Hardware Switch vs 3DS POLL

VOTE!

• The switch is a better portable and system. Good riddance to multiscreens!

Votes: 64 30.9%
  • The 3ds will always be the better portable, but not necessarily a better system

Votes: 118 57.0%
  • 3ds is better portable AND a better system overall.

Votes: 25 12.1%

• Total voters

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both systems where release at the same time.
Then id stright say the switch.

But since the 3ds has been out for awhile and already has a big list of games. Then the 3ds winds for games.

But the switch wins as a system and what is to come

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the 3DS. I dig the 3D, the games are 90% fantastic, its fun to homebrew for, it runs a good amount of emulators, it has two screens. The Switch is super cool. But not 3DS levels of cool IMO :yay3ds:

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have BOTH, and I have to say, it's that the 3DS it's far more portable (helped with a better battery life overall, no matter the game), and the Switch is an enginery marvel (pushing zelda for 2-3 hours with battery is no small task at all, so it's good news for less demanding games), so yeah, voted the second option. lucky for me, they both fit on my pockets (putting the joy-cons in another pocket, that is ;P )

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really like the Switch hardware but to me it's home console first, handheld second. The games are more geared towards home use, when you have more time to play, at least so far.
It's also not terribly portable. It's more portable than a laptop, but once you add the dock and a pouch, they're around on par.

I like the 3DS and it's a far more portable system, but it seems really dated now that the Switch is out with its amazing visuals (for a handheld console), and there's little doubt it will die a slow death and be replaced by the Switch.
Bottom line, the Switch has a lot more potential.

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the 3DS. I dig the 3D, the games are 90% fantastic, its fun to homebrew for, it runs a good amount of emulators, it has two screens. The Switch is super cool. But not 3DS levels of cool IMO :yay3ds:

no kidding...people are spending thousands to put together VR gaming rigs, I've been enjoying VR since virtual boy, now refined with 3ds! I love it, it doesn't get old at all and is very immersive. Only thing is I really miss rumble on my 3ds :(

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is better in terms of being portable; and allowing you to play some good games on the go. Especially Smash Bros. and a few other great titles. The 3DS in my opinion is better for a more casual experience, where you don't care too much about graphics, and you care mostly about having fun and portability. The Switch, is less portable, but still a great console. It has updated hardware, and a decent library thus far~ But nothing compared to the portability of the 3DS line up.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this even a fair comparison? A console with 1 game and has been out for a month vs a console that has been out since like 2011 and has a shit load of games

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
One big screen > two tiny ones. 720p > 240p. It's pretty simple. Playing portable Fast RMX on Switch is night and day visually from anything on 3DS, and it improves pixel games like Shovel Knight considerably as well. Obviously the library isn't massive a month after release, but as a portable Switch is definitely the superior device. Can't wait until Smash is TRULY playable on a portable.

Reactions: Xabring

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One big screen > two tiny ones. 720p > 240p. It's pretty simple. Playing portable Fast RMX on Switch is night and day visually from anything on 3DS, and it improves pixel games like Shovel Knight considerably as well. Obviously the library isn't massive a month after release, but as a portable Switch is definitely the superior device. Can't wait until Smash is TRULY playable on a portable.

uh it's called super smash bros. for nintendo 3ds, pal!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?