Gaming Switch System Seller being emulated already.

Still happy with purchase knowing the system seller is available free via emulation?

• Total voters

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cemu has made record time in emulation, it's easier than past projects and Switch will be even easier because Nintendo keeps putting out 5 year old hardware.

Switch being damn near a stock Nvidia shield will probably see record emulation, I am betting on playable titles/stable inside of two years.

Skip homebrew and cracking it, just skip to the emu.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
what one player achieved is not representative of what most will be able to achieve in this scenario. Further, we don't see all the failed takes, maybe he was at it for 8 hrs before he pulled it off, we don't know.

But having defeated gannon myself I have to say that the old maxim "it's not the destination, it's the journey" has never been more true.

What this "one player" did is show that it is indeed possible. No adventure game is easy to just pick up and beat in a small amount of time.. Everything takes practice.

Be honest.. If you just went and bought the console, and game today.. First time playing it, and found out you can beat the end boss within an hour of playing.. Would you regret the purchase?

Last edited by Kioku,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hang on, if you're point is that the world is so open world, then why not follow a guide that leads you through the most interesting parts of the lore? Hell, just follow the main story quests exclusively and only tackle the shrines that are literally in your path.

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What this "one player" did is show that it is indeed possible. No adventure game is easy to just pick up and beat in a small amount of time.. Everything takes practice.

Be honest.. If you just went and bought the console, and game today.. First time playing it, and found out you can beat the end boss within an hour of playing.. Would you regret the purchase?

it's possible to make a halfcourt shot in basketball as well. Is it a viable way to play the game? Is it even fun? No and no.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
it's possible to make a halfcourt shot in basketball as well. Is it a viable way to play the game? Is it even fun? No and no.
Now you're just spouting irrelevant nonsense.

Also, if you can make a half court shot? You'd be a viable player. So, nice logic there...

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you're just spouting irrelevant nonsense.

Also, if you can make a half court shot? You'd be a viable player. So, nice logic there...

You're the one that has failed to apply logic. You'd have to CONSISTENTLY make it at a reasonable percentage to be a useful player. And it's not irrelevant at all. Going after gannon with 3 hearts, just getting through the castle, plus beating gannon, it's a hail mary, it's a half court shot, whatever analogy you want to use. It's not very likely, and I doubt anyone has pulled it off without dying tons (which is just frustrating and not fun). Further beating the game in 10 or 20 mins defeats the purpose of playing it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cemu has made record time in emulation, it's easier than past projects and Switch will be even easier because Nintendo keeps putting out 5 year old hardware.

Switch being damn near a stock Nvidia shield will probably see record emulation, I am betting on playable titles/stable inside of two years.

Skip homebrew and cracking it, just skip to the emu.
Eh, I kinda doubt it. Switch is about twice as powerful as PS3/XB360, and even emulation for those isn't that great yet.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You're the one that has failed to apply logic. You'd have to CONSISTENTLY make it at a reasonable percentage to be a useful player. And it's not irrelevant at all. Going after gannon with 3 hearts, just getting through the castle, plus beating gannon, it's a hail mary, it's a half court shot, whatever analogy you want to use. It's not very likely, and I doubt anyone has pulled it off without dying tons (which is just frustrating and not fun). Further beating the game in 10 or 20 mins defeats the purpose of playing it.

Mate, if you were reading anything at all, you'd know why I posted that video.

Gamefreakjf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are those of you who purchased a Switch to play BOTW still satisfied with your purchase knowing this?
Yes because I was planning on buying one anyway because its appealing as a console and has other neat games on the way. Other people being able to play the game for free doesn't somehow discredit my fun and I'm happy to support a great game.

On top of having a $450+ game, you don't have the hacking advantages available to wii u/cemu users.
Its not like botw is the only switch game that will ever be released, it just happened to be an appealing enough game on a console I already wanted, and in a few weeks it won't even be the only first party title on it. What advantage could hacking even offer me?

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what one player achieved is not representative of what most will be able to achieve in this scenario. Further, we don't see all the failed takes, maybe he was at it for 8 hrs before he pulled it off, we don't know.
and? Is your argument that the level of skill required is too much? Personally, this kind of "choose your own difficulty" is a perfect fit for the style of play they pulled off.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people don't have a Wii U or Switch.
CEMU is emulating Zelda Breath of the wild.
The upcoming version that will be released to patreons tomorrow is said to fix the biggest issues with emulation.
Because CEMU is Wii U based, users have a greater number of tools to advantage them, such as this save game editor.

Are those of you who purchased a Switch to play BOTW still satisfied with your purchase knowing this?
On top of having a $450+ game, you don't have the hacking advantages available to wii u/cemu users.
A few things:
I like my Switch. I feel my money was well-spent.
I applaud the developers of CEMU for their work. It's nice to see those who can't get the game on console have the opportunity to play the game.
I am aware of the advantages that Wii U and CEMU users have. However, I would rather play the game legitimately.
That is all, carry on.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
as awesome as emulation it's still got years to go before it can play any title like native hardware. ps3/360 are like 11years old yet the emulation for them is no where near 100% perfect. switch emulation won't be good for another 6 years probably.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CEMU is forked from Dolphin. The Wii U is architecturally very similar to the Wii and Gamecube, so the CEMU developers are able to leverage a lot of the Dolphin developers hard work, while the Dolphin developers mostly had to work from scratch. It's not really fair to diss the Dolphin developer's hard work, as without all that hard work CEMU would not be what it is now. And Dolphin has 100% compatibility, which is quite an achievement.
If you can prove this, please do so and post your work. This would mean CEMU is violating the GNU GPL, and could result in all sorts of things like getting their Patreon pulled.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can prove this, please do so and post your work. This would mean CEMU is violating the GNU GPL, and could result in all sorts of things like getting their Patreon pulled.
Forked as in all the research the Dolphin team has done on the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U's AMD architecture can be analyzed to figure out how the Wii u works. The Wii U's CPU is basically three Broadway cores stitched together with a little bit of tweaking. Even if the CEMU developers didn't plagarize the Dolphin code, they can still reverse-engineer 90% of Espresso's functions by looking at Dolphin's source code or any schematics that team provided.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Meanwhile, CEMU devs swimming in all that patreon cash. Mmm, that $28K per month.
IKR idiots paying for an EMULATOR just so they can get the versions quicker which are buggy as fuck too. remember when emus were free on the wii and pc? lol patreon is just early access for warez it's practically destroyed sims 4 modding every greedy ***t wants $ now they won't just upload their mods anymore. you have to pay for mods, pay for early access, pay to play...this is how gaming has evolved it's just SAD corporate greed running the world. :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I couldn't care less honestly, I'm enjoying it. The fact that people are emulating it doesn't keep me up at night, nor does it affect my fun.
Save editing/hacking will come eventually to the Switch too, I can wait.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind paying for a game i enjoy. I pirated undertale when it came out, but ended up paying for it later because I enjoyed it. Plus if I really wanted to pirate botw (or any Wii u game) I would just get it on the Wii u itself. Frankly at this point anything that can be done on cemu can be done far better on the original hardware anyway. Cemu is really only for those who don't have a Wii u and don't mind the poor speed it plays at, let alone other things like parts of botw literally not working at all.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, with the Switch you will have a perfect gaming experience. With CEMU, even if they claim that they fixed the biggest issues, there will still be several nasty bugs and slowdowns. Sorry, I prefer perfect and stable gameplay to savegame editing but gamplay ridden with bugs and slowdowns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."