OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Hi

My friend recently bricked his O3DS by installing system cias onto his sysNAND. He made a backup of his o3DS sysNAND using Gateway menu. I'm going to NAND mod his 3DS so I can flash back the NAND.bin he backed up before. However, the file was backed up using Gateway menu. Is there any extra step that I have to do in order to flash the gw nand backup back to his bricked 3DS?

Thanks in advance!!!

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Thanks gamesquest1! But isn't it that simple? Oh, also, I've dumped my N3DS NAND 3 times in a row continuously and had 3 files with different hash check (MD5). Is it normal? How to test to see if the files will later work normally?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks gamesquest1! But isn't it that simple? Oh, also, I've dumped my N3DS NAND 3 times in a row continuously and had 3 files with different hash check (MD5). Is it normal? How to test to see if the files will later work normally?
yeah its that simple, if your making dumps via the GW menu they will always have a different MD5, every time you boot up the console files are changed on the nand, so it will never be identicle, unless you get 2 dumps at the same time via the hardmod, don't worry its all quite easy, but i always make a dump before flashing back the backup (but seeing as the console is bricked anyway, there isnt much more that can go wrong)

i suppose the easiest way to check a nand dump is to use emunand tool to write it to emunand and test it out there, that will make sure it was a valid nand dump, although unless you have a dodgy fake SD card there isnt really much chance of a bad nand dump via the GW menu

Reactions: Obi123

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
yeah its that simple, if your making dumps via the GW menu they will always have a different MD5, every time you boot up the console files are changed on the nand, so it will never be identicle, unless you get 2 dumps at the same time via the hardmod, don't worry its all quite easy, but i always make a dump before flashing back the backup (but seeing as the console is bricked anyway, there isnt much more that can go wrong)

i suppose the easiest way to check a nand dump is to use emunand tool to write it to emunand and test it out there, that will make sure it was a valid nand dump, although unless you have a dodgy fake SD card there isnt really much chance of a bad nand dump via the GW menu

Thanks dude! By the way, do you remove the gamecard slot completely for the CLK, or just desolder 3 points and bend up the point near wifi card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.