Super Smash Bros. Brawl Legacy XP Mod released

xsdIO7N (1).png

Super Smash Bros. Legacy XP, a massive brawl mod released today. Based on Project M, it's plan is to combine older mods Project M XP and Smash Legacy into one (and add even more).

Individual versions are available for Wii and Dolphin. Be warned, you will need at least an 8GB SD card to run through the homebrew launcher.

Key Features include:
  • 700+ Stages (Alternates available by button combinations)
  • New Playable Characters: Geno, Lucina, Metal Sonic, Ridley, Waluigi
  • Restoration of Melee fighters: Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy, Young Link
  • 100+ New Skins
  • 50+ New Music Tracks
  • 3 New Features + Modes
  • Features Melee's official announcer (Link)

Last edited by Hking0036,

Chris313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Omg looks awesome! I have a question tho I have the CD for super smash bros brawl but it has disc problems like disc couldn't be read so will it work properly? And also if i use sub loader will it work?

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this really pisses me off, I have no idea HOW to launch this with USB Loader GX. When I copy folder from project M, project M start. When I copy legacy Xp folder, it's regular smash who start... -_____- no instruction for USB loader.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this really pisses me off, I have no idea HOW to launch this with USB Loader GX. When I copy folder from project M, project M start. When I copy legacy Xp folder, it's regular smash who start... -_____- no instruction for USB loader.
Are you sure you are using the codes enabled?
Be sure you copy the codes too since I think those are required by USBLGX.

Also, another thing to take into consideration is that maybe both project M and this new hack collide with each other.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess everyone forgot about my Super Smash Bros. X mod.

Offtopic:
Can you mod WBFS files or rebuild them from the WBFS files?

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure you are using the codes enabled?
Be sure you copy the codes too since I think those are required by USBLGX.

Also, another thing to take into consideration is that maybe both project M and this new hack collide with each other.
Yes I did, but it doesn't work in any way...

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geno? That...wouldn't be that puppet dude from Super Mario RPG, would it? What an incredibly random minor character to choose for a fighter. I would've thought at least a protagonist like Cecil Harvey would've been selected.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geno? That...wouldn't be that puppet dude from Super Mario RPG, would it? What an incredibly random minor character to choose for a fighter. I would've thought at least a protagonist like Cecil Harvey would've been selected.
yep. Everyone on the Internet adores Mario RPG, though.

fallenangemon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blegh! Only Partial luck running this via USB Loader...

Which sucks because even if you path the codes properly you can get it to Load up normally, play the intro, load the menus, but the second you try to access the character selection screen it crashing with the annoying buzz...So no one has this setup on USB Loader GX as of now?

I can't figure out if it's JUST a matter of the codes not pathing correctly or not...It technically should work unless this beta build was specifically made to exclude USB Loaded games...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blegh! Only Partial luck running this via USB Loader...

Which sucks because even if you path the codes properly you can get it to Load up normally, play the intro, load the menus, but the second you try to access the character selection screen it crashing with the annoying buzz...So no one has this setup on USB Loader GX as of now?

I can't figure out if it's JUST a matter of the codes not pathing correctly or not...It technically should work unless this beta build was specifically made to exclude USB Loaded games...
I gotten the same result. Even when using project m or brawl minus. I use the game disc by the way. I tried to set it up on my usb flash drive instead of SD card but i forgot how. I think it requires riivolution but i dunno anything about how to make the file needed to make it work. I think is a xml file with html format text, but i usually download such things and just hope it works.

Personally i prefer the old method of Riifs, i used to be able to play mods from online servers with riivolution by switching to each one like Brawl plus, Brawl minus, Project m and such. But i can't seem to get it working anymore, it was fun and easy way for me to test mods without much trouble. Especially copying large files to the storage device. :unsure:

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i can't lie. I like this. I wish i could play it in HD with dolphin emu But my PC needs a upgrade for it. I could use it on wii u but 8 GB? That like a $40 Expansion LOL Nice work :)

I'm a fan of brawl minus and still is but that projcet is gone. I have a question though. Two to be honest.
  1. I remember the homebrew RIIvolution is used to patch retail game disc with custom mod files. It also have something called Riird with i think allows connections to servers who hosted Game mods, to play using online connection. Do any still work? I like to try using that again if possible.
  2. Second is, If anyone is familiar with Ultra street fighter IV for PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4. It received a update that called edition select. It allows you to choose which version of character you wish to play as (example First game with no balance changes, Second Super street fighetr VI with more balance changes, latest ultra SFIV most balance changes) I was gonna ask if a system like that maybe can be modded into a game like (og SSB N64 SSBM GC SSBB Wii SSBU wii u And maybe a huge broken character mode with so many buffs) Kinda like brawl minus standards. I dunno who would want do do such thing, but i would totally play that. :)

We released a new Brawl Minus version the same day as LXP

fallenangemon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working on USB Loader GX! ASK ME ANYTHING <3

First off, make sure that the "GC" file from the Legacy XP package is renamed to "gameconfig" and placed on the ROOT of the SD card. Move the .gct files to the codes folder along with the RSBEXP text file.

Make sure that the Hookthread type is set to AXNextFrame!

Not sure what else I fiddled with...I followed that tutorial I had posted earlier so that I can run PM and Brawl and Brawl Minus seperately and now it all works properly.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find any updates or patches we may come out with linked in our Discord server. Here's a join link for anyone interested. There is also a healthy netplay community there.

https://discord.gg/FbFjc

Brawl Minus 4.0bc [Minus Art] (mirror)

Brawl Minus 4.0bc [vBrawl Art]

Brawl Minus 4.0bc Netplay
So are you a progammer of the mod or something? Also i dunno whichever one i would use....
And on top of that i would have to find a way to use it with riivolution anyway.:unsure:

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you a progammer of the mod or something? Also i dunno whichever one i would use....
And on top of that i would have to find a way to use it with riivolution anyway.:unsure:

Predominantly i do Research and Development, but also character programming as well yea. I'm more of a general dev, i kinda do a little of everything.

The default build we offer is the Minus Art version and has redesigned character art portraits. The vBrawl art has redesigned vBrawl art portraits. The netplay build is a standard Dolphin 5.0 netplay build with Minus installed in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking