• Replies 61
  • Likes 1

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the main reason I'm not watching this is because of the looks of costume. It doesn't even look something like that of the New 52. No yellow on the shield? Pfft. Heck it doesn't look anything near the Pre 52 version of Supergirl.
They could always change the costume as many times as they want.

Arrow without Felicity and romance triangles? That'd be freaking awesome!
Meant to post this early, I don't think Olicity and Lauryssa are that bad, especially towards the overall show. Same as Iris and Barry.

Watched it.

For Superwoman vs Supergirl, they could have simple say she looks younger. I'm disappointed how she beat her first super villain. Wish the "I'm helpless!" moment wasn't there, but as long as they turned down the cheesiness and feminism cliches, I think the show will be alright.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Just watched the pilot, and to be honest it was pretty cringeworthy most of the way through. Talk about a bad choice for the main actress, I don't think I could stand watching an entire season of a show starring her. The plot wasn't all that bad but the lines were cheesy as hell, as well as the acting in general.

Reactions: dimmidice

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched the pilot, and to be honest it was pretty cringeworthy most of the way through. Talk about a bad choice for the main actress, I don't think I could stand watching an entire season of a show starring her. The plot wasn't all that bad but the lines were cheesy as hell, as well as the acting in general.
Firstly, you're awesome for being a fellow Twenty-One Pilots fan. Secondly, I agree. I'm gonna give it a few more episodes in the hopes that the acting and writing might improve. If not, I'll just have to sit this one out.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
saw the pilot too, i agree with the two above posters.
the main actress just doesn't really work for me. i can't put my finger on why but she just doesn't look like supergirl. she looks like a nerd, which is okay when she's kara . but when she's supergirl she should look hot, athletic, radiant, pretty. as supergirl she should look like a goddess basically, just like how superman looks like a god too. but even as supergirl she just looks weak, nerdy, flawed, without any sort of power coming from her.

the writing was just awful. way too much information dumped in one episode without fleshing it out. and some of the lines are ridiculous.

government agent upon seeing supergirl get her ass kicked

>she's too weak

supergirls sister

> why cause she's a girl?

just awful. i was getting a tumblrina vibe the entire time.

should've gotten laura vandervoort haha. she was an awesome supergirl in smallville.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was watching the pilot yesterday but it was so boring that I fell asleep. Got to finish it today.

It's a damn shame it's not CW who's handling this show because they're definitely better than CBS.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the main actress is bad. I think it just the lines they gave her. That and Supergirl is just starting off. She had no training or barely any experience.

THe real question will there be superman appearance?
I mean there should be
Unless they are planning another Superman show to connect to this one, probably not for while, if at all. Other than no face cameos and references.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Watched it all and meh, it's okay. It had some feminist, gay and Jew references threw in for 'comedy' but it just made it corny and cheesy.

6/10

I won't be watching the rest when it airs.

Btw, guess they couldn't get Henry Cavill to play Superman but instead just show some dude as Supes without speaking or talking to her.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just watched it again to see if it got any better and I think I figured out why I didn't care for it. I mean the main actress is weak (or at least the director who told her she did fine is wrong), the lines are cringeworthy too often (I mean some is okay, but jeez), and too much was explored in the pilot (Krypton, parents, step parents, prison, agency, job, multiple love interests, establishing her role in the city, multiple badies, her sister's big secret already revealed, etc., etc.). All of these things make the pilot weak, but the main thing that hurts it for me is the overload of feminist propaganda. I mean, I get it, she is a woman and she is strong. That can easily be shown without men putting her down all day in a cliche way that is becoming rapidly more nonexistent in American culture today. I want to watch a super hero show, not a weekly "women are people too" speech. [/semi rant]

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Seeing how they're pushing the feminist agenda on this pilot episode they either have to rework it or cancel because it's just a bunch of horseshit, like for real.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Watched the pilot, it's not that bad, but indeed to much information in the pilot, the should have been more mysterious.
I'll watch a few episodes when they get out, but i just hope it doesn't turn out of more flash/arrow sheesy show.
About her? well i hope she grows fast in the next episode or there are already new auditions busy for a new replacement (hé, they did it with the original pilot of The Big Bang Theory afterall, replacing the girl :D (that episode was never aired, but it was also leaked))

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I liked it but like everyone already said, the pro-feminist undertones were a bit too heavy-handed. Not to mention the whole "Superman meant to give you this", "Your brother wanted you to know this" gets a little tiring since they're not (and can't) show the big guy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: