Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by EpicLPer, Mar 12, 2017.

1. SwitchNOW

SwitchNOW GBAtemp Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Italy
    via hack, will it be possible to enable external hard drives?

2. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
  3. machinoman

machinoman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    United States
    This is too vague. Is he talking about banks or is he talking about healthcare?

JoaoAlejandro likes this.
  4. TeamGameRevolution

TeamGameRevolution Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Germany
    Probably both

JoaoAlejandro likes this.
  5. Somario

Somario Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Italy
    Hello everyone!
    I was wondering what can we expect from homebrew in 2 year? (till 2019).
    Excluding game Switch argument, what kind of homebrew can be potentially developed?
    Maybe old games like Doom 1? Emulators of powerless console like 3DS or PS1? Web browser? Dual boot with Nvidia Shield OS or maybe a Linux release?
    Thank you all.

6. Edgy_Edge

Edgy_Edge Suspended

Suspended
    Apr 2, 2017
    Bahamas, The
    Are you kidding calling 3DS powerless and compare it to PS1? GTFO :gun:

7. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    That's outdated. Update your thread.

8. Somario

Somario Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Italy
    :-) you right! I mean console that are not powerful like Switch

9. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Rofl, I am not afraid, the hype is real, I am looking at GAME's main page now and let's look at the cost of things:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: £49.99
    L.A Noire: £44.99
    DOOM: £41.99
    Monopoly: £29.99
    Super Mario Odyssey: £54.95 (That's ALOT of money we're saving)
    Sonic Forces £35.99
    SnipperClips Plus - Cut it Out Together £24.99
    Just Dance 2018 - £44.99
    Fire Emblem Warriors - £39.99 // [Limited] - £49.99
    Ben 10 - £32.99
    Cartoon Network Battle Crashers - £29.99
    Batman: The Telltale Series - £34.99
    NBA 2K18 - £49.99 // [Legend Edition] - £79.99
    RiME - £32.99

That's ALOT of money, the truth is these games are overpriced, the team so far has done an amazing job of providing us with a means to get access to homebrew via v3.0 Switches! Things will only get better from here on in! That's atleast £563 being saved up right there, an unbelievably huge amount! The fact is games are way to overpriced these days and Nintendo is a VERY stingy, greedy company and the fact is this is price is even WORSE for those in Europe + It's black friday and it's terribly priced still! We are doing a top quality deal by getting many of these games for a "Nintendo Switch GBATemp Premium Deal" of £0, it's a bargain, ignore Prodeveloper's post :P

Hey Somario, in 2 months we'll probably see all the standard homebrew we saw from the Wii (Emuatlors, Standard Apps, Some unique ones to Switch), If the Wii U had succeeded it would have had revolutionary homebrew :( We will hopefully have the ability to downgrade firmware (don't quote me), but it's possible, the big question is this:

Will we get to be able to Play online with a hacked switch, I know nintendo have online that you now have to pay for but still, Nintendo security is questionable!
    Regardless of whether we can play online or not with a hacked Switch in the future (I bet and hope we will be able to) it will be better to have a hacked switch over paying for online, the price to play online isn't high however will it really be worth it? I doubt that Nintendo's online will be that great considering past experiences + the low price! It's better to do the "Nintendo Switch GBATemp Premium Deal" which is an unbelievable steal and a fantastic option :)

Don Jon likes this.
  10. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico

Your signature tell me everything hahahah , and do you plan to get a 2 switch? one for gaming and other for hacks ,because you know only 3.0.0

11. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    I have one, as my sig states i'm on v2.1.0 and waiting for the hack, dunno if I can be bothered to hack for the homebrew

2017 was a great year for games so I can play Steam/Hacked 3DS/Hacked Wii/Wii U (Struggling to hack) in the meantime!

nashismo and Nezztor like this.
  12. nashismo

nashismo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2013
    Australia
    They say when you "go hack, you can't go back" :lol:

Totally understand you though. I am from southamerica so... do I need to say more? Also if I had a good job to begin with, I hardly live with the shitty money I get. I always say, if I had a job that would pay me the money americans earn, I would buy ALL my games.

Last edited by nashismo, Nov 27, 2017
  13. Digital_0xFF

Digital_0xFF Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2017
    Austria
    Wow you musst be a very nice person

14. nashismo

nashismo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2013
    Australia
    I really mean it. I still buy PC games whenever I can, but console games pricing is honestly ridiculous here, is like 80 dollars for a game. The wage here is like 400 dollars a month, so it is really not feasible.

I like to buy indie games on PC though, games that are good and that I can afford, that I will always feel ashamed of pirating! I recommend these "amazing" PC games (this list has been made after months of reviewing each game and seeing hundreds if not thousand of reviews, and going through a pile of Indie crap):

Steredenn = Awesome shooter!
    Hyper Light Drifter = Amazing action game, good atmosphere
    Axiom Verge = The greatest Metroid esque PC game
    Furi = REALLY amazing 3D action game, awesome atmosphere! NO WORDS
    Slain = Wonderfully crafted beautiful 2D action/platformer, with Metal Head style!
    Volgarr the Viking = Like Slain, heavy metal inspired, beautiful 2d art! Hard as hell though! But woth it!

15. lettuce

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2006
    So just got my switch today, should i be updating my switch as its asking me to?

16. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    No, you should take it outside and throw it on the ground.

17. Shannon Maloney

Shannon Maloney Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2013
    Australia

DON'T BE A DICK

18. JoFelix

JoFelix Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Germany
    Squittgart
    Depends on which version it's on. If it's above 3.0.0, you lose the epic bug(TM), might as well just update, it gives you all sorts of cool new functionality.
    If you're on 3.0.0, stay there for the epic homebrew(TM) that is gonna come eventually.
    If you're below 3.0.0, buy (or borrow) the physical version of Pokkén to update to 3.0.0 specifically.

19. lettuce

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2006
    Thanks. Im guessing as ill be on a lower FW i wont be able to access the eshop then?

20. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    No.

This is a logical fallacy and an example of cognitive dissonance, 'Sour Grapes' as it is commonly defined.

Your 'Premium Deal' will have a lot of caveats, but such a terrible mind-set is bound to come with its long share of conditions-may-apply *.