Homebrew super paper mario not working im getting so angry help!

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have done this so many times i am actually threw up because i got so frusterated.

Ok i got a iso and burned it right? (well first i patched it to avoid a brick) i put it in and it brings that annoying warning screen for the wrist strap then it shows to hold the remote sideways and then the screen goes black and gives me a disk error why?!?!??!?!?!?!

If any of this info helps...

backup loader 0.3 gamma is my launcher

I tried NOT patching it the second time, as my friend said that my wii was version 3.3 version 2 or something and diden't need it.

Im using DVD+r i know that dosen't work on some wii's but sonic unleashed and ac:wii are +r and they work fine.

I tried rebooting it with hooks and nothing still works.

i burned it with image burn and tried to first not change the book type then did change the book type to dvd rom, nothing STILL works

i set the write speed to 2.4x

So can someone PLEASE help me? i'm attempting to keep as calm as possible but it's impossible when i try everything and this happens OVER AND OVER again!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
kbf said:
you sure? and should i patch it? and why would 4 work?

If the game region is different from your Wii's region then you should brickblock it. And there is no guarantee that burning at 4x will work for you. It might work or it might not but you can try. If it doesn't work then you can try on a dvd-r. Just don't lose patience
smile.gif

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im playing the game just fine. ive burned the game to a verbatim dvd-r with imgburn at 4x. im more than half way through the game. on the other hand, you can always buy the damn thing.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um this site is a site about illegaly getting games anyway lol, but i really want this game...

does anyone have a case of it working on dvd+r?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbf said:
Um this site is a site about illegaly getting games anyway lol, but i really want this game...

does anyone have a case of it working on dvd+r?

actually, it isnt. i think you are gonna have to either buy new dvds or the game. which ever way, you are buying something.
tongue.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
kbf said:
I have done this so many times i am actually threw up because i got so frusterated.

Ok i got a iso and burned it right? (well first i patched it to avoid a brick) i put it in and it brings that annoying warning screen for the wrist strap then it shows to hold the remote sideways and then the screen goes black and gives me a disk error why?!?!??!?!?!?!

If any of this info helps...

backup loader 0.3 gamma is my launcher

I tried NOT patching it the second time, as my friend said that my wii was version 3.3 version 2 or something and diden't need it.

Im using DVD+r i know that dosen't work on some wii's but sonic unleashed and ac:wii are +r and they work fine.

I tried rebooting it with hooks and nothing still works.

i burned it with image burn and tried to first not change the book type then did change the book type to dvd rom, nothing STILL works

i set the write speed to 2.4x

So can someone PLEASE help me? i'm attempting to keep as calm as possible but it's impossible when i try everything and this happens OVER AND OVER again!
I recommend you get so angry that you turn into the Incredible Hulk and smash you Wii until the disk starts working.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I talked to someone who is using the same settings, same burning program and burn settings, same DVD+R brand and his works while mine still gets a "This game cannot be read" error after the wrist strap warning thing. The only difference between mine and his is that mine is 3.3 v2 and his is 3.3 v1. Would my firmware have anything do with this? Or would my wii hardware have something to do with it? I'm just really confused at this.

deviljr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
have u tried using his disk in ur wii and vice versa? maybe its ur wii's laser thats worn out or ur dvd writter is stuffed? there are so many factors involved, just go through the process of elimination.

im using a 3.3Ev2 wii and that games works great for me.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just suggest you use DVD-R. After only getting half the compatibility with the crappy Memorex DVD+Rs I found (and I couldn't change the booktype either, because of my sucky burner), I just got some Verbatim DVD-Rs.
But if you still don't want to buy ANYTHING... I guess you can try to change the booktype to DVD-ROM in Imgburn... Though I can't guarantee that it will work.
But the real answer is to use better media.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
er....say that in english?

anyway the friend lives like 1000 miles away lol, and my disk drive is fine. Like i said animal crossing and sonic unleashed play fine.

Herox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all else fails, use Geckos and it will work. Worked for me playing animal crossing city folk. I got the fix for it now but it did work,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool