Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Basically, we put a hold when Hollow Fragment went west and we haven't resume (yet?)
in the meantime someone else did a "menu" translation (by the way even if WE want, we can't, I've messed up too much with the japanese encoding to be able to get more memory ingame so unless it's full english 50% of the japanese will be horrendous even if most of us can't read them I think it's not really nice)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I prefer seeing japanese than garbage when playing a game. even if I don't understand most of it, I can recognize some words and can find my way in the story.
it's better to release either a menu only, or 100%. I don't like multi-releases to satisfy users, there are always untranslated part and bugs.

Thefreeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did you guys finish making the while game into English or are you still working on it

Page 1:
The patch hasn't been released yet and this post will be updated when it has. Do not ask for a release date, you will be ignored and possibly trolled. This also applies to partial/menu patches.

Last news about the translation:
Page 57:
Sporky McForkinspoon said:
Not at present. Most of our members are busy with other projects, and with Hollow Fragment out, we haven't decided whether or not to resume work on it.

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe someone has heard something about exorcizamus on some other site? Or is he just missing due to holidays? I am really interested how far he has gotten.

Hamsiu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As we all are, I'm sure. Still. it's nice to see some progress made since last time I've browsed these forums (and that was a long time ago). I'm perfectly fine with English, but as you all can see by the flag under my username Japanese is waaay out of my reach ;p. But I'm hoping that at some point in the future we will see a breakthrough in the translation development, so we could all enjoy our game with translated story.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got the Vita version of the game last month and it's not as bad as some make make it seem.
Sure, the translation has it's "awkward" moments, but it's nothing new for anime fans, it's basically just a literal translation (plus, there's all the nice, free, DLC and the update patch adds even more content).

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, we put a hold when Hollow Fragment went west and we haven't resume (yet?)
in the meantime someone else did a "menu" translation (by the way even if WE want, we can't, I've messed up too much with the japanese encoding to be able to get more memory ingame so unless it's full english 50% of the japanese will be horrendous even if most of us can't read them I think it's not really nice)

I know jack diddly about programming and hacking, but as a suggestion, what about translating the script up to about floor 80 as a partial patch? There are differences in the way some events play out (probably because the developers assumed the people playing Hollow Fragment had already played Infinity Moment, and didn't want to deal with some of the....character gaining story sequences again. I'm told that by Floor 80, the two games become the same.

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know jack diddly about programming and hacking, but as a suggestion, what about translating the script up to about floor 80 as a partial patch? There are differences in the way some events play out (probably because the developers assumed the people playing Hollow Fragment had already played Infinity Moment, and didn't want to deal with some of the....character gaining story sequences again. I'm told that by Floor 80, the two games become the same.

The problem here is that as I believe StorMyu said previously (could be another member of the team, correct me if im wrong) in order to make english display properly, unlike the exorcizamus patch which used shortform to match the game's own word splitting, theyve heavily modified how the game displays text. For that reason, if they released a partial patch the english would display correctly but any Japanese text would be horrifically broken and just completely unusable.

Its a case of menu patch or wait for a possible full release really (whether from this team or another), that or fork out for a vita which I'm keeping an eye on sales/preowned for, not gonna pay full vita price for 1 game especially with sony charging snake oil prices for memory cards again.

Edit: Right at the top of this page actually
I've messed up too much with the japanese encoding to be able to get more memory ingame so unless it's full english 50% of the japanese will be horrendous even if most of us can't read them I think it's not really nice)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1