Hacking Superpass 2 - work on a black DS Lite?

Midnight Tboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I've got right here at the moment an old Superpass 2, and a newly bought Supercard SD. These actually belong to my mate, I had to go pick him up a new supercard because the plonker spilt red wine on his old Supercard CF. Their DS is the regular DS (I dont have my friends DS with me).

The superpass 2 is used with the game Nintendogs Chihuaha (spelling?) uk version in the slot. It was never actually programmed with the pc cable but at the time that we first got the card we literally just plugged in nintendogs and it started playing no problem

Anyways, I've just bought as a xmas present for my GF a black DS Lite. My plans are to either buy the M3Lite or the SCLite depending on these upcoming reviews. However, with me having this card here at the moment, I was thinking about flashing this DS lite with flashme so I didn't have to get a new passkey3 or anything.

On trying the new supercard by itself in the lite that works fine so no problems with that it seems (updated to latest version whilst at it). I tried plugging the Superpass2 in, and it firstly flashes up the gameboy logo but then I'm met with 2 white screens.

On doing some reading, it seems to be that the superpass2 is supposed to work in the Lite? I read a guide that by connecting the superpass2 to the pc you can program it for using a different game. Also it referred to upgrading the superpass by copying over a .gba and .sav (AD2P for nintendogs chuhuaha version so it seems).

With me not having the cable here to connect it to pc I thought that perhaps that step could be missed seeing as it was first ever inserted with that game in when used on the normal DS and has never been programmed on otherwise. Soooo... I tried copying over the ad2p.gba and .sav to the Supercard, running it so it says writing to sram ok, and then quickly turning off and connecting the superpass2 to the DS very quickly (halfway in to begin with)......unfortunately this does not seem to do anything and I still get the regular white screen. I tried it about 10 times as the guide seemed to say it can sometimes take up to 5 times if not quick enough, but I was more or less instantaneous at times with switching it off then on again.

Any of you peeps know if theres something I'm doing wrong? Or know if its essential that I have to get the cable (if he can find it) and do that programming step on the pc first in order for it to possibly stand a chance of working?

Or of course does the Superpass 2 really work in the DS Lite at all
smile.gif

Presumably the superpass itself is working fine, but I cant test it 100% until I get the card back to mates house

I hope you guys can help....no point in me buying a passkey in order to flash these ds's here if I can get away with doing it on this superpass here.

cheers,
Tuck

other

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have to connect the SuperPass2 to the computer and reprogram it. The reason you didn't have to do it with the regular DS is because that was an old DS that only required a PassMe1, not a PassMe2. Any PassMe2 should work with the DS Lite, I myself actually used a SuperPass2 to install FlashMe on my black DS Lite.

Here's a guide how to reprogram it (it's really easy): http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/superpass2.htm

Midnight Tboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers mate,

off to mates this lunchtime as he's managed to dig out where it is so we'll be finally able to go forward
smile.gif

Midnight Tboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers,

in the end I thought sod it and got the PassWe from up the road at cheapmod. Flashed both DS's with next to no probs other than a few wiggles and adjustments of the crappy screwdriver to make the connection. It was so much easier than it would've been had I used the superpass2 having to reprogram, load gba and power off for sram each time. especially as I did manage to cut the power on the Lite a couple of times too

DS boots way faster now with flashme, well worth doing
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality