Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

verne94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have a little problem that it not so important, but i'd like to solve.
I have an EUR Old3DS sysNAND 4.1 emuNAND 9.9 with rxTools 2.6, the lastest stable release, via DS Profile exploit. At first, every time I booted it up, I always got the Installation Data Suite with [....xx.], but by pressing A when it ended the loading process I entered emuNAND and everything was fine. So I got the right firmware.bin, the 3.4 MB one, and now I still get that screen, but it went from [....xx.] to [....x..], and everything else is fine. I redownloaded slot0x25keyx.bin with the correct MD5 hash, installed the patched AGB_firm on sysNAND while deleting every time the rxTools folder (that always contains a folder that is empty), but the error persists.
Thanks for the attention.

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't usually ask for help, but this problem has stumped me for a few hours now. i have successfully installed everything, and i'm at the part where i need to inject the fbi in the health and safety app. problem is, everything goes well, the installation says, but when i run the health and safety app, it's still the health and safety app. i still get the 3 choices, and when i tap one and press back, it freezes, giving me the "an error occurred". really need help

EDIT:

so yeah, updated emunand, solved the problem. installing a bunch of cias right now. hell yeah

Last edited by mashiro21,

Sakuryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this to work. I have an o3DS-XL Persona Q Edition, 4.2-u Sys, GW9.9-u Emu, I've put all the files onto the root of my SD card (internal) and I've done every method, Loading the MSET through rxinstaller.nds, The QR Code installer, and launch.rxtools.net, Nothing seems to work. I'll get a glitched out screen and the Error kickout with launch.rxtools, but I never get a menu, and I don't seem to boot into rxTools. If I go to the DS profiles menu and press nothing, L, R, or X I get the system error reset message. I can still boot off my gateway card just fine with MSET when I re-do that exploit. I just want to be able to generate XORPADS. Is there any way to fix this?

I've tried rxTools 2.4,2.5,2.6 and 3(beta) and The closest I've gotten is Loading rxtools.dat with the browser. No glitching, no rx Menu. I have no clue what's going wrong. I've redownloaded the firmware.bin a couple of times, and I've verified my key file.

Last edited by Sakuryu,

PTgame

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I lost the title.db of my ique3ds.But unfortunately The ique3ds is not have Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software this optoin. because it is have no ehop in this.so is that another way to reair it?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I lost the title.db of my ique3ds.But unfortunately The ique3ds is not have Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software this optoin. because it is have no ehop in this.so is that another way to reair it?
You could start a new issue on FBI's Github page, say, https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI .
Or, search the forum for FBI release, ask author whether there is any way to deal with it.
This is not an issue caused by rxTools itself, just by FBI. If you could run devmenu/BBM or other installer, you may not come for this question, yup?

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help?
I made a title.db and import.db file like i was supposed to but it's not telling me to rebuild the database

Did you go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software?
If you have sysNAND and emuNAND unlinked, make sure that you add the title.db and import.db in the right directory. If you have two dirs with random numbers in SD:/Nintendo 3DS add the files in both. SD:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/title.db and import.db

TomodachiTymek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software?
If you have sysNAND and emuNAND unlinked, make sure that you add the title.db and import.db in the right directory. If you have two dirs with random numbers in SD:/Nintendo 3DS add the files in both. SD:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/title.db and import.db
I have done so, and I do not have two seperate directories...

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone!
If your .db files don't work, double-check to see if their extensions changed.
Sometimes, Windows identifies them as, for example, "title.db.txt".
It counts .db as part of the name, not as the file extension

Yes. You need to have the option to show known file extensions enabled in Windows to see it.

Look here for guidance:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

It's the same for Windows XP up to Windows 10.

vxRam

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I came here to see if you guys can help me out. Long story short: Someone told me to follow this http://pastebin.com/WVszD3Tm. I followed all the way to step 7 and my firmware did say RX3DS **BUT** I kinda skipped the system update step (pls don't kill me), and it won't say RX3DS anymore. I formatted my SD card back to how it was before doing any of this and began following again step by step. Now I'm stuck on step 6 where http://launch.rxTools.net would give me 'FAILED! ERR -2' while on the data suite, no matter how many times I even erase browser history and Cookies. I went to the FAQ on the other to see if there was something about this. Can somebody please help me?

Please note I have no knowledge concerning homebrews(this is the right term, right?)
(I hope this is the right thread as it has 'Support' on the title)(And My 3ds is bellow 9.2U)

Samman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to make rxTools read my gateway card because when I press select the gateway menu doesn't pop and I can't chose the games I want to play..

JustKasto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I need some help. I'm trying to install FBI on sysNAND but i cant "Couldn't find H&S data." I could install on emuNAND without problem, but i dont know why i cant on sysNAND...any idea?
Setup: Official firmware 4.1o3DS, custom firmware 9.9 installed with rxmode. Also, i got the emuNAND and the sysNand separated.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I've a problem that rxtools all v3.0 builds & ninjahax 1.1b won't launch anymore on my O3DS XL fw 4.5.0.8E.

I think mset works fine, though only for GW launcher 3.4 & v2.6 builds etc. just not for the rxtools v3.0 builds (i tried installing mset with rxinstaller), same goes for launching with the browser. I think this might be due me the upgrading cardboard & browser to the ones mentioned in the "How spoof fw to acces eshop" thread or choosing the patch firmware on the pastacfw launcher a while back.Or another noob action I might've done....*feels that she's very lucky she didn't fully brick her 3ds yet*

All other rxTools up v2.6 work. Though on my linked fw 9.2.0.20E emunand I have a problem with the friendlist & notifications crashing. I had this on an older version of rxtools too 2.5.1/2, but managed fixed it by changing the firmware.bin to an older version that's not 3.4MB and has an different MD5. The only few times I managed to load a v3.0 I think it worked just fine without crashing, not sure since it's a while back.I've tried to load alot of v3.0 builds & non would boot no matter what I tried.

As for Ninjahax it won't fully load, not even on my other SD card on which I've pasta cfw & Palantine cfw. It always crashes to to the browser & freezes the console, which made me think something might be really wrong with my sysnand. (I'm considering reflashing my backup to my sysnand)

I'd like to know if all of this can be fixed without reflashing my sysnand if possible.(I've no hardware mod, so I'd like to avoid flashing my sysnand too much & I want to understand what might've gone wrong so I can prevent it from happening again)

Btw. I don't want to update my emunand to a higher fw yet, since I'm planning to flash an backup of it to my sysnand to install my legit .cia's, so I can transfer to my MH4 N3DS XL with fw 9.2.0.20E sysnand. I've also never upgraded my emunand to an higher fw before so I don't want to mess with it too much untill I'm done with the transfer. *can totally imagine herself bricking her 3ds*

Also I've kind of been wondering if it would replace the sysnands friendlist if I inject my linked emunands LocalFriendCodeSeed_B into my sysnand by just using the dumping & inject nandfiles rxtools options. Or do I've to do it in a different way i.e. decrypt nands & create xorpad & manually rebuild nand using winImage etc.? I'm kind of confused by the whole inject nandfiles options in rxtools.

Last edited by Angely,
Reactions: Megaben99

rosblad

Trophies
XP
Country
hello, I'm having an issue with rxtool. I'm sitting on 7.2.10e on sys nand, and when i try to launch rxtools, i'm getting a "...x.." before it complete, and every time i relaunch rxtools it try to reinstall. I also cant check my tmd version, which is a problem as i cant install fbi. What could be the issue?

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, I'm having an issue with rxtool. I'm sitting on 7.2.10e on sys nand, and when i try to launch rxtools, i'm getting a "...x.." before it complete, and every time i relaunch rxtools it try to reinstall. I also cant check my tmd version, which is a problem as i cant install fbi. What could be the issue?

Which version are you using?

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Ah that version has problems on some builds, you'll have to manually install AGB_FIRM TWL patches or something like that, it's somewhere in the rxtools release/this thread.

As for your tmd problem did you put any tmd of the files on your SD's root before & perhaps accidentally installed FBI?

Last edited by Angely,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm