Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl+ (Plus!)

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you begin. "tourneyfag, play Brawl like it's meant to be played, items, lolfoxfinaldestinationonly" This is for those who lost their interest for Brawl (me). This will definitely keep it alive for those who were looking for competitive play (not saying Brawl isn't competitive but you get what I mean) since the first time you heard there was a Super Smash Bros. for the Wii. I'm going to support this project 'cause it's awesome like that. I highly recommend watching some of the videos because there's actually combos. Yes, I said it. Brawl+ has COMBOS.

This is GBAtemp's official Brawl+ topic.

What is Brawl+? Visit the official Brawl+ website:
http://brawlplus.net/about/

Download Brawl+ now!
http://brawlplus.net/download/

Latest official build is 7.0.2 Final Gold Release

If there are any questions, you may post them in this topic or you can ask them here:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209
or get instant help from the live chat:
http://brawlplus.net/irc/

There are no ISO modifications so you are not doing anything illegal - Brawl+'s intention is not to have anything illegal involved so if you do anything outside of what Brawl+ recommends, you are on your own. All that's being used are codes. Its like how you add codes to have cheats. We add codes to modify the game (like how cheats modify the games too).

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: PAL codes coming out on March 9. I'll update once it comes out! Look forward to it PAL users!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ha ha. No respectable setup will use a modded form of Brawl in any sort of tourney play, at least any that I can think of. Especially not if it's associated with Ninty at all. Nice attempt at a selling point, though.

And I'm sure most of the desynching occurs due to the fact that both game clients aren't behaving in the same way; that much should be obvious.

I respect that you're trying to play the game in a way which you find fun, but it kinda sounds like you're trying to force your view of Brawl on everyone else.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Ah ha ha. No respectable setup will use a modded form of Brawl in any sort of tourney play, at least any that I can think of. Especially not if it's associated with Ninty at all. Nice attempt at a selling point, though.

And I'm sure most of the desynching occurs due to the fact that both game clients aren't behaving in the same way; that much should be obvious.

I respect that you're trying to play the game in a way which you find fun, but it kinda sounds like you're trying to force your view of Brawl on everyone else.

QUOTEThis is for those who lost their interest for Brawl (me).

And tournies are hosted not according to Nintendo. If you're a competitive Melee player, you'd understand if you visited Smashboards.com frequently when Melee was very popular. Tournaments were hosted underground, in houses, basements, etc. Money was involved and lots of other things. Same applies for this. Once the community has agreed on the standards for codes, it'd be released as a final and thats where tournies are going to be involved. At the moment, it's still in the beta phase.

Desynching happens because the player may not have the same codes as the other player. If both are exactly the same, it is very unlikely desynch will occure. And when desynch does happen, it is noticeable (even if you're not beside the person). I have experience from playing SSB64 Online - when desynch happens, the other character starts to do stupid things like commit suicide and attack nothing but empty space. There have been videos that prove that WiFi does certainly work.

I'm not here to persuade people to like Brawl+. I am here to spread the words to those who lost interest in the game and wished for it to be technical and competitive in the first place.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. Check out http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

And apparently L-canceling is automatic.. so no click of a button to reduce lag.
frown.gif
Oh well, I'm still loving the combos.

neji64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its alright but I know something that can make all of ur characters go faster and stronger than the video u showed, its called superhuman

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neji64 said:
Its alright but I know something that can make all of ur characters go faster and stronger than the video u showed, its called superhuman

I have no idea what idea you're talking about. Was that suppose to be a joke?

Edit: Editted first post. Quoted a list of videos from Smashboards to view what its like to play Brawl+. It definitely gives a lot more chance to low priority characters like Link, Sonic, etc.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Than there wouldn't be any point to the game. Brawl+ is made so its more competitive and balanced for the roster. Not like the usual Brawl you see where its mainly Snake, Metaknight, Falco, and DDD in the competitive scene. Especially Metaknight (Neutral B spam, UpB spam, DownSmash spam). Basically.. you don't even need cheats to make a cheap character. Just choose Metaknight.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDRPenguin said:
King Dedede is in the competitive scene? WOW!! I love King Dedede!

So, is Brawl+ playable on the wii as an ISO we need to run through homebrew?

Sorry, I'm not too clear on that. I haven't played Brawl+ yet honestly. I'm going to when I get time. My midterms are almost done..

But I think its like this: load cheats with Brawl running inside the Wii is all you need. You need a hardmodded or softmodded Wii, an SD card, a copy of Twilight Princess (temporarily and must be real).

The PAL codes are currently being worked on. This is only for NTSC at the moment. Sorry PAL users. I'll update once they provide PAL codes.

And yes, DDD's a top tier. Metaknight's just SS/god tier. He's that good that he gets a tier on its own. I hope someone using NTSC can do some WiFi testing with me when I'm done midterms.. I'd love to play Brawl+.

The most recent codes are 3.1 beta as of Feb. 20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more