Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Xnife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to thank you. From what i have seen, id rather the translation takes months and be good then faster and sloppier. I'm sure storMyu and his crew will do a great job! :) I actually own this game legally :) Also, have a nice vacation.

YamiNekono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks guys for working on this project. :yay: (I might die of happiness at this rate...)
Sorry I'm not good in japanese, and in engineering. But if there is a way I can help, don't hesitate to ask :yaypsp:

@Stormyu :
Do you think there's also a possibility of having a French translation ? (Personally, English is fine for me, but not for most of the French who take this game ^^' )

Reactions: Kazuto-ZA-

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to sleep and just sent Stormyu the menu scripted ended up translating this.

......Good-bye, Kirito. It was really fortunate of me to have met you and to have been with you. Thank you. Good Bye.

Manly tears were shed. That was such a sad episode.

Uzowa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, found everything actually.

Ahhh so many different filesystem... but just some example:

Edit: Actually translated some stuff but can't test it yet since I'm on holiday and haven't bring my PSP with me (and JPCSP / PPSSPP can't launch the game...)

But heh, at least I have most of the stuff.

I found the same as above while digging around, but I am pretty sure all the stuff in "common/msg" is strictly non-voiced dialogue. I was able to extract and convert all of the voice audio, which I think will help with a proper translation, but still haven't found the associated text. I think it's in "common/script/script" but not entirely sure... if it is, it's either encrypted/compressed and/or going to need a table file.

For those that were wondering, a lot of the interface is already in English, including the menu. The only thing UI-wise that isn't really translated is the skill and item names. It feels like a waste if there isn't an official translation, but you never know. ._. I also extracted all the FMVs (which I uploaded here for your viewing pleasure), which should be very easy to hard-sub and re-insert (it's just H.264 in a proprietary container).

Reactions: StorMyu

Xnife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very interested in the Japanese culture and language i had started learning Japanese a few months ago and some tips would be very helpful :) but, i also have a CF installed on my psp so I can also test the patch if needed or anything else.

Anjaylo

Trophies
XP
Country
i would like to help! but i dont know what to do!

does anyone here who's willing to teach how to translate Japanese to English? im willing to learn and im willing to help.

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like to help! but i dont know what to do!

does anyone here who's willing to teach how to translate Japanese to English? im willing to learn and im willing to help.

well first step is knowing how to read japanese and knowing what they mean is a start

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found the same as above while digging around, but I am pretty sure all the stuff in "common/msg" is strictly non-voiced dialogue. I was able to extract and convert all of the voice audio, which I think will help with a proper translation, but still haven't found the associated text. I think it's in "common/script/script" but not entirely sure... if it is, it's either encrypted/compressed and/or going to need a table file.

For those that were wondering, a lot of the interface is already in English, including the menu. The only thing UI-wise that isn't really translated is the skill and item names. It feels like a waste if there isn't an official translation, but you never know. ._. I also extracted all the FMVs (which I uploaded here for your viewing pleasure), which should be very easy to hard-sub and re-insert (it's just H.264 in a proprietary container).
the common/script/script just uses a different encoding, and it's also not uncommon to find different encoding right next to another in some of those files (which is a freakin mess if you ask me...)
And it's the only thing I haven't looked much yet. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

Nice on the FMV btw, even if some of your video already got deleted... (ah I really hate talking about copyright lol)
Also, I don't especially like hard-sub but since I don't have much time to work on the psmfplayer.prx I could with that if you have any experience in hard sub, feel free to tell me ^^

Anjaylo

Trophies
XP
Country
well first step is knowing how to read japanese and knowing what they mean is a start

we had a Foreign Language Class which is Japanese subject and i only learned adjectives, nouns and pronouns! but my professor didn't thought us how to write japanese!

so this means i gotta study on my own! to be able to learn japanese writings?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
@StorMyu
Can you tell me what program can I use to extract or see the script files/dialogue files.

A good old hex editor (of course you change the encoding or use relative search as needed, or if everything else fails, figure out the compression from ASM with debug emulators) and some general-purpose tools like UMDGen to extract PSP files more easily.
Any other game-specific "program" or "tool" just automates the process for practical purposes.
Graphics and especially videos/sound are another story though (even though it all comes back to hex editors)...
Heard the PSP games often (but not always!) use a similar graphical format, but I'm not really versed in the subject to say more... aside from managing to view Nayuta no Kiseki fonts with Tilemolester (with CUE help :) )

Uzowa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@StorMyu
Can you tell me what program can I use to extract or see the script files/dialogue files.
Pretty much all the game resources are located in the INSTALL.DAT in the disc image... it's a CPK package with PSN encryption. I dunno what this forums rules is about decryption tools, but you can use QuickBMS and a CRI CPK script or utf_tab to unpack it after decryption. From there, we're just looking at the binary. The audio and video are simply proprietary formats (hca/adx/at3) in various containers, some of which were already pretty obvious from the CRI logo when starting the game lol.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Btw, apparently the game doesn't accept the CPK if it's not encrypted back into a .pgd (and that's only a theory) which means, I'm so screwed right now...
Yeah it's only for PSP
The emulators doesn't care but they can't make it work yet so no way of testing for now. And since no one took care of crypting back into .PGD
It's going to take a while...

In the meantime, the skills were pretty crazy to extract:
Just to show some of the "english" names:
Code:
Double Circular
End Revolver
Countless Spike
Locus Hexedra
Depth Impact
Dead Intersection
Shine Circular
Crimson Splash
Rushing Beat
Inferno Raid
Star Burst Stream
The Eclipse
Sonic Leap
Sonic Leap
Vorpal Strike
Vorpal Strike
Rage Spike
Rage Spike
Slant
Slant
Horizontal
Horizontal
Vertical
Vertical
Star Quint Prominence
Star Quint Prominence
Horizontal Square
Horizontal Square
Vertical Square
Vertical Square
Meteor Break
Meteor Break
Sharp Nail
Sharp Nail
Phantom Rave
Phantom Rave
Aerial Stub
Aerial Stub
Vorpal Strike
Linear
Linear
Streak
Streak
Above
Above
Over Radiation
Over Radiation
Rip Ravine
Rip Ravine
Rip End
Rip End
Sweep
Sweep
Accel Stub
Accel Stub
Penetrate
Penetrate
Marshal Fence
Marshal Fence
Delta Attack
Delta Attack
Flashing Penetrater
Flashing Penetrater
Star Sprash
Star Sprash
Armor Pierce
Armor Pierce
Side Bite
Side Bite
Round Accel
Round Accel
Cross Edge
Cross Edge
Rapid Bite
Rapid Bite
Tri Pierce
Tri Pierce
Fad Edge
Fad Edge
Infinite
Infinite
Shadow Stitch
Shadow Stitch
Variant Combo
Variant Combo
Eternal Cyclone
Eternal Cyclone
Jet Triangle
Jet Triangle
Fell Crescent
Leaver
Farrant Fullmoon
Bear Knock
Bear Knock
Oval Crescent
Death Creep
Lasing Chopper
Melee Slash
Legion Destroyer
Tsumuji Guruma
Uki Fune
Hi Ougi
Tsuji Kaze
Gen Getsu
Wa Shu
Ra Setsu
San Ge
Tsuji Kaze
Avalanche
Blast
Tempest
Eruption
Scoopeed
Scoopeed
Lightning
Meteor Fall
Fight Blade
Calamity Disaster
Blust
Fight Blade
Whirl Wind
Grand Destruct
Smash
Lumber Jack
Ultimate Breaker
Crescent Avalanche
Crescent Avalanche
Crimson Blood
Trample Act
Dynamic Violence
Whirl Wind
Lumber Jack
Twin Thrust
Helical Twice
Sonic Charge
Fatal Thrust
Revolve Arts
Vent Forth
Dancing Spear
Dimension Stampede
Silent Blow
Silent Blow
Power Strike
Power Strike
Upper Swing
Upper Swing
Strike Heart
Strike Heart
Diastrophism
Diastrophism
Thrice Blow
Thrice Blow
Brutal Strike
Brutal Strike
Trinity Arts
Trinity Arts
Variable Blow
Variable Blow
Aim Shoot
Hale Bullet
Arrows Dance
Time Of Snap
Target Weak
Million Howling
Brandish Fire
Phoenix Rize
Divine Cross
Matrix Submerge
Unicorn Charge
Dominion Bless
Guardian Of Honor
Divine Assault
Gospel Square
Advent Valkyrie
Physical Creed
Akashic Armageddon
Jihad Menace
Exact Onslaught
Exact Onslaught
Tactical Bash
Skill Link
Skill Link
Skill Link
Skill Link
Skill Link
Skill Link
Skill Link
Skill Link
Divine Guardian
Divine Guardian
Head Hammer
Raise Horn
Shield Bash
Poison Blow
Scorpion Impact
Palys Shower
Death Needle
Needle Dance
Kumo no Ito
Tarantu Impact
Neneki
Slime Impact
Acid Break
Ant Impact
Acid Down
Sand Smoke
Dragon Breath
Kamichigiru
Poison Net
Twine Net
Sharp Spear
Poison Mist
Cursed Zephyr
Howling Breath
Stan Blow
Vanish Burst
Stan Quake
Cyclone Cannon
Demonic Claw
Striker Burst
Bloody Rush
Evil Collider
Jyagan Kaihou
Vanishing Hollow
Bluster Hollow
Triple Breath
Deadly Bite
Spike Flail
Hydra Blast
Dancing Burst
Sword Impact
Zetubou no Kaihou
Shi no Senrei
Scythe Spin
Badly Eye
Hells Eye
Paralyze Saliva
Slip Blow
Poison Blow
Cruel Storm
Tail Hazard
Trinity Crisis
Death Cyclone
The Darkness
Omega Cannon
Trinity Fall
Poison Cloud
Bugs Impact
Deep Kiss
Deep Scream
Jyagan Kaigan
Heavy Eater
Destiny Net
Night Requiem
Deadly Talon
Strike Loa
Crimson Flare
Super Nova
Hikari no Syuen
Dominion Hollow
Poison Lance
Scythe Tornado
Dying Quake
Typhoon Cannon
Acid Rain
Ant Dynamite
Acid Squall
Sand Storm
Kamikudaku
Dragon Flare
Poison Dense
Scissor Impulse
Death Slaughter
Weapon Net
Bloody Attack
Evil Laser
Boast Breath
Wind Blast
Typhoon Storm
Aero Dive
Forest Pike
Plant Juice
Fall Hazard
Suck Mind
Limit Liberalization
Acid Cloud

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Btw, apparently the game doesn't accept the CPK if it's not encrypted back into a .pgd (and that's only a theory) which means, I'm so screwed right now...
Yeah it's only for PSP
The emulators doesn't care but they can't make it work yet so no way of testing for now. And since no one took care of crypting back into .PGD
It's going to take a while...

Curious question, so the file is written as .cpk and then encrypted into a .pgd file?

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Curious question, so the file is written as .cpk and then encrypted into a .pgd file?
Exactly, like Shining Blade/Ark btw, but they seems to do fine when you just rename the CPK to INSTALL.DAT and it works fine, not Sword Art Online apparently ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?