Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's not forget the fact that the Vita translation absolutely blows (seriously, some of it looks like it was run through Google Translate), and there is no easy way to extract the text at this point in time. I don't even think it's possible to dump Vita games yet, much less digital Vita titles to even consider extraction of the script as a possibility. Regardless, especially with the PS4 version coming this summer with an improved translation, it seems almost pointless to continue translating the PSP title. All the content from Infinity Moment has been localized, even if not in the initially intended format. I get that there are people who don't own a Vita or a PS4, or have issues getting their hands on one, but ultimately it's better to support the official localized title. It's only thanks to the relatively strong Western sales of Hollow Fragment on the Vita that we're even seeing a better PS4 version, and it's the only reason we're seeing Lost Song at all.

It's not as if dropping a translation because a title is being localized is uncommon. Ultimately fan translators are just looking to bring an experience to gamers that they would have no way to experience otherwise. Once a way is given to experience that content legitimately, they essentially lose their purpose. Pokemon is about the only thing I've ever seen translated prior to an official localization even when knowing it's coming, but that's just impatience on the part of everybody involved on a level few, if any other games ever cause.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a bit of discussion about that when Hollow Fragment released. The team didn't feel it was worth the effort or the risk now that there was an official translation (potentially harming sales and what not), on top of that while just copy pasting the official translation sounds easy, its also potentially the most troublesome due to copyright and what not.
It also isn't as easy as it sounds to transfer the script from HF to IM. To my knowledge, no one has actually managed to decrypt Vita games, so we'd have to find every string in the game and key in the official translation by hand. Plus yeah, it'd be illegal if we did that.

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It also isn't as easy as it sounds to transfer the script from HF to IM. To my knowledge, no one has actually managed to decrypt Vita games, so we'd have to find every string in the game and key in the official translation by hand. Plus yeah, it'd be illegal if we did that.
Indeed, to the best of my knowledge, one person has figured out how to dump physical games via physical modification to the card and someone else has figured out how to extract and decrypt savegames but not re-encrypt them for use on the vita again. The pieces are slowly coming together but since HF is digital only, we'd probably be looking at needing full decryption capability and probably vita CFW to transfer the game without content manager.

ZerkyKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tell me how translating PSP games and using CFWs are not illegal LOL

I don't own Vita or PS4 and I do have insane trouble putting my hands on one. Also, I don't think Infinity Moment would ruin sales in any way, year or two after its original release. If you have the translated text, just fix grammar, re-correct sentences and you are fine.

This also happen with FFT0, but the team knew what it was doing and haven't decided to abandon their project like some pu**ies.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't own Vita or PS4 and I do have insane trouble putting my hands on one. Also, I don't think Infinity Moment would ruin sales in any way, year or two after its original release. If you have the translated text, just fix grammar, re-correct sentences and you are fine.

This also happen with FFT0, but the team knew what it was doing and haven't decided to abandon their project like some pu**ies.
Holy mother of self entitlement. You are the exact kind of person that translators loathe. You are the whiny, entitled child type that thinks you deserve what you want, and you should have it when you want it. You should get over yourself.

And no, with FF Type 0, the day the translation patch was released, suddenly Square Enix announced they were localizing FF Type 0. The project was complete before the localization announcement was ever made. So not only are you acting like a douche, but you're an incorrect douche. Congrats.

ZerkyKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy mother of self entitlement. You are the exact kind of person that translators loathe. You are the whiny, entitled child type that thinks you deserve what you want, and you should have it when you want it. You should get over yourself.

And no, with FF Type 0, the day the translation patch was released, suddenly Square Enix announced they were localizing FF Type 0. The project was complete before the localization announcement was ever made. So not only are you acting like a douche, but you're an incorrect douche. Congrats.

Is that so? That's too bad man... You see, I feel very good being this way. I was waiting for this translation for a year now. Its not like I want it imminently. But, considering someone is translating it, then they mean to bestow it to someone. And its on us gamers to receive it. In reality, nobody gives a sh*t about your reasons for translating. Do you think someone love you because you translated something? All people care is translation itself, hence it brings pleasure - not translator. Same is with money man. You will have problem if you expect something in return for your own ideas and later on realise all people care is your patch.

But, if creator feel great delight and pleasure from unconditionaly bestowing its own patch, then its different story.

Also, you could try to stop assuming you are always talking to child when you feel as the one who's always right with negotiation in question.

Regarding FFT0, translation team had copyright negotiations and still decided to f*ck off SquareEnix. I was waiting for FFT0 patch man as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is that so? That's too bad man... You see, I feel very good being this way. I was waiting for this translation for a year now. Its not like I want it imminently. But, considering someone is translating it, then they mean to bestow it to someone. And its on us gamers to receive it. In reality, nobody gives a sh*t about your reasons for translating. Do you think someone love you because you translated something? All people care is translation itself, hence it brings pleasure - not translator. Same is with money man. You will have problem if you expect something in return for your own ideas and later on realise all people care is your patch.

But, if creator feel great delight and pleasure from unconditionaly bestowing its own patch, then its different story.

Also, you could try to stop assuming you are always talking to child when you feel as the one who's always right with negotiation in question.

Regarding FFT0, translation team had copyright negotiations and still decided to f*ck off SquareEnix. I was waiting for FFT0 patch man as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Dude, really...
Whether or not we ever release the patch is up to the team, Sporky lost his motivation since there was an official translation, even if it was shitty as fuck, and Stor decided to stop working on it based on his principles.
We talked over it and we decided to stop working on the patch.

You're not entitled to anything, and I'm pretty sure there was even a fan translation team that decided to retire because of people with your type of attitude.
Nobody gives a shit about your feels, to me and the rest of the forum you're just a person on the internet.

As for Type-0, the team didn't decide to fuck SE, Sky decided to release the patch against the rest of the teams wishes.

BTW, it's unconditionally.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're not entitled to anything, and I'm pretty sure there was even a fan translation team that decided to retire because of people with your type of attitude.
Nobody gives a shit about your feels, to me and the rest of the forum you're just a person on the internet.

Yup, it was Crimson Nocturnal, they worked on the SaGa 2 translation and some others. Due to the constant requests for patches and self-entitled jerks like Zerky here, they just gave up on it.
People need to learn their manners even if this is the internet.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I will answer that:
- Translating "any" games is a grey area in justice since we are basically not telling people to pirate anything, we are providing a way to modify something they're supposed to have (and emulator can compensate for the lack of CFW btw)
Hence why we give away patches and not isos/roms
- It's not all about the sales and sporky already said something about having the translated text. While you may think it's easy, files are organised and all, let me tell you this, in SAO IM, at least it's a CPK archive which means we have access to folder/filename. But the scripts filename are just random (like the first text of the game is located in something like: f8c2) So cross referencing all the text that you should have to note down yourself + playing Hollow Fragment to transcribe everything could be even more tiresome than translating itself.
- FFT0... I don't care and I abandon whatever I want because I am a pu**y.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmmm... negotiation? Really? lolz.
As for the release of ff type 0 patch, I am really on the 50/50 side. Half of me don't want all our effort ~1 year effort goes down the drain, my other half wants to keep things cool. It's 2 years ++ for Sky and others, they definitely felt it more than I do. Well, enough about that...

Translating one random line from a big lump of lines without context is not always straightforward and easy. Type 0 files are big random lump of texts, and made even more complex after the merging of 2 UMDs that we got duplicates. Wish if it really is just picking some grammar mistakes , re-correct the sentences and boom - a complete translation project. Try get a page of full of jp lines and translate them to your native language and tell me if it's reasonable. Don't take modern day lines... take fantasies and stuffs :P

ceifadorx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what you need to think is unofficial translation is a hobby, if he doesn't want to translate this game he can.

sssaiyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
i register just now just to add some comment on this, because i am very dissatisfied with this being abandoned too.
i am very agreed with zerkyknight on this and i ll tell you what in our head "gamer" to the translator-sama here.

you aren't translator --> "ow you re the same as me then we are friends."

you are the translator of finished project --> "wow you're my "new god" you must be a reincarnating messiah to fulfill my wish. My thanks word wont be enough to describe my gratitude to you please keep translating my favorite game please. may every god in this world bless you, always give you health and prosperity"

you are the translator of abandoned project --> " what the hell you give my hope so high and now you abandoned it shattering all my heart and hope for future that i almost hate all the game itself, did you know i check your website everyday just to see this game finished and after some year you just saying "i am bored or whatever so i abandoned it sorry. thanks for all your support" damn sh*t my anger and hatred cannot be calm with only your sorry or thanks i hope you'll dumped by all your beloved one, and die alone in gutter."

So my point is if you didnt have a strong will to translate the game please dont translate it and give a false hope for us gamer.It is better to not translating anything rather than doing a half heart job and disappointed a lot of people.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nobody did it here, dude.

Plus, do you really think the official localization didn't disappoint anyone? Such a penetrated mind you have! :lol:

After spending around 80h on the game, that translation kinda grows on ya. x'D
You can even go and penetrate together with girls. Maybe all of them were futa's. =O

Reactions: Hargrun and Kalker3

ZerkyKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys, translation is abandoned and its all over, eh?

Its obvious our opinions differ as in every other aspects of life. Which is fine, and its not worth arguing about. Nothing will change by it.

So, why not simply lock the topic and mark as abandoned?

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I mentioned prior, this thread was first and foremost a thread about the game itself and whether anyone was interested in translating it, it wasn't this team's thread per se. In the end the team did end up having the OP edited simply to try and deal with some of the people not reading the last few pages of a thread and instead asking for downloads, partial patches, progress etc. The team had the intention of making their own thread when their project was sufficiently developed, that never happened due to Hollow Fragment.

In that sense however this thread is still serving its purpose, acting as a hub for anyone who may be interested in making a translation of the game, the same way how Exorcizamus stepped into the thread for a while, released a google translation with the help of a few other people making the patch and then made it available. Just as that happened a few months ago, it may well happen again, just not from the main team.

sssaiyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
well i agreed better lock this translation thread and marked it as abandoned before it disappoint more people and other hater like me post much worse opinion.
for all my friends sao fans well i'm very sad and disappointed like all of you :V see this to cheer you a little bit
for the translator i suggest you better write some apology in front of page for 538.249 viewer and sao fans that hoping this translation completed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo