Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let me break it down for you. It doesn't matter what you all think piracy works, I'm done with SAO right now because of ethic. I don't want to touch anything that has been officially translated, even if it's in another system.
If you want to support the game just buy it. That's what I think.
I do all this because we CAN'T understand these games, what's the point if there's an official translation ? (as shitty as it is)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Let me break it down for you. It doesn't matter what you all think piracy works, I'm done with SAO right now because of ethic. I don't want to touch anything that has been officially translated, even if it's in another system.
I do all this because we CAN'T understand these games, what's the point if there's an official translation ? (as shitty as it is)

Sadly, a lot of people don't seem to understand that (not just here). People seem to believe that they're entitled to something simply because they want it.
While translations are somewhat of a grey area, I hold the belief that they might benefit the developers and publishers (this being the case especially with PC Visual Novels), when a game has already been localized however, it wouldn't benefit them and could even be dangerous to the translation group (C&D's and the like).
After a few years have gone by however, I do believe it'd be nice to have a new translation patch (heck, even if for the Vita as well by that time), if for nothing else, to fix some of that grammar (still quite playable though, way better than Lux Pain in that regard). x'D

Reactions: StorMyu

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the usual crap from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

That's not what's being discussed.

He thinks that a pirated game equals a lost sale.

But it's not. This is just common sense that he wants to ignore.

There is some logic to Tylerrr's statement, but it makes the assumption that people who pirate were NEVER going to buy the game in the first place or would ONLY buy used games. If that is true, then yes, this statement is correct. One could make a reasonable argument that this also applies for games that were never localized in your area. "It was never meant to be sold in that region, thus the company should not expect any sales from that region to begin with."

HOWEVER, this statement does not deal with people who WOULD be willing to pay for a new game, but then found the bargain basement price of free pirated copy. Or people who are still willing to buy a new game, but thanks to pirated copy, are willing to wait for the price to drop in stores or are now willing to buy used.

I think the most accurate way of putting it is "Not EVERY pirated game equals a lost sale." At least not a 1-to-1 relationship. The problem for publishers and developers is "How many of them did, and is it enough to affect our bottom line?"

Reactions: jag272
D

Deleted User

This thread should be closed, the project has been over for awhile now.
If others want to start another project they should make their own thread.
Leaving this open only lead to more of this:
wheres the download link?
Or this:
You guys still alive ?
Or this:
Guys,any news!? is it at least been translated or it's dropped!?
Or this:
exorcizamus missing.
It was good while it lasted.

Reactions: Skelletonike

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread should be closed, the project has been over for awhile now.

Strictly speaking, this is a thread for the game itself, not the translation progress of the team. They actually said themselves they planned to start their own thread once their translation was sufficiently developed. As it happened though they ended up needing to put notes in the OP to try and cut down on the amount of questions like that.

Ofcourse theres no denying this thread was primarily for their translation, with exorcizamus's patch taking the spotlight for a little while, but strictly speaking this thread is for the game and finding translation teams for said game. See the original post thats now spoiler tagged in the OP for reference.

I do agree though, the questions about status are a bit tedious but that was going to happen either way, It doesnt help that google tends to show the later pages in search results rather than the OP (I myself initially got linked to page 34 when I first found this project, not page 1)

Reactions: Hargrun

Reiten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rather then closing, it might be a better idea to ask an admin to change the thread name to something like Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP](Translation Stopped) until someone decides to pick this up. That would at least cut down the number of useless questions.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods don't care about this forum. Otherwise, it would say "Rom Hacking and Translations" like it does in the NDS and 3DS sections instead of whatever it says now. About all they do it make sure people don't post illegal stuff.

Reactions: luckymouse0

luckymouse0

Mad Scientist
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Argentina

Wow wow Hold your horses my friend. Don't get angry like that.

People like myself, "were"(past) waiting for a translation because of the popularity of the anime, and because of the ppsspp emulator.

Not every person in this world lives in first world countries like you. So please stop saying you can buy the games or consoles.

The problem here is that as I believe StorMyu said previously (could be another member of the team, correct me if im wrong) in order to make english display properly, unlike the exorcizamus patch which used shortform to match the game's own word splitting, theyve heavily modified how the game displays text. For that reason, if they released a partial patch the english would display correctly but any Japanese text would be horrifically broken and just completely unusable.

Its a case of menu patch or wait for a possible full release really (whether from this team or another), that or fork out for a vita which I'm keeping an eye on sales/preowned for, not gonna pay full vita price for 1 game especially with sony charging snake oil prices for memory cards again.

You sir, have the best answer here. How i see this is like "Don't eat and don't let other eat", that's the problem.

exorcizamus's patch, did what someone with no knowledge in programming can, without any help.
I asked them for help, and they didn't even answer.

They underestimate that patch, and now is popular hehe.

...While translations are somewhat of a grey area...

Rom hacking is (and always be) illegal, like cracks, warez etc.
If you mean to a translation guide or something, then that is legal, because you created it.

Mods don't care about this forum. Otherwise, it would say "Rom Hacking and Translations" like it does in the NDS and 3DS sections instead of whatever it says now. About all they do it make sure people don't post illegal stuff.

Ow man, i didn't know that. Maybe that's why every great psp translations aren't here.

I kind of understand that when exorcizamus tried to release his patch.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Rom hacking is (and always be) illegal, like cracks, warez etc.
If you mean to a translation guide or something, then that is legal, because you created it.

Rom hacking itself isn't illegal.
http://romhack.wikia.com/wiki/Legality_of_ROM_hacking

You can't really call them legal or not, hence why I said they were a grey area. It's pretty easy to turn that into downright illegal though, which is what keeps being discussed here.

Most of the translators I know, own the game they're translating and translate the game so that other people can enjoy it as well.
I don't live in a rich country, I don't have a job, most of the money I earn from doing odd jobs here and there (fixing stuff, washing stuff, etc etc) goes to take care of my grandparents, but I still manage to save up a bit every time to buy games (because I love playing games), but that's that and I don't really care if people want to buy or to simply pirate. What bothers me is how people seem to feel entitled to something. If people want to play a game so bad, play it as it is. Hassling the people who worked on something out of their own free will, is just being rude and an ingrate.

I was quite fond of Crimson Nocturnal, a fan translation group (I used to frequent the forum and chat and they were pretty cool guys too), due to people being so annoying, complaining about this and that, they just quit and gave up on all of their projects. Bothering people who work on these translations out of their free will, will never turn out well.
They are people and they all have different personalities and levels of patience.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow wow Hold your horses my friend. Don't get angry like that.

People like myself, "were"(past) waiting for a translation because of the popularity of the anime, and because of the ppsspp emulator.

Not every person in this world lives in first world countries like you. So please stop saying you can buy the games or consoles.
You do have a point. However it is also my choice as a person to believe in my standard and translating something that is already translated is the barrier I've set to myself.
However, I'm not the only one in the "team" if the others thinks we should make it, then why not I will help but I'll never start it again myself. There's already lots of other games to do !

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You do have a point. However it is also my choice as a person to believe in my standard and translating something that is already translated is the barrier I've set to myself.
However, I'm not the only one in the "team" if the others thinks we should make it, then why not I will help but I'll never start it again myself. There's already lots of other games to do !

Like Summon Night 4, amirite?:yaypsp:

ontopic: hope someone can picks it up again, I guess. Either that, or wait for a Vita emulator, :P

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say ''shitty'' are you referring to the translation? Is the official translation that bad?

Reiten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wouldn't exactly call it "shitty", but have to agree with StoryMyu that there was quite a lot that could have been done better with the translation.

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't exactly call it "shitty", but have to agree with StoryMyu that there was quite a lot that could have been done better with the translation.
From what I've seen and heard, basically this. The translation is passable, its better than a run through google translate but it doesn't really take into account the different formats of our language compared to japanese. As such theres some oddities here and there, nothing that isnt playable and understandable, just things like the "penetrating" floors that got posted here alot, as opposed to "clearing" or "advancing".

Either that, or wait for a Vita emulator, :P
This is the desirable outcome for those of us who don't want to pay for a vita for a single game currently. However it is going to take a while yet, from what I've read Vita hacking is making progress but is still very much in its early days, only running homebrew in PSP Mode currently.

The discovery of PSP signing code from PS3 hacking no doubt sped up the process for PSP immensely. It could be a while until vita is hacked fully unless we have an event like that again. It may even be that Vita's become very cheap before that is possible, who knows. We just have to wait and see, and hope.

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In a lot of countries, getting a Vita has become pretty cheap thanks to the Playstation TV. The bundle was $50 in the US and $60 in Canada just recently and that included enough memory (8GB) to play SAO and also a controller. Made me pick up one. Not saying it's an option for everyone but it might be worth keeping your eyes open for deals on the PS TV model if you only want the Vita for one game. I think the Vita has been building a pretty decent-looking library so I'll get some more games too eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk