Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could it theoretically be possible to perform a jpg-exploit by attempting to open a modified .jpg with the built in image viewer?
Just tried replacing a screenshot with an image of the same dimensions and file name and it comes up as 'The data could not be displayed.' Also I can't edit/post it anywhere so perhaps that's out of the question.

Decooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about using the method in this post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356339

To navigate to a custom website that enables homebrew, similar to how browserhax on 3DS worked?

Obviously someone will have to discover an exploit and figure out how to code one into a website but at least we have a way to navigate to any website "natively" on early firmware (works on 2.0.0 and 2.1.0)

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried replacing a screenshot with an image of the same dimensions and file name and it comes up as 'The data could not be displayed.' Also I can't edit/post it anywhere so perhaps that's out of the question.
Maybe we can get matching checksums

ThaManWithTheHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just curious, any way to strictly update to 2.0 from 1.0, instead of 2.1?
Sadly there is no way to not get 2.1 when updating, but the homebrewing for switch is kinda early. I would recommend to still update from 1.0 to 2.1 as it will ad some great features and hopefully the amazing modders on switch hacking forums will find an exploit later on to get homebrew other ways.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly there is no way to not get 2.1 when updating, but the homebrewing for switch is kinda early. I would recommend to still update from 1.0 to 2.1 as it will ad some great features and hopefully the amazing modders on switch hacking forums will find an exploit later on to get homebrew other ways.
eh, well too late already. I'll just have to put a sign on it for the future saying "do not system update"

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This, homebrew likely isn't going to happen for a year at best. A couple at worst and it's not going to be anywhere near 3DS-tier for a long time. You may as well update now, even if you miss out on an exploit the console being open to others is going to speed up the process of finding other entrypoints for later firmwares.

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm about to get my Switch and I was wondering..
How do I update to 2.0 (considering that 2.1 is already there, if I update normally, I would be at 2.1)

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to get my Switch and I was wondering..
How do I update to 2.0 (considering that 2.1 is already there, if I update normally, I would be at 2.1)
I don't think there is any way to currently choose specific updates. I believe some have tried but I haven't heard any updates on the matter.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Jesus just update already. Any exploit on 2.0 will most likely work on 2.X as well. That first "exploit" wasn't really anything useful for us peons anyway.

DD2XAlpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
honestly, theres nothing for the regular user yet, or even close.
Yes I know. I think nintendo is improving the web browser. Because they must know they have vulns because of the web-kit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And now 2.2.0 is out

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And even if homebrew is possible on the switch, it takes time to get some homebrew apps on it (like games, ftp, custom theme, emulators, etc)

ColdMind

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

I now have version 1.0.0 on my switch. (In this version there is no internet or anything useful) then I was thinking about updating the switch but I did not know if it was going to update to version 2.0.0 or some later. Anyone know? Thank you and sorry for my English.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I now have version 1.0.0 on my switch. (In this version there is no internet or anything useful) then I was thinking about updating the switch but I did not know if it was going to update to version 2.0.0 or some later. Anyone know? Thank you and sorry for my English.

2.0 was probably the best time for you to update. Does the webbrowser thing for logging into access point portals even exist on 1.0? If not your boned. Updating to 2.0 isn't possible now since a later version is now available. If you do a system update it will update to the latest available firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte