Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW700079XXXXX
Region: USA, NY
Firmware: 3.0.0
System Color: Neon
Was a bundle: No
Store: Best Buy
Date of Purchase: Oct 12, 2017

Question: What precautions should I take to prevent any accidental updates from happening? And is it okay to just leave it in the box and let it collect dust, or is that unhealthy for the hardware, battery, etc.? I booted it up to confirm the firmware, set it to airplane mode, powered it off completely and then packed it back up - is this okay to do, or are there any other settings I should tweak? I've never had the luxury of getting to own a backup console until now, so just to make sure I handle it accordingly.

Thanks!

Reactions: DarthDub

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question: What precautions should I take to prevent any accidental updates from happening? And is it okay to just leave it in the box and let it collect dust, or is that unhealthy for the hardware, battery, etc.? I booted it up to confirm the firmware, set it to airplane mode, powered it off completely and then packed it back up - is this okay to do, or are there any other settings I should tweak? I've never had the luxury of getting to own a backup console until now, so just to make sure I handle it accordingly.

Thanks!
DNS, same as Wii U/3DS

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noted. Thanks a bunch!
And the battery will lose charge either way, causing you to charge it, causing the little damage it does. As far as battery healthiness goes, it is actually better to keep it in the box. The more you charge a battery, the lower its capacity gets. Don't let a device's battery go very low all the time, because when you charge it it will cause small, minute damage which in the long run will lower the capacity.

Reactions: Skelanimal
D

Deleted-355425

Thanks!

Just don’t have any WiFi set at all and keep plane mode on.

Reactions: Skelanimal

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don’t have any WiFi set at all and keep plane mode on.
Thanks for the info! Happy to hear that, because I was just browsing all of the DNS-related info and there seemed to be a plethora of addresses people were saying to have blocked. Prefer keeping it simple and lazy.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.. Someone have a brand new Nintendo Switch box in Europe and he said that this box was from June 2017.. What FW do you think it might be ?

D

Deleted-355425

Hey.. Someone have a brand new Nintendo Switch box in Europe and he said that this box was from June 2017.. What FW do you think it might be ?

Nintendo Switch – Ver. 2.3.0
  • Release date: May 15t

Nintendo Switch – Ver. 3.0.0
  • Release date: June 19th (North America), June 20th (Europe, Japan)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Switch – Ver. 2.3.0
  • Release date: May 15t

Nintendo Switch – Ver. 3.0.0
  • Release date: June 19th (North America), June 20th (Europe, Japan)

Seriously ? So I should buy June version ? For homebrew ? My roommate has one and I would like to have one for myself.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW100168XXXXX
Region: USA
Firmware: 1.0.0
System Color: Grey

Serial: XAW100027XXXXX
Region: USA
Firmware: 2.2.0

Really hate selling these to someone that is just going to update. Ugh

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Really hate selling these to someone that is just going to update. Ugh
To one of those
"you might as well just enjoy your switch broh :tpi:" a-holes. xD
If you plan on selling one, I suggest you wait it out until things catch up in the homebrew scene.
It won't be too long, perhaps end of year or Q1 of next one for <=3.0.0 users.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contemplating holding onto them as a gamble, but I've already got four units now and need to recoup money. Having a hard time passing up a deal when I see it.

To one of those
"you might as well just enjoy your switch broh :tpi:" a-holes. xD
If you plan on selling one, I suggest you wait it out until things catch up in the homebrew scene.
It won't be too long, perhaps end of year or Q1 of next one for <=3.0.0 users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool