System files are corrupted // Priiloader not starting

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sunulos, Jul 11, 2010.

Jul 11, 2010
    • Newcomer

Sunulos New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Ok, so I bought a Wii one week ago, it came with system menu 4.1E and I managed to get homebrew, backup loaders and priiloader set up on it. (I had to install bootmii as an IOS as its one of the newer wii's and didnt have the option to set it as boot2)

A few days ago I started getting the message "The system files are corrupted.. please refer to manual. etc. etc." Fortunately I was still able to boot in to priiloader and get to hbc from there. Since everything could still be run fine I left it for a few days.

Today I used NUS Auto Downloader to download system menu 4.1E again (making sure to select the correct region-EUR) and placed it on the SD card. I used WAD manager to install it and when I reset I still got the corrupted error, only this time I am also not able to load priiloader by holding the reset button [IMG]

I tried using Universal Unbrick Disc v4 but the wii doesnt load the DVD.. as I write this I just realised its probably as I'm running an LU64+ / LEH250+ Wii [IMG]

Am I screwed??
    (Thanks for reading)

luminalace New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    I'm assuming that installing SM 4.1 again has overwritten your Prilloader! You may be screwed as you put it!
    • Banned

EseHomes Banned!

Message Count:
    United States
    This is a long shot and probably wont work, but try getting into maintenance mode...but like I said I doubt it will help at all. Hopefully you made a nand backup before. Your only option is probably to get a modchip and make sure you dont have a d3-2 drive then try some other discs. If you can do a savemiifrii and be able to launch some games then you have more of a chance to fix this.

DKAngel New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    yup priiloader was removed when u reinstalled the system menu
    • Newcomer

Sunulos New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    hmm, I definately do have a D3-2 drive [IMG]

Also the Wii wont load in to maintenance mode..

I guess I'll have to splash out on another wii [IMG]
    • Banned

EseHomes Banned!

Message Count:
    United States
    if you still have the receipt then just return it and get a different one. Other than that, send it to someone that does have spare non-d3-2 drives and modchips kicking around.

neotank19 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    If you bought it new just send it to nintendo. if worse comes to worse and they won't fix it then get a new one.

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Message Count:
    Turkey
    One can fix it through Rabbid Party workaround though you need to swap the drive with a chipped pre D3-2 one...

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Message Count:
    Puerto Rico
    I've never used Priiloader as a have bootmii as boot2. But I'm curious about what happened to the OP. If for example I have a newer wii with a 4.2 system menu and I install priiloader and then I download a 4.1 system menu (downgrade) the wii, I will have the same problem as the OP or what happened to him was something else or different?

In which element does the OP fell?

In theory, the only elements that would impede the functioning of Priiloader if they are deleted or corrupted are:

* IOS36
    * Homebrew Channel IOS (usually IOS34 and IOS61)
    * System Menu IOS (usually IOS30, IOS50, IOS60 and IOS70)
    * System Menu (in this case even if it is corrupt but it's bootable Priiloader still works, but not if it was deleted)

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Message Count:
    Turkey
    He possibly got banner bricked but since he was able to boot into hbc he didn't gave much damn into it...
    There are two (maybe more) variants of System files corrupted message too...
    1. Written black on white background occurs temporaily and one doesn't need to care a lot...
    2. Through banner brick (white on black), menu throws this when header of a banner fails the md5 check and so on...
    3. In case of some other nand corruption (white on black)

OP had either 2 or 3... for 2. case he needed to remove the offending title... case 3 is much more complex and could be either from nandfs corruption or much low level failure..

In the case of OP priiloader was not failing, it was the system menu that's failing...

ps: Guess the lacked ES_Identify bug related issue is not the case with priiloader hence I omitted from above list...

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Message Count:
    Puerto Rico
    Got it!

Thanks for your explanation WiiCrazy.

tHciNc New Member

Message Count:
    New Zealand
    I had exactly the same issue, reinstalling priiloader fixed it, people need to know that priiloader is part of sysmenu, so reinstalling sysmenu wad will always remove it
    • Newcomer

Sunulos New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Yep after reading up later I realised was bannerbricked but didnt know it at the time, I tried to reinstall a sysmenu to see if that would fix it but the new sys menu just showed a black screen when I exited homebrew so I reset the wii to try and start fixing it again only to find priiloader gone also :s

I've put the repair on hold as I went out and bought a second-hand wii which allows bootmii as boot2 so I'll be happy with that one for a while.

I'll look at either getting infectus or some other chip at a later date to un-brick my original wii.

Thanks all for the suggestions

SPONSORED LINKS