Hacking [Super] Rugby League 3 Wii - Problems

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chicken11 said:
i can confirm game works fully if i remove cioscorps 3.5,i removed from wii and loaded game using neogamma and works 100 %, but have put cioscorps 3.6 on and game is demo only again, with 3.5 on sing it star michael jackson would not load using disc channel but now 3.6 is on sing it mj loads, i have got cios 38 rev 17 on cause mj would not ;load using 19 but might put 19 back on just to c if rugby league 3 will fully work,works great with out cioscorps on so may be this might help all the clever people who make all of this wonderful stuff work, may be cioscorps 3.7 will help,hope this has helped

Just to be clear.

Test 1:
Cioscorp installed, run NeoGamma, NeoGamma is using IOS249, game is demo only

Test 2:
Clean game IOS installed, no cIOS change, NeoGamma is still using IOS249, game runs fine

Is it like that? If yes, that's stupid protection, again only against modchip users.

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
chicken11 said:
i can confirm game works fully if i remove cioscorps 3.5,i removed from wii and loaded game using neogamma and works 100 %, but have put cioscorps 3.6 on and game is demo only again, with 3.5 on sing it star michael jackson would not load using disc channel but now 3.6 is on sing it mj loads, i have got cios 38 rev 17 on cause mj would not ;load using 19 but might put 19 back on just to c if rugby league 3 will fully work,works great with out cioscorps on so may be this might help all the clever people who make all of this wonderful stuff work, may be cioscorps 3.7 will help,hope this has helped

Just to be clear.

Test 1:
Cioscorp installed, run NeoGamma, NeoGamma is using IOS249, game is demo only

Test 2:
Clean game IOS installed, no cIOS change, NeoGamma is still using IOS249, game runs fine

Is it like that? If yes, that's stupid protection, again only against modchip users.

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
can you please help little more, my wii is 4.1e with out cioscorps game works great but when i put cioscorps back on i can only play demo, my wii is soft mod no chip, neogamma r8 cios 38 rev 17, would 19 help, please help, every game i got works except this 1

Posts merged

what does clean game mean?

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
can some 1 please add a reply, my wii 4.1e soft mod nochip, if i remove cioscorps and play game using neogamma 8 cios 38 rev 17 ,i am using dvd disc, game works great,i can play single match and its all unlocked, how ever i like the way i can play my back up games using disc channel, so if i put cioscorps v 3.6 back on wii, the game will only let me play demo again using disc channel or neogamma, i want to leave cioscorps on cause its the only way i can have guitar hero 5 and band hero working as they wont load using neogamma,so can anybody pleae help, my wii 4.1e cioscorps v3.6, neogamma r8 cios 38 rev 17, would it help if i put cios 38 rev 19 back on, i want to be able to play games using disc channel but want to play rugby league 3 a fully unlocked game, whats my set up options many thanks

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like I'll need to keep NeoGamma (r8) on my usb card for a while... it loads RL3 with no issues at all. Mine is 4.2 using the latest (redone today) 'modify any wii 4.2' guide here on GBAtemp.net. Gonna post the issue in the USB Loader GX forums... as I really love their loader and would rather use it for everything when possible... but glad to be able to play some Rugby League.

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
just to confirm. my wii is 4.1e no chip cioscorps 3.6 no 3.6 extra, neogamma 6,7 and 8, cios 38 rev 19, i can only play demo using disc channel or neogamma, how ever to play a fully unlocked version i have to remove cioscorps and play using neogamma, this gives me a fully unlocked game, its weird, has any body played full version using cioscorps or neogamma with cioscorps on wii,i dont mean usb but dvd-r, can any bodyhelp please,is it just cioscorps that is the problem ,every game i got works either using disc channel or neogamma but this game wont play ball

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
can raidercrusade please say what excatly they got on there wii,etc ...how they playing it,i can only get demo version if i leave cioscorps on, i can play fully unlocked game if i remove cioscorps but i want to leave cioscorps on, is any body playing a fully unlocked game with cioscorps on there wii ? if so how, please tell me

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Still only playing via NeoGamma for me... but that's fine, just one game... maybe a future update from for USB Loader GX will fix it for me... don't care enough to change to another main loader.

For the game I'm playing it with the wiimote only. I found kicking and passing with wiimote+nunchuck wasn't very precise (sometimes wouldn't pick up a move/pass). With wiimote only I find passing and kicking way more responsive, though sometimes when I want to sidestep/barge (hold b and shunt wiimote left/right/forward) i end up passing by accident... but still find it better to play with those simple controls. Would be nice to try with a classic controller too, if i had one.

kian525

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone post their configurable usb files (if it works lol)

yea im bumped out of the rest of the stuff to and it sucks
frown.gif

GO THE TIGERS
wink.gif

i get an error on neogamma r8

any help?

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
On my Wii softmod I have installed:

Wii Menu 4.1 E
Configurable USB Loader
Bannerbomb
BootMii as Boot2
Homebrew Channel
Downgraded IOS 15 (trucha)
IOS 249
Patched IOS36
IOS60
Hermes 222 and 223 m-load

Pretty much, just a guide I followed last year which was posted on YaFaze (Site which got shut down and owner who got fined 1.5 million for NSMBW).

EDIT: I got all these spec things from the guide, I still had a copy of it.

darebear

Trophies
XP
Country
ive even tried ciosx rev19 over ios 36 and still got demo mode.. im using usbloader gx on 4.2e. can anyone help how to get this game workin as im fed up with demo mode......

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a simple protection on this, through all loaders, and i've read multiple replies in this very post telling what the protection is and the only current way to get it to work. Why dont people just take 10 mins to read the whole thread, instead of reading the first post and then replying for help. Rare.

Anyhow .. this game simply checks your IOS53, if it as any patches (trucha, etc..) it wont work. To get the game to work, just use Dop-mii and select IOS53 to install and when it asks if you want apply each patch, just select 'no'. The game WILL work then.

Unfortunately, a few games need to have IOS53 patched to work (NSMBW, Some wiiware games, etc). So, the only way to play all games, currently, is to reinstall IOS53 (unpatched) before playing RL3, then reinstall IOS53 (with patches) after finished.

NOTE: You can play NSMBW by using a patched copy, I think, and some ppl may not play any of the other titles that need a patched IOS53, so just installing a clean, unpatched IOS53 Will suffice for them permanently, only yourself can really know if you need the IOS patched or not. Give it a go, and see if any of the other titles you play need to have 53 with patches applied. Either way, if you wanna play RL3 you need an unpatched IOS53 (install via Dop-Mii).

For the various loaders, I was thinking if its possible to select a 'custom' IOS to start games, say IOS251 for example, we could use Dop-Mii to install an unpatched IOS53 in slot 251, thus leaving the trucha'd 53 intact for NSMBW & other titles that need it. I am no Wii prohrammer so have no idea how difficult it would be to add another 'custom' IOS slot (ie./ 251) to each loader, but imagine as most can already switch between 222,223,224,249 & 250 it wouldn't be too difficult. Or, someone could try it via disc using softchip loader, and choosing a custom IOS that is basically an unpatched 53. I do t have this on DVD-R else I would test it, Its not my type of game, I just had to post the simple fix here as each day I login, I see more replies asking how to play in full-mode.

Anyhow, thats how to unlock this game and an idea on a permanent fix, so if anyone wants to really play this, yet want their IOS53 left patched for othrr games, try the Softchip with custom 251, as detailed above ..
hope I've helped those wanting to play this in more than just demo mode .. :>

darebear

Trophies
XP
Country
resincake said:
There is a simple protection on this, through all loaders, and i've read multiple replies in this very post telling what the protection is and the only current way to get it to work. Why dont people just take 10 mins to read the whole thread, instead of reading the first post and then replying for help. Rare.

Anyhow .. this game simply checks your IOS53, if it as any patches (trucha, etc..) it wont work. To get the game to work, just use Dop-mii and select IOS53 to install and when it asks if you want apply each patch, just select 'no'. The game WILL work then.

Unfortunately, a few games need to have IOS53 patched to work (NSMBW, Some wiiware games, etc). So, the only way to play all games, currently, is to reinstall IOS53 (unpatched) before playing RL3, then reinstall IOS53 (with patches) after finished.

NOTE: You can play NSMBW by using a patched copy, I think, and some ppl may not play any of the other titles that need a patched IOS53, so just installing a clean, unpatched IOS53 Will suffice for them permanently, only yourself can really know if you need the IOS patched or not. Give it a go, and see if any of the other titles you play need to have 53 with patches applied. Either way, if you wanna play RL3 you need an unpatched IOS53 (install via Dop-Mii).

For the various loaders, I was thinking if its possible to select a 'custom' IOS to start games, say IOS251 for example, we could use Dop-Mii to install an unpatched IOS53 in slot 251, thus leaving the trucha'd 53 intact for NSMBW & other titles that need it. I am no Wii prohrammer so have no idea how difficult it would be to add another 'custom' IOS slot (ie./ 251) to each loader, but imagine as most can already switch between 222,223,224,249 & 250 it wouldn't be too difficult. Or, someone could try it via disc using softchip loader, and choosing a custom IOS that is basically an unpatched 53. I do t have this on DVD-R else I would test it, Its not my type of game, I just had to post the simple fix here as each day I login, I see more replies asking how to play in full-mode.

Anyhow, thats how to unlock this game and an idea on a permanent fix, so if anyone wants to really play this, yet want their IOS53 left patched for othrr games, try the Softchip with custom 251, as detailed above ..
hope I've helped those wanting to play this in more than just demo mode .. :>

tried this with dop mii v12 and still no luck. only demo mode. thanks for yoru help anyway dude but this is really doin me head in

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know if this works, but I read on another forum that a guy changed his IOS53 to totally unpatched, but it still wouldn't work fully via disc. Eventually, he sorted it by using softchip to force the game to initially start by using the unpatched IOS53.

As I said, this isn't something I myself have done, but I figured this guys experience was worth relaying as another option to try.
Hope this helps and gets it sorted for you.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think you need to meet the following requirements in order to play the game:
- The actually used IOS needs to be able to read the disc(easy)
- The IOS the game thinks it is using needs to be a clean IOS(unpatched IOS53)
- The game needs to think it is using IOS53(disc channel + modchip + no bad priiloader hack or recent 002 fix->in NeoGamma always on, in all other usb loaders it's an option)

I think when running the game in GX the game knows that it is running IOS249, and checks if IOS249 is trucha signed...

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
installed dark corp full version, my wii 4.1e darkcorp full version neogamma 8 cios 38 rev 19 and still locked out to demo mode using disc channel or neogamma using disc,please help

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
you tried darkcorp ? First, that obviously uses a patched 53 ..

To be honest, I'm not repeating it again, but if YOU WANT TO PLAY RL3, READ MY FIRST REPLY, one page back. If that doesn't work simply do exactly the same, but use softchip to load the game using the IOS53.
Why don't you actually read what people suggest and do what they say. Rare. Even wiipower as explained in layman's terms what the game needs, just 2 posts back. Well, the answer is there, but if you cant be bothered to follow simple instructions, I'm done repeating it..

Good Luck (I think you'll need it)

SwissCM

Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't an easier solution be to find out the RAM location that holds the information on whether it should be in Demo mode or not and force it off using a cheat file? It would mean no messing around with IOSes.

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
finally got it working fully but at a cost of a few games,using un patched ios 53 but now few games wont play using disc channel but gonna try the custom 251 trick and c what happens,thanks every 1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1