Gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread

Zananok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does any1 have an amiibo and checked out what NFC type is used on the amiibo?
Its important for me thank you. I live in europe, so I don't have access to it yet.

Regards,
Zananok

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but I noticed, the minute I try to edit the photo on my pc and save it back to the sd card and stick it back in the Wii U, the file is no longer viewable under "snapshots." It just shows an empty frame with a "no" slash through it. There is also a corresponding .BIN file for every jpg snapshot. I take it, that is how its able to tell that the image has been tampered with,
fuck they've thought of everything this time around!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You are correct, but I was playing around with that last night, thinking maybe we could use a backdoor through a corrupted image file (like many viruses for your computer do), but I noticed, the minute I try to edit the photo on my pc and save it back to the sd card and stick it back in the Wii U, the file is no longer viewable under "snapshots." It just shows an empty frame with a "no" slash through it. There is also a corresponding .BIN file for every jpg snapshot. I take it, that is how its able to tell that the image has been tampered with, as the image itself isn't encrypted in anyway.

FYI the .bin file i'm referring to is encrypted, so theres no way of modifying that accordingly until we're able to decrypt and resign it. We'd need the private key that its signed with to do that.

NWPlayer123 thanks for your input!

Nothing's perfect so when someone finds out the exploit and reveals how it works like it'll be rather interesting but Nintendo's got their eyes on these sort of communities so they'll take action asap to fix it.

The thing that keeps me from wanting to hack the console is that being always with the latest official firmware allows me to use Nintendo's services so I can always play whichever selected game it is and Miiverse. Miiverse isn't really that bad as people make it out to be.

I find Miiverse quite useful to post screenshots ('cept Watch Turds doesn't allow to take any)

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing's perfect so when someone finds out the exploit and reveals how it works like it'll be rather interesting but Nintendo's got their eyes on these sort of communities so they'll take action asap to fix it.

The thing that keeps me from wanting to hack the console is that being always with the latest official firmware allows me to use Nintendo's services so I can always play whichever selected game it is and Miiverse. Miiverse isn't really that bad as people make it out to be.

I find Miiverse quite useful to post screenshots ('cept Watch Turds doesn't allow to take any)
Well, until firmware spoofing is possible, people only have two options, take the plunge and update to go online or wait it out for early homebrew...

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck they've thought of everything this time around!
Where theres a will theres a way ;). Hell we can decrypt on technically mod isos now, if only we could use said isos XD. Decrypt and resign/fakesign those binaries and we can edit them accordingly and start experimenting...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct, but I was playing around with that last night, thinking maybe we could use a backdoor through a corrupted image file (like many viruses for your computer do), but I noticed, the minute I try to edit the photo on my pc and save it back to the sd card and stick it back in the Wii U, the file is no longer viewable under "snapshots." It just shows an empty frame with a "no" slash through it. There is also a corresponding .BIN file for every jpg snapshot. I take it, that is how its able to tell that the image has been tampered with, as the image itself isn't encrypted in anyway.

FYI the .bin file i'm referring to is encrypted, so theres no way of modifying that accordingly until we're able to decrypt and resign it. We'd need the private key that its signed with to do that.

Hmm, good, so my assumption that they used JPEGs was right, but the encrypted bin files, yeah, might be tricky, but hacks could (well, maybe) be executed via the SD as a backdoor as it was on the Wii and the Smash Stack exploit. But yeah, until it can be decrypted, it won't be for a while.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, good, so my assumption that they used JPEGs was right, but the encrypted bin files, yeah, might be tricky, but hacks could (well, maybe) be executed via the SD as a backdoor as it was on the Wii and the Smash Stack exploit. But yeah, until it can be decrypted, it won't be for a while.
My thoughts are that those binary files are comparing filesize, pixel size among other things. Only the game itself can create and write to them currently.

Ill make a video later showing exactly what i mean

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where theres a will theres a way ;). Hell we can decrypt on technically mod isos now, if only we could use said isos XD. Decrypt and resign/fakesign those binaries and we can edit them accordingly and start experimenting...
smash is going to open the door just like it did on the wii i have foreseen it! :yayu:

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash is going to open the door just like it did on the wii i have foreseen it! :yayu:

That's what I'm hoping for :). Uploading the video I created as we speak explaining the current situation. If anybody wants to help out with this effort or plans to use the exploit (if successfully developed), my word of advice, is DELETE ALL WIFI SETTINGS AND ETHERNET SETTINGS! Nintendo will likely patch this right away (after release ;) ). I'm keeping the details of this OPEN to get more people involved, so Nintendo is likely keeping a close eye on this, and if they aren't already, they will be soon.

Once the video is done uploading, I'm going to post it, stay tuned!
Fpsrussia117 I'm putting the arduino project on hold for now. We might have a better shot at this method right now.....

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
That's what I'm hoping for :). Uploading the video I created as we speak explaining the current situation. If anybody wants to help out with this effort or plans to use the exploit (if successfully developed), my word of advice, is DELETE ALL WIFI SETTINGS AND ETHERNET SETTINGS! Nintendo will likely patch this right away (after release ;) ). I'm keeping the details of this OPEN to get more people involved, so Nintendo is likely keeping a close eye on this, and if they aren't already, they will be soon.

Once the video is done uploading, I'm going to post it, stay tuned!
Fpsrussia117 I'm putting the arduino project on hold for now. We might have a better shot at this method right now.....

Smash was an opener last time,this is definitely a better shot.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I just stumbled across a Super Smash Bros. Wii U gamerip and the game has.. 400+ songs? WOW!
6CNBpNK.png

I knew it'd be A LOT but not that much damn Nintendo you outdid yourself! Thank you for all this awesome content!

Knowing this know kinda makes the 2CD Soundtrack pointless but for collectors such as I myself I'm definitely gonna get that for my Smash/Nintendo collection.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just stumbled across a Super Smash Bros. Wii U gamerip and the game has.. 400+ songs? WOW!
6CNBpNK.png

I knew it'd be A LOT but not that much damn Nintendo you outdid yourself! Thank you for all this awesome content!

Knowing this know kinda makes the 2CD Soundtrack pointless but for collectors such as I myself I'm definitely gonna get that for my Smash/Nintendo collection.

That is a helluva lot of songs for sure :P

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

Isn't this kind of how it was for Brawl, and it took a couple weeks for the photo encryption to get reversed?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users