Switch shipped with Firmware 3.0.0 : which hardware issues solved and which still there (or new)?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by cloudfe, Nov 8, 2017.

1. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I was wondering what hardware problems are still there with the relatively recent batches of the console.

I remember reading about Joy-con synchronization issues with the first models, along with a "bending" dock.
    And most recently, battery issues fixed in 3.0.1.

Could you help me understand what is the situation with these new-ish versions of the Switch?

Thanks!

2. Jacobh

Jacobh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2005
    It's unclear if the bending dock issue was real, but I don't think there are any known hardware issues at this time. Obviously there is going to be normal variation and manufacturing issues (fans running full blast all the time, heat on some consoles, etc.).

3. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    Got it, thanks for replying :)

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    The consoles do bend slightly, hard to see but they do and mine has.. never docked it. It makes the screen in the right hand side pop out a little. If you run your finger over the side of the screen you can just feel it. When it’s warm you can press down slightly and it slots back down.

5. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium

Holy c**p, really?! Without even docking it?
    Is this a very-first-batch problem or it still persist?

6. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    That's called nintendo didn't use enough adhesive on that system. I use mine docked and undocked for 8+ hours with out it bending or anything.

7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Came on 2.x so I’m not sure. The screen on the right is held down with an adhesive tape so I suspect that’s th issue.. I will wait until the end of the 1 year gaurentee then get it sorted out. Doesn’t bother me.

8. guily6669

guily6669 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2013
    Maybe it's the battery swelling which is the most common thing on portable devices with low discharge rate batteries or defective ones.