Do You Think This Will Become Real

• Yes

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%

• Total voters
D

Dork

Also quite interested to know what a "brand new Smash Bros" could bring on the switch.
Unbelievable

Different gameplay, new models, new textures, new stages, different music, different gamemodes, new artwork, a new roster, maybe perhaps an entirely new direction for smash. You know, one of the most disappointing aspects of smash 4 outside of its awful gameplay was the fact that it reused way too many assets from brawl like character models, character animations, sound effects, and music.

There can be so much done with smash, have some imagination. I'm truly astounded.

D

Deleted User

Unbelievable

Different gameplay, new models, new textures, new stages, different music, different gamemodes, new artwork, a new roster, maybe perhaps an entirely new direction for smash. You know, one of the most disappointing aspects of smash 4 outside of its awful gameplay was the fact that it reused way too many assets from brawl like character models, character animations, sound effects, and music.

There can be so much done with smash, have some imagination. I'm truly astounded.
Why can't people just enjoy games? I for one thought brawl was the best entry in the series, But apparently, anybody who thinks that is automatically wrong and stupid based on your remarks

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the poll question is poor. Yes, I think Smash for the Switch will become real and may well include the modes and stages shown in these images (especially Smash Run, if thats not in the game, I'd be shocked). However, I believe that the images themselves are fake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i hope that is fake, because it looks like a frikkin port.
i'd much prefer a completely new ssb for the switch, i'd wait a year or 2 for that.

Its not going to be a brand new game (I don't even know why it would be). It's going to be like a deluxe version of Sm4sh, probably adding in Smash Run, having the same roster with a few new fighters, and maybe a few new stages, maybe even a new mode or 2. And then they can leave it open for more added content with more planned DLC. I really see no reason for them to build an entirely new Smash game for the Switch from the ground up when the Wii U version nailed it all down so well, all they need to do is just polish it up a bit more and add more content. Starting from square 1 would seem like a huge waste of time and resources.

Last edited by duffmmann,
D

Dork

Why can't people just enjoy games?
I do enjoy games, what are you talking about?
I for one thought brawl was the best entry in the series, But apparently, anybody who thinks that is automatically wrong and stupid based on your remarks
???
You either quoted the wrong post or you just made a bunch of shit up, that's not what I said or implied at all.

D

Deleted User

I do enjoy games, what are you talking about?

???
You either quoted the wrong post or you just made a bunch of shit up, that's not what I said or implied at all.
You may be able to control what you say, but not how I understand it. You said that besides the poor gameplay, smash 4 also is bad because it reuses a lot of elements from brawl, to me that says that you don't like brawl and the tone of your message said to me that anybody who liked either Brawl or Smash 4 were inferior

D

Dork

You may be able to control what you say, but not how I understand it. You said that besides the poor gameplay, smash 4 also is bad because it reuses a lot of elements from brawl, to me that says that you don't like brawl and the tone of your message said to me that anybody who liked either Brawl or Smash 4 were inferior
What I meant by that is this: I think it's really lame that Smash 4 borrowed old assets from an older game instead of making them from scratch, not that there is anything inherently wrong with Brawl's assets.

D

Deleted User

What I meant by that is this: I think it's really lame that Smash 4 borrowed old assets from an older game instead of making them from scratch, not that there is anything inherently wrong with Brawl's assets.
Alright. Sorry I got so mad

D

Deleted User

lol it's fine, I'm the mad one anyways. I have very strong opinions you see
What's your opinion on Nintendo reusing assets from Ocarina of Time for Majora's Mask? I for one, cannot continue to support Nintendo under these conditions.
The fact that they blatantly stole Link's model and reused it is just scummy.

D

Deleted User

What's your opinion on Nintendo reusing assets from Ocarina of Time for Majora's Mask? I for one, cannot continue to support Nintendo under these conditions.
The fact that they blatantly stole Link's model and reused it is just scummy.
Off-topic. Let's not start another argument. We just ended one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol