OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
machomuu said:
WiiBricker said:
You better post the results at emu_kidids site. GBAtemp is not a gamecube site.
It's a game site, I say that's a viable excuse.

I'm basicly sayin that gbatemp has no gamecube section and swiss is a gamecube application. Therefore it should be obvious that posting test results on a gamecube site (especially if the site happens to be the home of the application and considering that the coder of the application doesnt visit gbatemp very often) is the better choice.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
machomuu said:
WiiBricker said:
You better post the results at emu_kidids site. GBAtemp is not a gamecube site.
It's a game site, I say that's a viable excuse.

I'm basicly sayin that gbatemp has no gamecube section and swiss is a gamecube application. Therefore it should be obvious that posting test results on a gamecube site (especially if the site happens to be the home of the application and considering that the coder of the application doesnt visit gbatemp very often) is the better choice.
I know, what you say is true, I just got a little defensive. Sorry
blush.gif

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A problem I already had with normal SD-Boot is still there:
When my Wii is set to 480p in the options, no PAL game will work.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't know there was an IDE-EXI adapter for hard drives. But I was wondering, should there also be an adapter to connect a USB hard drive to a Memory Card port, too? That should make things a LOT easier.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MushGuy said:
Wow, I didn't know there was an IDE-EXI adapter for hard drives. But I was wondering, should there also be an adapter to connect a USB hard drive to a Memory Card port, too? That should make things a LOT easier.

Not possible. Also EDI-EXI is sold out everywhere except europe.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
MushGuy said:

Not possible. Also EDI-EXI is sold out everywhere except europe.
This is what I found so far. I wonder if it's still in development.

Update: Look what I found! This may be a solution to connect an USB drive into an SD Gecko (yes, I know it uses microSD, but that can be taken care of easily).

[youtube]RFjILceH8do[/youtube]

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MushGuy said:
Update: Look what I found! This may be a solution to connect an USB drive into an SD Gecko (yes, I know it uses microSD, but that can be taken care of easily).
What do you mean, microSD? From what I can tell, the USB gecko has a regular SD card slot, and that mobidapter has a regular SD-ish male end as well.

EDIT: nevermind that remark...I was wrong: the mobidapter indeed has a microSD male end.

It's a nice workaround to make GC loading from USB possible...but I wonder if it's practical. I mean...won't the extra inbetween "station" cause extra slowdowns? (assuming it actually works, that is)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your first link is from an SD-gecko...don't have first-hand experience, but seeing from the reviews that sd-boot is supported (which is the predecessor of swiss), I'd say the chances are pretty darn high.

The other link is to an USB-gecko. It won't work for swiss, though I've read that might change in the future.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Am I missing something, as I can't get this to boot. Is there a specific way you tilt your head or something when booting? Is there a specific file structure required? I tried using the Swiss Booter but it just returns me to Wii menu

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
FIX94 said:
bazamuffin said:
Will give it a go later, I was using this info (translate from german which shouldn't affect paths/filenames)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...26prmd%3Divnsfd
As you can see I am german, so I have looked at the paths and yes, there are the same. Please try to boot the wii swiss booter v2:
http://gbatemp.net/t277350-wii-swiss-booter with the swiss.dol on your sd card root and it should works fine then.

Does it have to be at SD root, or can I put swiss.dol at USB root?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: