Gaming Swapnote Trivia Quest

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One question: I got a question. Before I got it, I had three coins, but now I have four. Isn't it supposed to COST a coin instead of giving you one?

PaulL.Russell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
One question: I got a question. Before I got it, I had three coins, but now I have four. Isn't it supposed to COST a coin instead of giving you one?

@Arras: You start with 3 Coins, each time you pass over a coin on your way to somewhere else,
you 'pick it up' and it gets added to your total. You passed over 2 Coins on your way to the
Gold Q-Block and then it cost you 1 Coin to purchase a question, hence you have 4 Coins. =)

I'll take "Altair" My name is Avran89 my FC 0087-2591-9903

I'm adding you now

@Avran89: Thanks for registering. I've added you to my 3DS Friend List, we are now confirmed
as friends. I will complete your application as soon as I can and get back to you with more info
so you can get started.

~P~

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Arras: You start with 3 Coins, each time you pass over a coin on your way to somewhere else,
you 'pick it up' and it gets added to your total. You passed over 2 Coins on your way to the
Gold Q-Block and then it cost you 1 Coin to purchase a question, hence you have 4 Coins. =)

@Avran89: Thanks for registering. I've added you to my 3DS Friend List, we are now confirmed
as friends. I will complete your application as soon as I can and get back to you with more info
so you can get started.

~P~
Oh doh, that was dumb xD One question though: how do you get your first key? Buy it in a store?
Also why are you sending all your messages one week to the past? :P

PaulL.Russell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
Oh doh, that was dumb xD One question though: how do you get your first key? Buy it in a store?
Also why are you sending all your messages one week to the past? :P

1. Where is the First Key?

Keys are not purchased in Shops. Shops sell Battle Hats and Items, the former of which
are essential for Battle, so buy/find as many of those as you can.

Keys can be found by defeating enemies, bosses, found within dungeons or for
helping out NPC's. There are 5 in total.

2. Why am I sending messages to the past?

The game originally started in September. A good portion of the letters were pre-written
beforehand (e.g - hats, items, keys, enemy cards, shops, other places etc) this was so
that those letters would all be grouped together and kept in order, on my 3DS as well
as the players. If Nintendo had programmed some way to order or group Swapnotes
other than by date, this problem could have been avoided.

Not all of the letters will be in order (Dungeons etc) as the game is open to the whims
of the player and you can't anticipate everything players will ask or do in the game.

~P~

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Where is the First Key?

Keys can be found by defeating enemies, bosses, found within dungeons or for
helping out NPC's. There are 5 in total.
Oh, so map enemies can drop keys? I assumed you could find them in dungeons, but since you need them to access said dungeons I was wondering how to get the first one. That answers it. Where might NPCs be found though? There are no towns to talk to them as far as I am aware. Also I'm sorry for all the questions :P
Edit: Oh wait, inside dungeons as well.

PaulL.Russell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
Oh, so map enemies can drop keys? I assumed you could find them in dungeons, but since you need them to access said dungeons I was wondering how to get the first one. That answers it. Where might NPCs be found though? There are no towns to talk to them as far as I am aware. Also I'm sorry for all the questions :P

@Arras: Don't be sorry =) I like players who ask questions, it saves them getting confused, discouraged
or making mistakes in the game. There is a town in the game, but it comes later in the game. You can get
a preview of it by clicking on the spoiler tags underneath the main map on page 1 of this thread.

NPC's are found in places like the aforementioned Town, Toad's man the Item Shops (Mushroom Houses)
and others are located in the Guild, Betting Shop and within Dungeons themselves.

P.S: In 1 Hour it will be midnight in the U.K and all new players will have another 3 steps added to their
Steps total on their Player I.D Cards.

~P~

PaulL.Russell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
Hi Everyone,

I'm thrilled that i've gained about 7 new players after having posted to GBAtemp.
Congrats to those who've started and to the following, I hope my letters have
reached you and that you will make your first moves soon.

Zan: (Marine)Ace: (Altair)Alain: (Rayden)Pete: (Ash)

Also,
to those who have started. I won't always prompt you with a message
asking what you want to do next, so please take the initiative and plan your
moves as such.

~P~

PaulL.Russell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
Hi Players,
! New Steps: Player I.D's updated.
Red Rank Players: 3 Steps
Blue Rank Players: 5 Steps
Purple Rank Players: 7 Steps

! The Adventure Begins: Congrats to
all who've begun their adventure. Ace
(Altair) is now the lone player on the
Start Square. Hope you can start soon.

~P~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.