Hacking [Super] Rugby League 3 Wii - Problems

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh im not worried, Someone Will get this fixed... Just a matter of them Fixing Galaxy 2 before this thats all... i know its a while away... but im not in any rush, just as long as Galaxy 2 Works, ill be happy... it'll prolly be the last game i ever get for the wii...

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
rizzod said:
Eh im not worried, Someone Will get this fixed... Just a matter of them Fixing Galaxy 2 before this thats all... i know its a while away... but im not in any rush, just as long as Galaxy 2 Works, ill be happy... it'll prolly be the last game i ever get for the wii...

You got to get Monster Hunter 3 too dont forget
smile.gif
its going to be the closest game on Wii for trading rare items, adventuring online rpg.

This game wii get cracked & this protection will never be used again i bet (hope)
wacko.gif

fruitgull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an old modchip installed (Argon). I can confirm that the game works completely when started from USB with Neogamma or Wiiflow, but NOT with USB Loader GX!

Any theories why it works in some Loaders but not in others?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
At another board
xxxxx says: game is copyrighted, copy right removed i got the tool called signa debox that removes the security i got it off a jap site .
When i hit Him up to say he was talking rubbish it seemed i got this reply
xxxxx says: what wrong with you??it is patched to rename code lines and not to remove files out of it and put smaller ones in it the code inside that need to be written is at lines 600 to 1900 that where the security look up is as for the tool it self maybe if u google it and find what iam on about then u can test it yourself what it removes but it is useless if u dont know japanese like i do.....

This is all bullshit ?? what the hell is he editing.... the iso ?

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Demo play is fun, wiimote+nunchuck passing I find inconsistent, but wiimote sideways works great... but I too look forward to if we get a chance to unlock the full game. I am using USB Loader GX w/ my soft modded wii NTSC 4.3 (using the guide found here on gbatemp).

widiot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works perfectly on my soft mod wii with Configurable USB loader,tho if I use USB loader GX on same machine is only the demo mode available.

GC controller is a must for this game
mellow.gif

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
I can confirm fully working cIOS19 using 57 with Wiiflow, i used Wii remote sideways and GC controller. I played quick match and competition.

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
my wii is 4.1e cioscorps 3.5 neogamma 8,7,6 rev 17 and i can only get demo play using any of my loaders, please please help, i did have rev 19 on but could not for the life of me get sing it star michael jackson to load, as soon as i took 19 off and re installed 17,mj worked a treat

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
My wii is 4.1E with BootMii, HBC, WiiFlow cIOS19-57 and Hermes 222&223 and thats about it. I can get all guitar heros and rock bands to work and i didnt edit any setting within Wiiflow. All i did was:
Turn on Wii
Clicked Wiiflow Channel, Start.
Browsed to Rugby League 3, Clicked PLAY.
Thats it. I dont know what other info i could provide.

clean83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x_r3ap3r_x said:
My wii is 4.1E with BootMii, HBC, WiiFlow cIOS19-57 and Hermes 222&223 and thats about it. I can get all guitar heros and rock bands to work and i didnt edit any setting within Wiiflow. All i did was:
Turn on Wii
Clicked Wiiflow Channel, Start.
Browsed to Rugby League 3, Clicked PLAY.
Thats it. I dont know what other info i could provide.

x_r3ap3r_x, i am new to the wii homebrew community. i would like to run RL3 on a US wii. Could you please help me install BootMii, HBC, WiiFlow cIOS19-57, and Hermes 222&223?

I have downloaded the hackmii_installer_v0.6. Once I install run boot.elf through an SD card, what gets installed? How can I install WiiFlow cIOS19-57 or Hermes 222&223? After I install HBC? Sorry for the noob question, but I'd like to know the best and easiest way to run RL3. Do I have to install BannerBomb?

Perhaps you can list the step-by-step way to install on my wii. Thanks.

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
Bannerbomb is an exploit not an install file, all the info you need is on these forums thats if you used search! Or you can find all the info you need here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home

EDIT
I just softmodded a friend brand new black wii with: Priloader, HBC, cIOS17-38, Hermes 222,223 and WiiFlow and Rugby League 3 works perfectly. So i dont think its cIOS19 that makes it work as Chicken11 said.
unsure.gif

clean83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x_r3ap3r_x said:
I just softmodded a friend brand new black wii with: Priloader, HBC, cIOS17-38, Hermes 222,223 and WiiFlow and Rugby League 3 works perfectly. So i dont think its cIOS19 that makes it work as Chicken11 said.
unsure.gif

Okay. I am no longer a noob, but i still have a lot to learn about wii homebrew. i bought a brand new US wii today and imported RL3 this week. Coming from the relatively straight forward PS2 dev / homebrew situation, the Wii homebrew situation is overwhelming to say the least. the installers are so complicated and there's so much information out there it's just amazing. But yeah I installed a recent version of HBC through bannerbomb. installed cIOSx.rev19 first on IOS249. But I seemed to have some problems running WAD-Manager with that version. (when i tried to add channels i got an error) So then I ran the scanning thing in BootMii, then installed cIOS38_rev14 on IOS250, and after that I was able to add channels through WAD-Manager 1.4.

