Misc Swapnote Friendcodes Thread

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm up for some Swapnote and whatever else. Please add me to your friends list! I'm going to go backwards through this thread and add people and send PMs. It'd be nice to have an editable post with all the friend codes in it so we can just work our way down the list...
Hmm - what about a GBAtemp 3DS Wiki page ?? - then anyone with access to the Wiki can add new FC ??

(Ha! - just sent my first 'Letter')
I was thinking this, but I can't figure out how to make it easily editable with a FC template. Don't know wiki stuff very well, unfortunately.
Well - I've done a couple of Wiki pages (see my Sig) with (a lot of) help from a couple of people that has tables in it....
I guess I might be able to make a table up with 2-3 columns ( [Username] / [Country] / [Friend code] - perhaps ?!?... it's been a while since I did it)... depends on what everyone else thinks of the idea

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a weird bug with one of my swapnotes, the sound clip wouldn't play.
It was supposed to play a bit of the athletic theme from Super Mario Bros. 3. But nothing, it's just mute. The graphic is just fine though.

Gotta get around to adding more people to my friend list, this app is amazing. :)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
..PM me if you add me, but I'm gonna go and try to add everyone (when CF finishes with the wiki ;))
erm - I haven't said I WILL actually do it... I wanted to know if everyone else thinks It's a good idea,
And if so... What should it look like
Should we have seperate sections A,B,C... For user names, or should it be one long list with a 'sort' arrow.
Should it contain JUST 3ds codes, or game codes as well ?
Should it have a column for Country ?
Is there any other info that should be included ?

(I'm not on my pc ATM so wouldn't even be able to start it if I wanted)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok I've made a start (even though I didn't promise) & you can find the start of it @ http://wiki.gbatemp..../3DSFriendCodes

For those who have Wiki access - All you have to do is 'Edit' then use the following template for EACH member (on a seperate line)

Code:
{{FCode|name= |code= |country= |notes= }}
'FCode' MUST BE INCLUDED in the line (this is the template used - hopefully I've done it right.. it's been quite a while since I did a WiKi page)
'name='..... put in your User name after the '=' (I'm hoping to make this a clickable link to member page if I can figure that bit out)
'code='...... put in your Friend Code after the '='
'country='......put in your country (I was hoping to make a flag come up instead - but it seems I'll have to upload all the flags into the Wiki)
'notes='...... Any additional notes you might like to add (perhaps 'MarioKart FC' ??)

I think I've included everyone between posts 1-423 here (#437) - onto the Wiki, but NOT put your Country though
(@Ernie1: I've only put you on there once - can't remember though if it's Yours or your Girlfriends FC)
All columns are 'sortable', but I've got them in alphabetical order anyway

Any suggestions to put on the page ??
I'm thinking about tutorials like 'How to Add FC', but anything else needs to be known ??

EDIT: Hmm - seems like there's no easy way to link 'User name' to their Profile page
- need to add a 'http ://gbatemp.net/u?????-' followed by the user name, & I can't see an easy way to find out each persons unique number

EDIT #2: Wiki page now includes everyone (I think) up to this post

EDIT #3: Think I've cracked it (sort of)
I've now managed to 'link' names on the Wiki to the GBATemp member list
Clicking on the name will take you to their entry on the list - so now you can select that name & send them a message

The only problem seems to be is IF you have a space in your user name (like 'Dark Langin' or 'King Zargo') your name will appear on the Wiki as 'Langin Dark Langin' or 'Zargo King Zargo'
- the only way I can figure out how to get it to work with those is if you enter your name with a underscore ('_') instead of a space..
So 'King Zargo' is entered on the Wiki as 'King_Zargo'

Not sure how to get around this problem - Can anyone Help ????

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt