Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SuperCard_DS_TWO.png
For those of you who just can't wait to get their hands on the Supercard DSTWO's much-anticipated Super Nintendo emulator, we've got some good news - the Supercard Team plan to release it in mid-July.

Why the wait? The team have decided to re-write the emulator using the upcoming DSTWO SDK. The reason being is that they want to ensure that the SDK is user-friendly and powerful enough for anyone to write their own DSTWO CPU-powered emulators and other homebrew, and what better way to prove it than to show off their own SNES emulator written with it?

GBAtemp will keep you updated with any other Supercard DSTWO news and information as it hits.

Update: We've just caught wind that the Supercard Team are working on a new application for the DSTWO called iReader.

ireader.png
This is an eBook and picture viewer that supports various formats such as TXT, PDF, HTML, JPG, PNG etc. including ZIP support. We have to say it's looking quite nice already, so check out some more info and photos here.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extend wait sucks, but if the emulator is good, I don't care. I'd love to play all of my favorite snes games perfectly on my ds. The sdk will also be nice once new apps are developed.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
datroubler said:
Whats about SNEmulDS?
http://www.snemul.com/ds/
why is a Snes emulator so important? There is already one....

because it doesnt use the cart to its max

the snes emu is gonna be good
happy.gif

after the SDK is out hopefully we have have some very nice emulator and homebrew projects underway
happy.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pong20302000 said:
thegame07 said:
Are they planning to make any other emulators after snes? Give sega megadrive/genesis!

dont think they are

but the SDK mean that other people will be able to make good emulators
tongue.gif
That doesn't necessarily mean they will though.

Anyways, sucks that they're going to release it mid-July, I'm off to France again and won't be back till early August.
frown.gif

Maybe I can convince one of my neighbours there to let me use their computer... I'll ask one of you guys to text me when the emulator is out. (That means you, NeSchn
tongue.gif
)

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait

I wish I still had the time to code
cry.gif

Hopefully the snes emu is up to scratch and the gba emu will have a big update.

and as said before dstwo linux would be great.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
datroubler said:
Whats about SNEmulDS?
http://www.snemul.com/ds/
why is a Snes emulator so important? There is already one....
To put it bluntly- it's not very good. A lot of the best games on SNES don't even load, and the ones that do have all sorts of rather severe graphical issues or speed problems. And special chip games such as Mario RPG, Star Ocean, Starfox, Yoshi's Island, etc don't even work at all. The author abandoned it a while ago it seems, and even he said that within the confines of the DS' own specs, he wasn't pushing it as far as he could, nor was he happy with the state it was in. It's just not fun to have to constantly fiddle with graphical settings just to get a game running or looking somewhat decent.

So with the extra power of the DSTWO, it should be able to fix most of the problems that snemulds had. If they can make some kind of linux for it, we might even be able to get a port of SNES9x like Dingoo has!
tongue.gif

(not that i care much since i don't have a DS anymore, but i understand the want of a better SNES emulator, and i get the excitement behind the SDK being released)

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask this but why is Linux so important also do u guys think with the ask out programmers can edit and fix the gba emulation? As long as sc team can work on the OS and if other programmers can work on game fixes and plugins this cart will be the best one out there

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm got me thinking - wasn't there a post stating the next eos (v1.03) and another plugin was being released 'soon' & now we hear that the SNES emulator coming mid-July

So can we guess that the next eos release will be around the same time then ???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: