Hacking SuperCard DSTwo SDK v1.2 released!

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see that SC Team released this. But I do agree it's probably the end as far as they are concerned. Although yes, the game fixes probably will continue. Can't wait to see all the developers really take their apps to the next level.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pate, be very careful when you play with the plg compilation. I bricked my dstwo when i tried the ismart linux plugin encrypted with the ds2 firmware.

Maybe you know what you are doing, but be aware that there is no proper unbricker released by sc team.

Good luck. :)

I know CT2 but I was looking for better way to expand NCGRs apart doing it with an hex editor and better way to edit NCERs.
Thanks anyway.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get this stuff but if it can run dos programs will games and other stuff work?
i would love to play dangerous dave on a nds/n3ds.

slenkar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get this stuff but if it can run dos programs will games and other stuff work?
i would love to play dangerous dave on a nds/n3ds.
You should already be able to play it with the emulator here:http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/
this thread is just about the improvements that will be made possible by using 3 CPU's in the DS and Supercard

manneke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did anyone figure out yet what DevKitARM revision to use?
Maybe Pate/Normmatt can share theirs, that would be really nice.

Oh and for people who don't know it yet, the SDK version is most likely 0.12. ('static const char _version[]= "0.12beta";' in libsrc/base/version.c)

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did anyone figure out yet what DevKitARM revision to use?
Maybe Pate/Normmatt can share theirs, that would be really nice.

Oh and for people who don't know it yet, the SDK version is most likely 0.12. ('static const char _version[]= "0.12beta";' in libsrc/base/version.c)

Anyone interested in this should follow Pate's blog. He's updating us nicely with his progress there and perhaps someone could be able to help him if possible.
http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/DSblog.html

Pate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, I finally managed to get my ds2_firmware.dat version built using the latest (or almost latest) DevKitPro version to work. More info on my blog (as Killermech kindly pointed out above :) ).

I'll release my source code version after I have cleaned it up a bit. It is still missing some important stuff (like transmitting the RTC clock data), and audio does not work (and I don't plan to make it work, that will be left as an exercise for you :) ), but it should be a nicer starting point for your own experiments as you can use the current DevKitPro. I don't know whether you can get also WiFi to work with it, but I don't see why not.

Pate

Pate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, my version of the ds2_firmware.dat sources are now available for download from my DSx86 download page. Hope you find some use for them!

I'll continue with some DS2x86-specific enhancements next, so I probably won't work specifically with this version of the sources any more. Let me know of any bugs you find or enhancements you can think of, though!

Pate

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see movement in the updating of the SCDSTWO SDK sources. I can't wait to see more happen with this. Thanks for all your hard work Pate.

Pate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just found the problem in the ds2_firmware sources that caused it to not work quite correctly. This same problem is also in the original sources released by SuperCard, which I think is a bit weird. I found the problem by comparing the disassembly of the working ds2_firmware.dat against the dump of the compiled sources.

I have uploaded the fixed version onto my dsx86 pages. I'll write something about the problem on my blog tomorrow, but I decided to release the sources already today in case you might need them.

Pate

slenkar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to create a game in C++ that runs on the ds2 and use the pseudo-opengl commands that devkitpro has?

Pate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@slenkar: I don't see why not. You just need to transfer the open-gl commands instead of the screen background data from MIPS to ARM. Or, in addition to the screen background data, if you want. You could actually create some pretty complex 3D games this way, with the 32MB of RAM and fast MIPS processor handling the game logic stuff and the NDS 3D engine handling the screen drawing.

Pate

slenkar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
so has anyone updated their programs with this new sdk seems like the DS2 homebrew is a dead scene...
If you read the previous posts you will have seen that the SDK release was actually of the old 0.12 beta with source code and compiled with an old version of DevKitPro and needs a lot of work doing to it and at the moment the only person doing any work on it is Pate. So if anyone wants to use this 'new' release it means a lot of recoding the DS2firmware sourcecode and recoding the homebrew to work on the 'new' SDK all of which takes a lot of time.

alekmaul

Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
Yep, back from the past ;-)
So, to understand well, this source code is useless ? we can't use it without lot's of work on DS2firmware ?
I said that because if I read well, i understood that Pate made it compatible with last devkit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night