Anyway, I tried running the PAL DVD through a DVD Loader. I tried NeoGammaR8, and NeoGammaR7 and a few others but no dice. I kept getting a DVD read error. So then I tried to run the game from my 8GB USB flash drive. I installed WBFS Manager on my PC, formatted my USB flash drive to WBFS, then imported / compressed the RL3 iso into WBFS manager. Then I stuck my USB drive into the USB slot in the back of the Wii. (the slot near the bottom of the wii, the top slot doesn't work) and usbloader gx finally loaded and displayed RL3. Since I'm on a US Wii i forced NTSC, but then i got a 202 error. So then I enabled the anti 202 fix and lo and behold the game loaded from my USB FLASH DRIVE. Fully functional. I was over the moon!

A few things, though. usbloader gx 1.0 worked for me. (i think it may be the original version, not a revision) When I tried usbloader revision 921, the game loaded, but i could only do a quick match. everything else was locked) i messed around with some settings and eventually r921 wouldn't even start anymore, even after removing the channel and re-installing it!
unsure.gif
so that was weird. but i just went back to the usbloader original 1.0 version through the homebrew channel apps, and the game is fully functional. i also was able to launch the game fully functional through neogammar7's USB loading option. (they didnt even have an option for a 202 fix, it just worked surprisingly) i'm playing it through there now.

This has been quite an adventure for me installing homebrew on the wii and finally getting RL3 running. i am glad i did because the game is great. i am using the gamecube controller at the moment.

the game is surprisingly running smooth through my 8GB USB flash drive. (i thought i may have needed to get a HDD with a power supply, but i am amazed at how well everything runs from the USB flash drive (even the videos). i am very happy at the moment. I was disappointed rugby league 3 didn't get released in the states but i am glad to have imported the game and found a way to get it to run on my US wii. if anyone has any questions or has some suggestions on helping me with wii homebrew feel free to chime in.

Now it's time to get back to the game.
yaywii.gif

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
I know that new Wii's have new drive in them that will never (well not yet) be able to play backups i am unaware if its the same for imports, but how you worded your post it seems that you downloaded the iso ( not ripping it yourself). The link i posted above ^^^ will tell you almost everything (if not everything) about Softmodding.

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
i can confirm game works fully if i remove cioscorps 3.5,i removed from wii and loaded game using neogamma and works 100 %, but have put cioscorps 3.6 on and game is demo only again, with 3.5 on sing it star michael jackson would not load using disc channel but now 3.6 is on sing it mj loads, i have got cios 38 rev 17 on cause mj would not ;load using 19 but might put 19 back on just to c if rugby league 3 will fully work,works great with out cioscorps on so may be this might help all the clever people who make all of this wonderful stuff work, may be cioscorps 3.7 will help,hope this has helped

clean83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x_r3ap3r_x said:
I know that new Wii's have new drive in them that will never (well not yet) be able to play backups i am unaware if its the same for imports, but how you worded your post it seems that you downloaded the iso ( not ripping it yourself). The link i posted above ^^^ will tell you almost everything (if not everything) about Softmodding.

I don't know what you mean about the first part. I have a new wii (LU406208642) and i was able to burn the backup through WBFS manager to my USB flash drive and started with usbloader gx. (the original version, not a revision) with 202 error fix on.

And no, i did in fact import RL3, and tried loading the original disc through various DVD loaders, but for some reason the game wouldn't load. (perhaps because the console is still set to only read US region discs) or perhaps i didn't install something correctly that would have allowed original DVDs or backups to load from any region.

At the moment, the DVD drive can only read US games. i would prefer to run the original PAL DVD or a backup through the disc drive but i haven't been able to get it to recognize anything other than a US wii disc. I didn't download the iso. i created a disc image through ImgBurn from the original DVD. And then i imported and compressed the iso through WBFS Manager. the filesize of the iso became under 3 GBs, where the iso was ~4.6 GB when originally created / burned through ImgBurn from the original DVD. That's what WBFS Manager does. It compresses the iso to any game and puts it in a file system that the wii is able to read it from the USB drive.

if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the original PAL game to run on a US Wii. (or a backup DVD-R of the game) let me know because i would like to know how to do that, but as of now at least i can play the game that i imported through a USB loader. Perhaps it is possible to export the modified compressed iso from WBFS Manager and burn that iso onto a DVD-R? Perhaps then the DVD loaders would be able to read the native WBFS file system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That sounds really cool
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Please dont go we need you.