Yahya14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just out of curiosity, thanks for your very had work on this project and recent update to v1.2 on the app. Just want to clear matters up a bit with yourself and also I don't want in any way to create a war between yourselves I just want to know, and this is up to the users discretion but could we know which app is better to use, more up to date features for example, is it yours or Maschells build or are they just on the same level but a bit different in his being able to choose button configs and yours basically the same or is yours better or his better, it may help out to decide quicker which app to choose? thanks.

They're both good at swapping displays equally but provide a different audience because of the exclusive features they both have.

Exclusive features SwapDRC includes:
  • TCPGecko
  • Cafiine
  • Switch Gamepad Sensor Bar
  • Splatoon Enhanced Controls
And exclusive features SwipSwapMe includes:
  • Set your own button combo

The common feature both have is the ability to press the TV button to swap screens (SwapDRC also still uses L + Minus combo). Both apps may have the same purpose but has different features that suit the user, it's up to them what they think is better for them. Like if you don't care everything SwapDRC has and you only want SwipSwapMe's custom button combo, you may use it. It doesn't bother me at all ^_^.

Until then I still don't know how to properly implement the custom button combo feature into SwapDRC unless we get a proper GUI for setting them. I don't have enough knowledge to make a GUI so hopefully @Maschell and/or someone can help me make one. I'm still trying to keep SwapDRC up to date :P

We have to make difference between personal wishes (complicated) and public interest (easy and fun for everyone).
- we need a clean code, a clean functionality only to switch between TV screen and Gamepad screen (like SwipSwapME 0.1) -
- it's easy, family friendly and usable only to switch between TV screen and Gamepad screen -
- and needs complicated code for those who want different tweaks in the various games (like Swap DRC) -
So we have to make difference between our personal wishes (complicated) and public interest (easy for everyone).

Suggestion for SwipSwap ME (easy) and Swap DRC (complicated)
- hold down the TV button for 3 seconds to turn off/on the Gamepad screen -

I might consider making another branch of the app called SwapDRC Lite that has everything from the latest release but it doesn't have a GUI, TCPGecko, and Cafiine. I don't know how well it will do but for people who want a simple app package, I think it's worth a shot.

I also like the suggestion about holding the TV button for 3 seconds to switch off/on the gamepad screen. I'll consider this too. ^_^

Last edited by Yahya14,

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
I might consider making another branch of the app called SwapDRC Lite that has everything from the latest release but it doesn't have a GUI, TCPGecko, and Cafiine. I don't know how well it will do but for people who want a simple app package, I think it's worth a shot.
I also like the suggestion about holding the TV button for 3 seconds to switch off/on the gamepad screen. I'll consider this too. ^_^

Thanks, it sounds good - a lite version with off/on switch by TV button - we have four young children so simplicity is fundamental - they have to press only the Haxchi icon in order to execute the screen swapping program automatically and after the TV button for swap - so this is very easy for them and we'd like to keep this simple operation - life is for the kids - thanks - very good - :)

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yahya14, we tested the new release, SwapDRC 1.3 lite in Lego City Undercover - We found two issues
1. No accurate Display Switch. Fast/Instant switch has gone.
2. Conflict with the Buttons.

1. No accurate Display Switch - No fast/instant switch anymore

- we have to push twice or more the TV button for fast switching to clear message of "TV remote can be configured in System Settings.". This error exists in all releases (SwapDRC and SwipSwapMe) except SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 - only SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 has fast and accurate switch by TV button - no fast and instant switch by TV button anymore since SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 -

2. Conflict with the Buttons in Lego City Undercover

- Pressing L is reserved for whistling - Pressing R-Stick is reserved for instant vehicle - these button conflicts can disturb during gameplay, it can be whistling sound and locked gamepad for instant vehicle when we use SwapDRC lite -

We suggest the following two:
Fast/Instant switch: upgrade SwapDRC lite for fast and instant switch by TV button like SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 -
No button conflict: upgrade SwapDRC lite to avoid any button conflict in gameplay -
Switch on/off Gamepad display only by TV button - Swap TV/Gamepad screen only by TV button - there is no conflict anymore if we use only TV button - thanks, very good job - :)

Last edited by tataniko,
Reactions: Yahya14

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work! Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 20170726_194749_HDR.jpg
    20170726_194749_HDR.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 534

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
appstore has been update to reflect the new version and now also includes the lite version .. hope it helps..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From what I understand, Maschell recently created/rewrote a collection or library of function patches for the Wii U. To demonstrate the usage they adopted code from the core part of Swap DRC code as a demo app.

Source:
https://github.com/Maschell/function-patcher-example/tree/swipswapme

added this as an app on the store.
http://www.wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/swipswapme

Yahya14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
We suggest the following two:
Fast/Instant switch: upgrade SwapDRC lite for fast and instant switch by TV button like SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 -
No button conflict: upgrade SwapDRC lite to avoid any button conflict in gameplay -
Switch on/off Gamepad display only by TV button - Swap TV/Gamepad screen only by TV button - there is no conflict anymore if we use only TV button - thanks, very good job - :)
Oddly when I added the padcon code (switch gamepad LCD on/off) I couldn't assigned it to the TV button properly. For some reason the TV remote screen won't let the console detect any button inputs so holding down the TV button won't be detected and not work. So instead I set it to holding the R-Stick button for 3-6 seconds.

By chance did you have a moment when accidentally switch off the screen when holding down the R-Stick button? Because I think it's the way for now or maybe I should assign it to something else.

Also about the fast/instant switch I'll change the cooldown to the same speed as SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 ^_^. Strangely, I just realized the delay increases by 2x in 30 fps games.

appstore has been update to reflect the new version and now also includes the lite version .. hope it helps..

Sorry for all the updates, man. There's just lots of issues that needs to be overlooked. I'll still keep in touch with you again when the next update is ready. ;)

Reactions: tataniko

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country

You probably already saw it, but if not, the other branches of the function patcher repository that had swipswapme contained some more apps. No idea of all their statuses.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oddly when I added the padcon code (switch gamepad LCD on/off) I couldn't assigned it to the TV button properly. For some reason the TV remote screen won't let the console detect any button inputs so holding down the TV button won't be detected and not work. So instead I set it to holding the R-Stick button for 3-6 seconds.

By chance did you have a moment when accidentally switch off the screen when holding down the R-Stick button? Because I think it's the way for now or maybe I should assign it to something else.

Also about the fast/instant switch I'll change the cooldown to the same speed as SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 ^_^. Strangely, I just realized the delay increases by 2x in 30 fps games.

Wait ? What ?! Hummm ok thanks ! :lol:

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
By chance did you have a moment when accidentally switch off the screen when holding down the R-Stick button? Because I think it's the way for now or maybe I should assign it to something else. Also about the fast/instant switch I'll change the cooldown to the same speed as SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 ^_^. Strangely, I just realized the delay increases by 2x in 30 fps games.
- Oh I see, so this is a different story with the TV button, so you had to use the padcon layout (R-Stick) instead of TV button - the TV button is definitely a different story because the Gamepad is always monitoring the TV button together with the Power/Home button even in power off mode - but can we use the Power button to turn on/off the Gamepad screen? I mean we have to hold the Power button for a while to shut down completely the system, so when somebody press accidentally the Power button in short time then nothing happens, so maybe this short time press feature of Power button is useful too to turn on/off the screen instantly -
- I am happy you realized the switching delay between SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 and other releases and you will put back the same speed -
- In the Lego City Undercover if we press R-Stick then TV screen locked and forced to use Gamepad (if Instant Vehicles are on) - so if you can't implement the padcon code to the TV button or Power button, which would be very stylish then please leave the default padcon code, R-Stick -
- thanks Yahya14, you help a lot for many kids - :)

Last edited by tataniko,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So instead I set it to holding the R-Stick button for 3-6 seconds.

By chance did you have a moment when accidentally switch off the screen when holding down the R-Stick button?
In shooters both stick clicks are heavely used.
It should be mapped to some combo button that's impossible to reach during normal gameplay, for example d-pad down + left stick click, or X+B, or A+Y, etc.
Personally I use plus + minus buttons to swap screens in SwipSwapMe.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get freezing too it happens after i quit a game and go back to the Wii U menu the d pad and all buttons stop working except x it lets me power off the console though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended