Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, with the tools GBA is a 5 minute process.

If anyone that reads this wants me to write a guide or documentation for an application please do contact me!
Will try this out soon but will have to get my new 3ds tomorrow. :')

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks awfully familiar. I could never get the sound to insert correctly. I want to try out your method :D

It seems to be pretty picky about the filesize of either the bcwav or the banner itself.

files of around 150kb seem to run perfectly.

400kb+ don't seem to work.

Last edited by Fugelmir,

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks awfully familiar. I could never get the sound to insert correctly. I want to try out your method :D

It seems to be pretty picky about the filesize of either the bcwav or the banner itself.

files of around 150kb seem to run perfectly.

400kb+ don't seem to work.

Thanks for the additional information. I'll have to check it out.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
cool guide !
could you mention which special chips aren't supported by the n3dsVC? (you mentioned SuperFX1/2, will never be supported (SA-1 too) but DSP1, Cx (megaman X), SDD1 (street fighter zero 2 is out on jp eshop I think)) should work.

Last edited by Azel,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cx chips will likely never work either, unless they are released officially as vc at some point (I have my doubts if the method of emulation n3ds uses to emulate this even has sufficient cpu power for emulating these chipsets) sdd1 might work via texture unpacking (they may have done this for street fighter zero 2, if you're indeed correct on that)

caffVic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to do this on Linux with all the WINEs and the MONOs, but when I finally launch the game, my 3ds craps out, pops an error and reboots.

It is most likely that some tool is just not working right, but I would want to know if it could be because I tried to inject a PAL rom. Unirally to be precise.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do this on a regular 3ds

Even if you COULD get the vc games up and running, they don't run at a usable speed with o3ds clock speeds (i've actually tried this before, you end up with speeds in the neighborhood of 15fps or so, and VERY choppy audio). The problem is, the method that nintendo uses for emulation of the vc games, it's significantly more cpu heavy than what other homebrew emulators use (blargSNES for example heavily uses and abuses gpu based emulation).

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to rain on your parade but here are a few things

you pack cannot be linked here. PUBLICDOMAIN.CIA is for one contains a MegaMan7 Rom which is piracy
Its also using the SuperMarioWorld.CIA as its Base which is piracy

also you are the 3RD guide on SNES 3/3 so far that has gotten ICON injecting Wrong (which is probably why people make poor banners)

Here are the examples of a real banner vs templates (and what everyone else has been using)

Nyg8OGH.png
bwi2bHH.png
lJ9055M.png
UwSdVeT.png
t61mvsN.png
lkMPuu5.png

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the examples of a real banner vs templates (and what everyone else has been using)

Nyg8OGH.png
bwi2bHH.png
lJ9055M.png
UwSdVeT.png
t61mvsN.png
lkMPuu5.png

Your example banners are exactly the same size as the ones in the guide and for the legality of the guides resource files they are not hosted on this site and I'm unaware of any copyright issues, but if a moderator asks I will remove the link.

I'm trying to do this on Linux with all the WINEs and the MONOs, but when I finally launch the game, my 3ds craps out, pops an error and reboots.

It is most likely that some tool is just not working right, but I would want to know if it could be because I tried to inject a PAL rom. Unirally to be precise.

I just finished injecting this ROM and it worked fine. If the icon/banner are not appearing it may be an issue with the sound file so if that's your issue just try running the emulator and see if it works. Also, the injection tool asked me if I wanted to convert a PAL ROM to NTSC and I said 'yes'.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

if you Hex edit the Title ID too large it will crap out

Your example banners are exactly the same size as the ones in the guide and for the legality of the guides resource files they are not hosted on this site and I'm unaware of any copyright issues, but if a moderator asks I will remove the link.

2 things your eyesight and your braincell amount must be linked.
you are clearly blind and retarded

1:
6Yrx5PB.png
bwi2bHH.png

These 2 files look completely different yes the resolution is the same but they are different you want to know why? Thats because it will clip the TV if it isnt the smaller size cutting off the banner

As you can see (or not) they are not the same size, if you would stop copying a mixture of a broken Wololo guide, fonzd Guide and read the actual Snes inject thread you would know this.

2: You are directly linking to illegal files sure you are not the host but you have already claimed on this thread its your pack and files which directly linking too is also against Temp Rules

Last edited by izy,

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things your eyesight and your braincell amount must be linked.
you are clearly blind and retarded

1:
6Yrx5PB.png
bwi2bHH.png

The banner appears larger in the screenshot then it actually is due to the way the image hosting site deals with web links. The images you speak of that are in the archive are exactly the same size of the pictures you linked to.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The banner appears larger in the screenshot then it actually is due to the way the image hosting site deals with web links. The images you speak of that are in the archive are exactly the same size of the pictures you linked to.
Both images are 128x128
are you that blind both these images are the Exact same resolution
The mario image however has transparency
thats because as much as it is the SAME YES SAME resolution as the donkey kong one the INTERNAL image is smaller
Thats because if you do not make the image the size as it is Exampled your TV will clip and images will be off centered

see an example

sKERemS.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.