Gaming Switch getting good third party support

s0ula55a551n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
guess still gutted about Wii U, could have been so much more. Calling it Wii was Nintendo's biggest mistake. Its a great machine, if underpowered.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far i'm not convinced, I am a little but not much, I mean better than wii u but not better than wii. I'm expecting to see BRAND NEW EXCLUSIVE GAMES for switch, not just ports. I like nintendo as much as the next person, but they can't mess up again or is just a bad reputation for them like they did already a few times.

We spend too much money on these games and systems to play it on only to be underwhelmed by what they market. Okay is nice that there is more games on switch now, but most games are ports of games that already exist. No I'm not saying is bad by any means, ports are always good but depends on the situation. You create a new system and because no one has enough NEW games ready, results in going to companies to ask for ports of their games to the system. The switch release was horrendous, I only have 5 games on nintendo switch, one which I didn't need to buy cause I own on wii u, but did anyway cause what else was I gonna play. It was only Blaster master zero, Breath of the wild or Shovel Knight Treasure trove. (Did I mention all the switch does is play games? WII u and even wii had more functions than just play games)

Then we get games like Ultra street fighter 2, a game which I always liked but $39.99 A 20 year old game with another update and is that much. Puyo Puyo tetris has been out for long time, why wait until switch come out to finally localize the game when they had in in japan on 3DS and wii u, and playstation vita, $39.99 for retail and $29.99 for digital. That I don't even understand.

Just saying, I buy a new console and want new games. Not have ports shoved on it as the first set of games for the year is released. If that was the case, why not find a way to make it backwards compatible for the time being until you do make more games, and if you do ports, make it worth buying and at reduced price like $40, if you making a $60 port, there better be a good reason to have that price of a common retail game not just some small changes you could have made before the port, not use cause is Higher Definition and better framerate as excuse for higher price, you made it the same. Whatever, people probably sick of me complaining anyway so I'll just go back to bed now. :ph34r:

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
guess still gutted about Wii U, could have been so much more. Calling it Wii was Nintendo's biggest mistake. Its a great machine, if underpowered.
The marketing was abysmall and they didn't deliver the message that it was a new console rather than an addon. Take the Wii Balance Board as a prime example

Reactions: s0ula55a551n

s0ula55a551n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The marketing was abysmall and they didn't deliver the message that it was a new console rather than an addon. Take the Wii Balance Board as a prime example

Exactly when i first got it it was several weeks before the wife asked what the extra black box was under the telly. Cause she, like most people,thought the controller was an add-on for the wii.

The argument I had with people about the switch is that nobody will just own a switch and not a PS4 and Xbox as well, or very few, so why would you buy a game on switch rather than xbox or ps4 and have less people to play against etc. So it has to have originals, big studios won't do that, not enough ROI. So that just leaves first party games, yes nintendo make some of the best games, but then its just another round of Zelda, smash bros, mario, mario kart and possibly things like fire emblem Not enough to sustain

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm expecting to see BRAND NEW EXCLUSIVE GAMES for switch, not just ports.
So you mean like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids, ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Metroid Prime 4, and Pokemon Switch? Those types of games? If you're demanding third-party exclusivity, it rarely happens with any console now. Pretty much everything comes to PC since that market started booming.

Last edited by Xzi,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you mean like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids, ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Metroid Prime 4, and Pokemon Switch? Those types of games? If you're demanding third-party exclusivity, it rarely happens with any console now. Pretty much everything comes to PC since that market started booming.
Yeah, like that stuff, but like also a new capcom exclusive game, Namco Exclusive game, Sega game. You know like bayonetta 2, for wii u, exclusive. Probably why most people bought a wii u. So far I don't see people convincing me that third party support is committed cause most of what is shown is something not new. Yes they announced new games (mostly by nintendo) but I just hope to see more. Arms is hard to impress people with but I think they didn't do it right, they should least had more characters, or game modes and show off more cool stuff. But the whole game looks like a esports stunt mixed to keep casual appeal. Is not perfect but is working a bit. The octopath traveler game also is nice addition. But then you got games like Inti creates that are making games for switch that are new. I know more original ideas for games is coming but it just feel like the switch could have waited until there was a lot more to choose from than what was available march 3rd.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like that stuff, but like also a new capcom exclusive game, Namco Exclusive game, Sega game. You know like bayonetta 2, for wii u, exclusive. Probably why most people bought a wii u. So far I don't see people convincing me that third party support is committed cause most of what is shown is something not new. Yes they announced new games (mostly by nintendo) but I just hope to see more. Arms is hard to impress people with but I think they didn't do it right, they should least had more characters, or game modes and show off more cool stuff. But the whole game looks like a esports stunt mixed to keep casual appeal. Is not perfect but is working a bit. The octopath traveler game also is nice addition. But then you got games like Inti creates that are making games for switch that are new. I know more original ideas for games is coming but it just feel like the switch could have waited until there was a lot more to choose from than what was available march 3rd.
Ehh, PS4 launch and 3DS launch were certainly no better. Systems don't just start off with a huge library of great games.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have to do anything to because people acting like 12 year olds want pretend last gen bargain bin titles are current triple A titles, they aren't.
1. doom actually sold well
2. you can't call a game(the new unreleased wolfenstein) bargain bin when it hasn't released, how would it be there before it's out
3. "pretending it's last gen" how, they were or are to release on the current gen of consoles, heck wolfenstein isn't even out yet, how the hell would it be last gen

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
nobody will just own a switch and not a PS4 and Xbox as well
I think you are wrong there. I know quite a few people that have only a PC and a Switch. PC for when you want to be tethered to a screen at home - you might as well have good graphics. PS4/Xbox can't compete there. Add a Switch to game on the go. Again, PS4/Xbox can't compete there.

The watered down version of PC games and lack of portability make the PS4/Xbox seem like a waste of money.

Reactions: Xabring and Xzi

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are wrong there. I know quite a few people that have only a PC and a Switch. PC for when you want to be tethered to a screen at home - you might as well have good graphics. PS4/Xbox can't compete there. Add a Switch to game on the go. Again, PS4/Xbox can't compete there.

The watered down version of PC games and lack of portability make the PS4/Xbox seem like a waste of money.
I am such person
list of devices:
Switch
pc
wii
2ds
7inch galaxy tab 4 SM-T230NU
shit, that's about it besides a ds, I do wana get a vita or ps4 for sao and miku games

Reactions: jpx86 and Xabring

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So the gimped ports of third party ps4 games, and lackluster game library is the solution?
If they really wanted something on the go then they would get a windows tablet and stream from their pc or just get a gaming laptop.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If they really wanted something on the go then they would get a windows tablet and stream from their pc or just get a gaming laptop.
Touchscreen controls suck for gaming, most tablets are bigger than Switch, and gaming laptops cost closer to $1000 than $300. Just recently I had all three: Switch, tablet with keyboard, and GPD Win, and Switch is the undisputed champion of portable gaming among them. Among all devices right now really. Vita didn't quite get the graphics right, and 3DS didn't quite get the controllers right, but Switch fixes both of these things.

Last edited by Xzi,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the gimped ports of third party ps4 games, and lackluster game library is the solution?
Several things wrong with your post. Firstly, a decent gaming pc to stream the games from will definitely cost more than a switch. Second, to stream games to a tablet you need a good internet connection on both ends, while the switch will always work even when not connected to a network. And for the gaming laptop its the same cost argument made with the gaming pc. If you want untethered portable gaming, the switch will win for what it can do for the price.

Reactions: jt_1258 and Xabring

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several things wrong with your post. Firstly, a decent gaming pc to stream the games from will definitely cost more than a switch. Second, to stream games to a tablet you need a good internet connection on both ends, while the switch will always work even when not connected to a network. And for the gaming laptop its the same cost argument made with the gaming pc. If you want untethered portable gaming, the switch will win for what it can do for the price.
it is quite nice being able to bring it on road trips, though I do bring a tablet for emulators along 2 but it's of a quite similar size so it just slips right in next to my switch in my pocket

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when people act all high and mighty like there system had a godly amazing and vast library out the gate when all systems go through the initial time of launch of needing to fill out there game list

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
doom 4 is not only going to play like shit on the switch but have you actually seen it? it's a fucking fps on rails practically! absolute garbage doom died after doom 2.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment