Gaming Super Smash Bros Nintendo Direct 4/8/2014

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario, Zelda & Pokemon are Nintendo's biggest mascots so of course would they be more dominant in the character rooster.
But this Direct was really 50% just about Pokemon, 25% about stuff that is actually interesting and 25% about stuff we already knew about.

I don't like Wii Fit Trainer either. I mean has anyone ever cared for him/her, ever?
The argument that he/she fits the tone of SMB is pathetic. We might as well take one random unrelateable NPC character from any Nintendo game ever and slap him as a character in SMB just because he hits the tone.

The Direct contained one minute of footage regarding the Pokéballs and then at the end there was the trailer for Charizard and Greninja, which lasted about two minutes, so it was hardly 50% Pokémon. The Pokémon part just stood out, because it had a fancy cinematic.
As for your opinions regarding the Wii Fit Trainer: different people care about different characters. I personally don't really care about Lucas/Falco/Diddy Kong/a few others, but I'm fine with them being in the game as long as they're unique (which a few weren't in Brawl *cough*FalcoFoxWolf*cough*). So far the Wii Fit Trainer seems different enough from the rest, so I don't mind him/her (that doesn't mean I care for the character outside of Smash). I do think that they shouldn't include too many less popular characters like the Wii Fit Trainer though.

I wished they put the characters that didn't make Brawl into this game, but noooooo, they probably won't.

I'm pretty sure they planned the Villager to be in Brawl, but he was dropped. So some characters that were dropped for Brawl might still make it into Smash 4!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Direct contained one minute of footage regarding the Pokéballs and then at the end there was the trailer for Charizard and Greninja, which lasted about two minutes, so it was hardly 50% Pokémon. The Pokémon part just stood out, because it had a fancy cinematic.
As for your opinions regarding the Wii Fit Trainer: different people care about different characters. I personally don't really care about Lucas/Falco/Diddy Kong/a few others, but I'm fine with them being in the game as long as they're unique (which a few weren't in Brawl *cough*FalcoFoxWolf*cough*). So far the Wii Fit Trainer seems different enough from the rest, so I don't mind him/her (that doesn't mean I care for the character outside of Smash). I do think that they shouldn't include too many less popular characters like the Wii Fit Trainer though.

I'm pretty sure they planned the Villager to be in Brawl, but he was dropped. So some characters that were dropped for Brawl might still make it into Smash 4!

Other characters that didn't make it into Brawl I believe were Roy, Metwo, Dixie Kong, and Krystal (Star Fox Assault form I'd guess), the announcer, Pat Cashman, even made recordings for them. I assume they were removed for time constraints or they felt they had enough characters during development. Hackers found traces of them deep in the game's code too, just very incomplete :P

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Other characters that didn't make it into Brawl I believe were Roy, Metwo, Dixie Kong, and Krystal (Star Fox Assault form I'd guess), the announcer, Pat Cashman, even made recordings for them. I assume they were removed for time constraints or they felt they had enough characters during development. Hackers found traces of them deep in the game's code too, just very incomplete :P

I'd really like to have Mewtwo back, but he'll probably forever be replaced by Lucario, oh well :( I hope Lucario atleast gets to keep his Final Smash, because that lazer attack is just amazing. It looks like it'll be replaced with his Mega Evolution though :(

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like to have Mewtwo back, but he'll probably forever be replaced by Lucario, oh well :( I hope Lucario atleast gets to keep his Final Smash, because that lazer attack is just amazing. It looks like it'll be replaced with his Mega Evolution though :(

There's still a lot we don't know about the game, hopefully E3 will reveal more.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

It will be probably replaced by mega form. Sakurai said something about this form having his passive ability always at 100% soooooooooo there is that.
But I'm glad that they replaced it because the people I played with always picked characterd like toon link or Samus who would be able to dodge the laz0r with ease. They could have made it faster instead though.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TBH with most characters the lazor was easy to dodge entirely - I'm glad it's gone. This also looks more interesting to use (up+b over the entire stage, lol)

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ever cared about Rob or Mister Game & Watch?

Compared to these two I gladly take the Trainer instead. :)

Never said I liked the Idea that these two were in brawl.

But if had to choose one out of these 3 I would probably chose Wii Fit Trainer too.
Still, the wishlists of most people had other characters on top of them.

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TBH with most characters the lazor was easy to dodge entirely - I'm glad it's gone. This also looks more interesting to use (up+b over the entire stage, lol)

I guess you guys are probably right : / But it just felt so awesome using it xD I mean, the transformation into Mega Lucario is probably way better competitively, but it doesn't quite have the flare that a giant death rays do, if you know what I mean. :P

super mario 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they bring meta knight back and at least one more sonic character. Since Namco is helping in development of the game maybe pac man will be in the fight. I also hope stickers are back because their fun to collect along with the trophies.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope they bring meta knight back and at least one more sonic character. Since Namco is helping in development of the game maybe pac man will be in the fight. I also hope stickers are back because their fun to collect along with the trophies.
If Meta Knight comes back, he probably will be useless because of nerfs, after all, he was the best in Brawl.
As to another Sonic Character, I want Tails. :P

super mario 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tails would be a good character, but I really hope pac man is in this game. Four companies all stars could duke it out.

NINTENDO'S ALL STAR-Mario
SEGA'S ALL STAR-Sonic
CAPCOM'S ALL STAR-Mega Man
NAMCO'S ALL STAR-Pac Man

That would be a epic battle!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tails would be a good character, but I really hope pac man is in this game. Four companies all stars could duke it out.

NINTENDO'S ALL STAR-Mario
SEGA'S ALL STAR-Sonic
CAPCOM'S ALL STAR-Mega Man
NAMCO'S ALL STAR-Pac Man

That would be a epic battle!
Pac-Man.. do you really think that happens?
And I thought my wish of bayonetta beeing in the game was funny. :wink:

Tails on the other hand sounds more likely if you ask me. But what attacks should he use?
Please Tails, if you are in this game, dont be a sad sonic clone. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry I let @HiradeGirl get into my alcohol