Hacking Switch firmware 3.0.2 released.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This patch follows a recent white hat submission. They are bringing down an iron fist on any holes.

3.0.1 still has a chance. While the bug that was patched in 3.0.1 was definitely the biggest, there are many other bugs in 3.0.1, with people trying to develop bigger exploits for it

In general, I don't think it matters. 3.0.1 is a waste of time as most of the scene has already splintered on <3.0.0, where the scene will be, or over, where the scene won't be, as the tools and entryways won't be the same nor will it be anywhere as easy as <3.0.0.

The early exploit of smhax is going to pigeonhole the Switch into a PS3-like scene, and the white hat submissions will make anything after that a pointless pursuit as the number of compromised systems available will be difficult to track or even find, and no one will want to develop entirely new tools/points of entry on ever changing workings.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This patch follows a recent white hat submission. They are bringing down an iron fist on any holes.

In general, I don't think it matters. 3.0.1 is a waste of time as most of the scene has already splintered on <3.0.0 or over, as the tools and entryways won't be the same nor will it be anywhere as easy as <3.0.0.
Actually a lot of people still missed out because the warning didn't come out in time except for "do not update" the fact that 3.0.0 had a major exploit wasn't known until a few weeks after.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually a lot of people still missed out because the warning didn't come out in time except for "do not update" the fact that 3.0.0 had a major exploit wasn't known until a few weeks after.

But 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 will be very different, and, again, few will want to work on 3.0.1's bugs when they already have <3.0.0 access. Anything that comes from 3.0.1 will potentially be massively delayed if it ever materializes.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, people were saying not to update like... months prior.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you not read? i was talking about the warning for the exploit found in 3.0.0, people always tell you not to update but some will take that risk if nothing big is announced.
I do read. Don't be condescending. It's unbecoming. And dickish.

And yes, they said don't update to 3.01 and they gave the warning months previously, stating that they found something big in 3.00.

Reactions: kamekaz3
D

Deleted User

DAMMIT! I have no way to contact my friend right now and he is barrowing my switch! talk about poor timing

Reactions: PotatisKnug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all