Hacking Switch boot procedure is now documented in switchbrew, and it has downgrade protection with fuses.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens once all the fuses are burnt? or is there such a large number of fuses that its not the case? wondering if that kind of protection would fail if they ran out of fuses to burn.
If they burned all the efuses, then it would be possible to downgrade to whatever version was the one that burnt the last one (unless there's some other form of downgrade protection also in there). But there's likely a large enough number of those efuses for that not to happen. It's also possible that they'll only burn efuses for major software versions (1.0 -> 2.0 -> 3.0, etc).

Reactions: Deleted User

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they burned all the efuses, then it would be possible to downgrade to whatever version was the one that burnt the last one (unless there's some other form of downgrade protection also in there). But there's likely a large enough number of those efuses for that not to happen. It's also possible that they'll only burn efuses for major software versions (1.0 -> 2.0 -> 3.0, etc).
I think the last option you and i mentionned is the correct one
They surely burn a fuse only for major update such as 3.0 4.0 5.0 etc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They will probably burn a fuse when they fix a major entrypoint

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you guys will make a page on something like switch.guide where we will see to which firmware we can downgrade if the fact that they dont burn a fuse every single update is verified?
For exemple, telling us which was the latest update to burn a fuse compared to the fw version your switch is currently on

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back