Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Updated the title of one section to "Current Userfriendly Exploits" now, just in case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's still an exploit though, hey @EpicLPer, if sufficient proof of it being an actual exploit is shown will you add it to the thread?
Maybe. So far I haven't seen much proof, that said I edited it to "Userfriendly" now.

Reactions: ehnoah and iAqua

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
D

Deleted User

Like in the "old Wii U days" where we had an active and ever so blooming thread with Homebrew, Discussion, Suggestions, Drama, Trolls and more I'd love to see something like this for the Switch again.
This is the reason for this thread. I'll try and update this post with useful information as much as I can and you guys can help doing so! If something new arises from the hacking community simply post it in here and, if possible, mention me so I'll see it instantly. I can then easily update this post to reflect the newest and hottest Switch news.
Of course, inspired by @filfat and a huge thanks for the Wii U thread he made which sadly over the past few months went more and more inactive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful Links
Tools By The Community
Current Userfriendly Exploits
  • None
It would be nice if you weren't biased and would update you OP with newer tools by the community and not discredit other's work. The DNS Redirect is not the same as ProxSwitch at all and ProxSwitch is for windows only and is not the same as DNS Redirect. If you're going to have a thread like this its going to need to be as updated'/informative as possible. Being biased/undetailed and not updating it wont help anyone and will just cause someone else to make an alternate thread..

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think smea himself got a Switch.

Anyway, how would people begin tinkering with the software? Would people just try to throw "viruses" at it?

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think smea himself got a Switch.

Anyway, how would people begin tinkering with the software? Would people just try to throw "viruses" at it?

You can't just "throw a virus" at something, whatever that means. For the record, a virus is just a program, just like anything else on a computer. And to answer your question, they reverse engineer the code of the switch.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
It would be nice if you weren't biased and would update you OP with newer tools by the community and not discredit other's work. The DNS Redirect is not the same as ProxSwitch at all and ProxSwitch is for windows only and is not the same as DNS Redirect. If you're going to have a thread like this its going to need to be as updated'/informative as possible. Being biased/undetailed and not updating it wont help anyone and will just cause someone else to make an alternate thread..
Added now. I may overreacted a bit, sorry for that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't wait smea to start trough. Next week we may have the Bypass we need to get Emulators.
As long as Smea won't be "his old self" again and keeps the exploits for his own entertainment to show off. He did that with the Wii U IOSU exploit way before anyone else had it.
I really hope he changed since then...

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still think about buying a Switch now. But not sure where a 2.0 exploit can lead us, since we need spoof Firmware etc. and this take ages.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Looks like the Switch uses eFuses or something similar:
IMG_0290.jpg

Edit: In case you want to join the discord:http://discord.gg/C29hYvh

Last edited by lefthandsword,
Reactions: Selver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum