OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Mini-FAQ:

Stupid question: (by random user)
I have a HDD usb driver can I play games from there?
and is the programe ready to download?

Smart answer (by Wever)
As has been answered a gazillion times in this thread alone:
it cannot, and will never, load games from a USB hard disk. Only from an IDE one, provided you have a IDE-EXI cable (and these are pretty rare, though I think that if you look around on gc-forever you may find out what's needed to make your own). Or from an SD gecko.

And while in beta, it is released. Check out the downloads here. If you're running it from a wii, you'll also need swiss booter.
[/p]

Epic hacker and coder emu_kidid has just announced "Swiss", the long awaited successor of his awesome SD-Boot application.

QUOTE said:
I'm proud to finally announce the software that I've been developing on and off the past few months or so. I've labelled it "Swiss" because it'll hopefully (not initially) boast more features than any other homebrew Gamecube utility out there. It is very losely based on the SD-Boot source but about 90% was re-written :)

It will be 100% open sourced and available online (probably googlecode) so you can see changes as I make them and I'll be releasing binary versions with every new feature/improvement.

Current Features:
- Load DOL from SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Load GCM/ISO from Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Multi-Game DVD-R support (Cobra/GCOS)
- Multi-Disc support Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Disc Ripping to SD/SDHC/HDD
- Region free / Video forcing (480p)
- Full cheat engine for all games (update it via SD/SDHC/HDD)
*HDD features require a IDE-EXI or homemade adapter
**SD features require a SDGecko or homemade adapter

Definite future features (in order of priority):
- Memory Card Management
- USBGecko/SE support
- IPL/SRAM/DVD-ROM/RAM dumping
- IPL Configuration

A beta version will be available in the next two weeks :)

i42sk5.png

Source + further information + discussion

Reactions: _47iscool

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Finally gamecube usb loading? This sounds great! I hope this will work.
The older versions worked for many people, but I didn't have much luck with it, beyond Nintendo Puzzle Collection... But still, I have high hopes for this.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks pretty cool. I quite like this.

But now the question is, what is gonna be the best way to do things now?
Being that the hdd side of things will need to be done through an ide adapter. A lot of us will not be able to use our portable hard drives that we currently store our wii games on.

So the question is, do I get a second cheap caddy and cheap old laptop hdd to store literally just gamecube games on or do I keep them on my usual hdd and transfer just the one I want to play onto sd card each time and make an sd gecko?
Hmmm.

Tueidj: I'd imagine thats as he codes mainly for the GC, but in time I'm sure the feature will be added if it can be. Is it even possible though? I don't think it is, thats wii hardware, this can only access GC hardware

Reactions: 1 person

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Krestent said:
raulpica said:
Krestent said:
Where do we get an IDE-EXI?
IIRC, IDE-EXI only works on a real GameCube.

This seems to be developed as a native GC app, so don't expect USB loading to work for the Wii.
Shouldn't this app run if run in GC mode?
Sure, but it won't access the USB ports of the Wii.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
raulpica said:
Krestent said:
raulpica said:
Krestent said:
Where do we get an IDE-EXI?
IIRC, IDE-EXI only works on a real GameCube.

This seems to be developed as a native GC app, so don't expect USB loading to work for the Wii.

Shouldn't this app run if run in GC mode?
Sure, but it won't access the USB ports of the Wii.

Huh? USB ports have nothing to do with the IDE-EXI. The IDE-EXI adapter is just a memorycard replacement with a IDE port. You put your IDE HDD in that port and that's it.
And yes, this thing is a gc homebrew, which will work with cMIOS and WiiXplorer. It's fully compatible with the Wii.

@tueidj: When did emu_kidid promise support for front SD-Slot?

Here are the original announced features nearly a year ago: http://gbatemp.net/t209922-sd-boot-v1-0-co...t&p=2613571

SD-Boot 1.0 full features list revealed:

Boots:
Originals and backups from DVD
ISO from SD/SDHC (FAT16/FAT32 supported)
GCOS/Cobra Multi-Game compilations on DVD
DOL executables from SD/SDHC/DVD (ISO9660)
WODE ISO files from HDD/DVD (when running on a Wii)

Supports:
Multi-mode menu (PAL50/PAL60/NTSC/480p)
Video mode patching (PAL50/PAL60/NTSC/480p)
2 Disc Games (Original or backup from DVD only)
Disc ripping to SD/SDHC
Full cheats database support (SD/SDHC/DVD/WODE)
IPL configuring
Disc/ISO analysis

emu_kidid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gc-forever.com
XP
Country
Australia
tueidj said:
Gee I wonder what happened to the front SD slot support that was promised.

I never said I'd support the front-sd, apologies if it seemed like I would. There's a version of MIOS which was hacked to redirect the SDGecko calls to the Front SD slot that people were using which caused the confusion of "omg front-sd slot support".

The IDE-EXI can be home made but I'll be selling ready to go plug-and-play (into a memory card slot) manufactured devices (I only had 100 made).

Of course all of this still requires that you have some way of running code on your GC/Wii. Swiss will be open source, so if your setup/file isn't supported, you'll simply log an issue and it can be looked at in a timely manner.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi emu_kidid, well done on all you've done for the scene in this and other projects, you're the one who did wii64 right? Fair play mate, I love that emu.
Any chance you can post up any diagrams/schematics for the ide-exi and sd-gecko? I don't know where my soldering iron is now so I'll probably still end up buying em.

Also, what are the potential for future fixings etc in regard to things like the compatibility with games like eternal darkness and the audio sync thing? Or if the compatibility is a lot better now than on the sd-boot compatibility list I saw earlier? I'm assuming its the same as its due to some sort of limitation. just wondering what the idea is there, not complaining about lack of compatibility or anything, from what understand its widely compatible.

Oh and lastly, do multi disc games like resident evil work?

Once again, cheers for your contribution to the wii/gc scene

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Donkey Plonk said:
Hi emu_kidid, well done on all you've done for the scene in this and other projects, you're the one who did wii64 right? Fair play mate, I love that emu.
Any chance you can post up any diagrams/schematics for the ide-exi and sd-gecko? I don't know where my soldering iron is now so I'll probably still end up buying em.

Also, what are the potential for future fixings etc in regard to things like the compatibility with games like eternal darkness and the audio sync thing? Or if the compatibility is a lot better now than on the sd-boot compatibility list I saw earlier? I'm assuming its the same as its due to some sort of limitation. just wondering what the idea is there, not complaining about lack of compatibility or anything, from what understand its widely compatible.

Once again, cheers for your contribution to the wii/gc scene

I think most of your questions were already answered on emu_kidids site: http://www.gc-forever.com/

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, this is very exciting news.
I was just last week thinking about digging up the old multi game compiler again, but I think I'll hold off now and see where this goes.
Great stuff - looking forward to seeing this develop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.