• Likes 2

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Manuals aren't all about "how to play" for me, but something to read in antici...pation. Something to hype me up. Like an appetizer.

One game that really would have needed a printed manual though: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is they wont have any disc drives. Then it will get to the point that the console does not even work unless is connected online.... Specially when it will be a stream box.....

that wont work, remember when sony had tried this with the pspgo and it was a flop.

the system design was nice, but its lacking umd drive to play games was abysmal.

and this was a portable system in which games sat at a couple of gig max, to think this gen sits at 20+GB imagine what the next gen will be, it would not be a good move to have users sit and download a 20+GB game before they can play.

Especially if you have a shit ISP.... KINGSTON COMMUNICATIONS (KCOM) in my city are the only provider and they take the piss, cant even manage its advertised speeds a measly 15MBPS, im lucky to get 3MBPS.... my mobile provides faster speeds.

but KCOM do fuck all about it because theyre a shit company, have the monopoly and utter shit customer service.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Natural gas, petroleum, nuclear energy. These aren't renewable. Once used they're gone.
we have moved a lot since then and are (well nations are supposed to be) moving towards renewable energy sources.

makes me laugh because people bitch about the damage we are causing to the planet, cut down c02 bla blah, but these same people then bitch when wind turbines are to go up.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Manuals aren't all about "how to play" for me, but something to read in antici...pation. Something to hype me up. Like an appetizer.

One game that really would have needed a printed manual though: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Haha. Yes i agree with you here. Whenever i would receive a new video game late in the day. The first thing i would do i read the manual and the box art in order to learn more about the game. Sometimes i couldn't play the newly purchased game until the following day, so the manual was all i really had to anticipate my playing through of the game. Either ways bring manuals back!

WAIT....XBX diddnt have a manual? :wacko: Why? I assume your talking about the Physical release? if so it makes no sense as to why that game wouldn't have a manual. I mean i hear it is a huge game and i intend on picking it up when i get a Wii U eventually. But i am shocked that it supposedly diddnt have a manual.

Also did all wii u games not have manuals or was this just a one off? (i hope its the latter)

Actually hold on, the 3DS diddnt have manuals either. Why diddnt Nintendo or game companies include manuals with their games for the 3DS? I mean the 3DS was pretty darn successful!!:unsure:

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
remember when sony had tried this with the pspgo and it was a flop.
And now it's more of a hit than ever, thanks to widespread hacking doing away with the need to dump your own UMDs and the ability to set up the Go as a home console without being forced to go through a PS3 :)

The real issue of digital-only consoles isn't the lack of support to physical games itself; it "just" aggravates the problem of existing physical+digital platforms (aggressive drm, no way to install your physical games, ...)

I have 3 physical 3DS games which I never use, because I've copied them to the SD, combining the advantages of physical (free decentralized trade) with the advantages of digital (always with you, free replacement insurance, can change games in seconds) - and I think a decent number of modded 3DS/WiiU/PSP owners do the same

tl,dr the problem isn't with digital games, it's with anticonsumer implementations of those

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WAIT....XBX diddnt have a manual? :wacko: Why? I assume your talking about the Physical release? if so it makes no sense as to why that game wouldn't have a manual. I mean i hear it is a huge game and i intend on picking it up when i get a Wii U eventually. But i am shocked that it supposedly diddnt have a manual.
It's digital (on-console and as PDF from Nintendo, which of course you could print for more convenient reference since you're not going to learn to play a Xenoblade game by just reading a list of facts a few times with no practical experience :))

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd love to know the economics of a digital-only platform. It would seem to me that cutting out the cost of making and distributing physical carts would be quite a substantial saving, and therefore would allow a significant reduction in the price of game downloads. Not only that, it kills the second-hand market and gives them a larger portion of every sale. Sounds like a win/win to me, I don't undestand why it's taking forever to get there.
that console would go down hard, the thing is phisical media is not only for selling but for advertisment, wheny ou go into a store an d brwoser some games you sometimes buy a agme just becuase you saw it and had no idea it existed and looked fun, when games are digital only most people hardly know they exist, they ont have the advertisement of being on shelves and such and people dont tend to go into e shop os psn network and randomly brwoser for a game they dont even know, no to mention we normal gamers are the minority, most gamers are casual and dont go around brwosing game news or the online stores and without the free advertisement of being on shelves gives the games sell like crap usualy.

A fully digital console woud not get the shelf promotion why would they ship empty boxes with download codes for all games it would be a waste of money and people would buy on the e shop instead of getting an empty box on a random store lol which would be useless.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there will be digital only consoles. it may not be the next gen but it will be here. Gamestop even knows this. Have yall noticed that half the store is action figures and game memorabilia? thats because the used game marked is not what it used to be. more and more are getting the games digitally. that destroys the purpose of game stores like gamestop. They are supplementing their profits my selling other stuff besides games.

and the whole power discussion ends with the only power generation that is truly green. and thats is Nuclear Fusion. It uses hydrogen to produce helium and a neutron. There is not radioactive waste and it cant meltdown.
The jack ass green energy noobs never talk about fusion power. The fuel for fusion reactors can be found in the ocean and space and normal fission reactors produce heavy water that has the hydrogen needed for fusion......

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and the whole power discussion ends with the only power generation that is truly green. and thats is Nuclear Fusion. It uses hydrogen to produce helium and a neutron. There is not radioactive waste and it cant meltdown.
The jack ass green energy noobs never talk about fusion power. The fuel for fusion reactors can be found in the ocean and space and normal fission reactors produce heavy water that has the hydrogen needed for fusion......
There is literally no need for fusion power when we can generate an abundance of electricity using using solar panels, wind turbines, and hydroelectric dams/plants. None of these produce any sort of pollution.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manuals were always useless being that games were never really too hard to figure out. I think developers should have changed manuals to mini art booklets because who didn't love the extra art and story in the original Zelda manual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious