Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh right, yeah, I remember that, but still, but keep in mind that was being rendered at 480p or 720 x 480 max on the Wii. On the Wii U, 60 fps, 1920 x 1080, which again, require tremendous CPU and GPU power to render that many frames for that many characters on screen.

Optimisations ;)

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Oh right, yeah, I remember that, but still, but keep in mind that was being rendered at 480p or 720 x 480 max on the Wii. On the Wii U, 60 fps, 1920 x 1080, which again, require tremendous CPU and GPU power to render that many frames for that many characters on screen.

A bit exaggerated at the "tremendous"... but yes, the Wii U has better specs so of course it is going to perform better.
I can imagine it being quite the clusterfuck, as others have said. Still will be interesting. I am still waiting for a Co-Op story mode, sort of like Subspace Emissary. It had excellent potential, and the mode itself wasn't too bad.

It is not like they are using Brawl's engine, they made a new one.
Optimisations ;)
Yup.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit exaggerated at the "tremendous"... but yes, the Wii U has better specs so of course it is going to perform better.
I can imagine it being quite the clusterfuck, as others have said. Still will be interesting. I am still waiting for a Co-Op story mode, sort of like Subspace Emissary. It had excellent potential, and the mode itself wasn't too bad.

Edited the word to "copious" and yes, it would be hell and confusing, but boy would it be fune XD

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone else want to kill the narrator? :creep:

My opinion on the Nintendo Direct: THIS - IS - AWESOME! :lol:

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
So here i am sat thinking about all the ways of enjoying the 8-player and then suddenly it hits me.

8 PLAYER ROSALINA AND LUMA

surprised-patrick-meme-supernatural.gif

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Nintendo Direct was awesome and OMG 8 players all at the same time! Hell yeah!

I do wish they'd have told us more about what the NGC adapter is able to play other than Smash.

So here i am sat thinking about all the ways of enjoying the 8-player and then suddenly it hits me.

8 PLAYER ROSALINA AND LUMA

surprised-patrick-meme-supernatural.gif

Demon Dean we'll miss ya. :cry:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone else want to kill the narrator? :creep:

My opinion on the Nintendo Direct: THIS - IS - AWESOME! :lol:
The narrator was the best part of the direct.
No... Brawl's engine was capable of it. PhantomWings (SSBB Wii hacker who started Brawl Texture Modding, BrawlEx [Expanding Brawl's Roster to have 100 character max], and more) proved it back in the active Brawl scene. There were tests with 6 and 7 man brawls.

Of course they tweaked it and made it nice and perfect, but it the real issue was coding controller support.
I suspect 4 3DS players and 4 Wii U players
Any controller combination will work for 8p as long as you can connect it. 2 GC adapters with 8 GC controllers is possible. 2 WiiU Pro controllers, 2 Wiimotes, the Gamepad, 1 3DS and 2 GC controllers is also possible.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The narrator was the best part of the direct.

Any controller combination will work for 8p as long as you can connect it. 2 GC adapters with 8 GC controllers is possible. 2 WiiU Pro controllers, 2 Wiimotes, the Gamepad, 1 3DS and 2 GC controllers is also possible.

Which is also nucking futs, there will be chaos, and I love it :evil:

PhantomWings' clone engine is a real pain in the ass to run properly and is very picky on the file/folder layout.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
For a good while now.

Bayonetta 2's already being forgotten due to Super Smash Bros.!

I don't care, still getting both! (Wii U fanboy spotted, hiding myself inb4 flame starts :moogle:)

Just kidding, both games seems awesome ! :P

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Which is also nucking futs, there will be chaos, and I love it :evil:

PhantomWings's* [grammar-nazi activated, I could not help it] clone engine is a real pain in the ass to run properly and is very picky on the file/folder layout.

Its not like PW made Brawl! His work is pretty incredible, and I disagree, the structure makes perfect sense

I'm wondering... are they planning on having 4 Wii U Tablets on one Wii U?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Actually you do not need the "s" after the apostrophe when the apostrophe is preceded by an "s".
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp

Wrong. This is a misconception that started because of the price of ink and books.
Any English Professor (college graduate level) will tell you this is the case,

e.g. : PhantomWings's dog barked. - correct : Shows "PhantomWings" is possessive of the dog.
PhantomWings' dog barked. - incorrect : This makes PhantomWings non-possessive of the dog, and instead "many PhantomWings."

The grammar of "which one is correct" is under debate actually, but in old English it was for possessives.
Then $$$ came along for printing books, and that little character that occasionally pops up adds up in cost when you print lots of copies!

But hey, we are not here for grammar, just was a Nazi right there. :P
In other news, Mewtwo Amiibo is likely, and that is the real delay reason for the DLC.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm wondering... are they planning on having 4 Wii U Tablets on one Wii U?

It's a controller with a touchscreen which itself doesn't make it a tablet because it requires an external console to run it off from.

For the 8 player mode it could be the following: 1x Wii U GamePad, 6x Wii U Pro Controllers or 8x GameCube Controllers (2x NGC Adapters & 8x NGC Controllers).

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong. This is a misconception that started because of the price of ink and books.
Any English Professor (college graduate level) will tell you this is the case,

e.g. : PhantomWings's dog barked. - correct : Shows "PhantomWings" is possessive of the dog.
PhantomWings' dog barked. - incorrect : This makes PhantomWings non-possessive of the dog, and instead "many PhantomWings."

The grammar of "which one is correct" is under debate actually, but in old English it was for possessives.
Then $$$ came along for printing books, and that little character that occasionally pops up adds up in cost when you print lots of copies!

But hey, we are not here for grammar, just was a Nazi right there. :P
In other news, Mewtwo Amiibo is likely, and that is the real delay reason for the DLC.
It may have been incorrect back in the day (though you have provided no source), but it is not the case in the modern world. According to the Oxford Dictionary, it comes down to whether you would pronounce that extra "s" when it comes to proper nouns, so it would be up to the writers' intent of how he meant for it to be pronounced.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/apostrophe

yes, that should be "writer's", but I want to make your inner grammar nazi go insane

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a controller with a touchscreen which itself doesn't make it a tablet because it requires an external console to run it off from.

For the 8 player mode it could be the following: 1x Wii U GamePad, 6x Wii U Pro Controllers or 8x GameCube Controllers (2x NGC Adapters & 8x NGC Controllers).
I think you can only connect 4 Wiimotes/pro controllers at a time, so 3 of those 8 would have to be GC or 3DSes.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hm, Nintendo's going to clarify that but honestly, the days of local multiplayer are long gone now it's all online.

I can't wait to get my Super Smash Bros. Bundle!:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup