Hacking Question Switch 4.0.1 Browser - Video Playback possible?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I've seen that you still can access the Browser on the latest Switch Firmware 4.0.1.
Is there something useful you can do with it?
Youtube does not work anymore it seems gives a 2809-1212 Error Code.
Is there any other way to play videos?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play HTML games, browse some sites, but I think the only way to play YouTube videos is to access the browser via the Facebook link method and not through the DNS change=>connection test registration method....thing...

Reactions: SkillingCat

stevjd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can play HTML games, browse some sites, but I think the only way to play YouTube videos is to access the browser via the Facebook link method and not through the DNS change=>connection test registration method....thing...

YouTube videos will not play on higher firmwares unfortunately. It doesn't matter what method you use. I believe it was patched in either 3.0.0 or 3.0.1.

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to use the FB link page in order to redirect the switch to your google + account, where you could have shared youtube videos that you can play this way, there are many videos on youtube that explain how to do so, and while this method is a bit complicated, it has the merit to work on 4.0.1.

Edit : Here's a link to a video that explains the method to follow :

Last edited by SkillingCat,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the FB link page in order to redirect the switch to your google + account, where you could have shared youtube videos that you can play this way, there are many videos on youtube that explain how to do so, and while this method is a bit complicated, it has the merit to work on 4.0.1.

Edit : Here's a link to a video that explains the method to follow :

i didn't know you could do that! i'm gonna have to try later

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually there is, but it only allows you to stream the video (there's no sound that outputs from the switch), and the framerate is not very good (You can play games like undertale pretty fine but forget about 3d fast-paced games). If you're still interested, you may want to check this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/remx-launcher.478573/
You'll need to use the dns method in order to use the web browser.

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually there is, but it only allows you to stream the video (there's no sound that outputs from the switch), and the framerate is not very good (You can play games like undertale pretty fine but forget about 3d fast-paced games). If you're still interested, you may want to check this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/remx-launcher.478573/
You'll need to use the dns method in order to use the web browser.
Thank you man, unfortunately the performance is just too bad.

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for Rainway to be released on Nintendo Switch, it will have a way better quality. Hopefully Nintendo won't reject the project..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs