and tell them that my 9.9 N3DS is broken, can they transfer my purchases to my 9.0 N3DS? And if so, will my games still be usable on my 'broken' 9.9 N3DS?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I call up Nintendo and tell them that my 9.9 N3DS is broken, can they transfer my purchases to my 9.0 N3DS? And if so, will my games still be usable on my 'broken' 9.9 N3DS?

Yes, but you can't connect to eShop or online as there can only be one NNID per unit. Even though it's showing "linked" on the 9.9 system, it's really not. Kind of counter intuitive anyway as you would have two different saves on the units unless you have a lot of VC stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended