Gaming System transfer from old to old 3ds

johovahs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know your experiences on system transfers. My console has a eshop game on it. My co-worker is planning on selling her console but we agreed to put her 2 eshop games on mine since she is selling it for pretty cheap. Would this work? Or would I lose my eshop game and instead take over her 2?

What I want as the end result is having 3 eshop games on mine. I don't really care for the NNID of hers coming on mine if that matters.

Would you suggest we both unlink NNID to accomplish this? I know I have to unlink mine, but don't know about hers.

johovahs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if we both did the system format as Nintendo has on their help pages to unlink the NNID. Would that work this way? Or does the source always have to have a NNID?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games aren't just linked to the console once an NNID is in place, but to the NNID as well. It's why if your system is destroyed/stolen, Nintendo can move the NNID and games to a new system.

System formatting won't matter. Also, when you remove an NNID from a 3DS, it tends to format it and remove all associated content anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free