Gaming Super Mario Sunshine 3D

Should this game get a 3DS port?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• YES, DAMMIT! AND MAKE IT A LAUNCH TITLE!!

• Total voters

Insane_Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like to play sunshine in a portable form, but I don't think that the 3ds could do it due to the inadequate trigger buttons.

In sunshine, you could lightly press down on the trigger to shoot a small amount of water, and hold it down to shoot more water. Now, from what we've seen from the 3ds' triggers, they are not like the gamecube's pressure sensitive triggers, but are more like buttons.

I guess mario sunshine just wouldn't work from a controls standpoint.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
TM2-Megatron said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd be much more happy with a Super Mario Galaxy 3DS game.

Too soon; unless you mean an entirely original Galaxy-inspired game.

But still, I wouldn't be too happy if they just skipped over a major title. The point is having all the Mario platformers to play on a portable system.

I was thinking an original title, as you said it'd be too soon for a port. Although seeing Mario fly out of the screen when he does a high jump would be amazing to see in Galaxy 1 or 2.

I mean, it'd make sense to put Sunshine on there I guess. I could live with both.

Some of the dark environments in Mario Galaxy might not work so well on 3DS. This could be fixed probably though.

D

Deleted_171835

nissen22 said:
i want this! check this vid out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_XWEGUpdU after i watched that vid i also e.mailed ninty about it. i will tell you when they answer:D everyone that wants this should e-mail them about it, and some1 could make a facebook group! then ninty will understand what we want
That's the generic response they always give.
mellow.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say yes, as long as it won't be the only 3D Mario Title released on the system. I'd be more willing to bet that a sequel to New Super Mario Bros is in the works, because it's been a while since the original DS release. Nintendo realizes that Sunshine wasn't a high mark in the Mario series, so they might not be inclined to remake it. Super Mario Galaxy is still very new, so a port might not be in high demand, and a new entry might be better suited for the Wii's successor.

One thing is for certain: There will be a true Mario Game on the 3DS, but we'll have to wait to see what it is.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never played super mario sunshine, never found it really appealing. I'd rather see a proper Super Mario RPG remake
biggrin.gif

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
never played super mario sunshine, never found it really appealing. I'd rather see a proper Super Mario RPG remake
biggrin.gif

GTFO. Let go of it. Paper Mario is an amazing game, and is basically the follow-up to Super Mario RPG. Square split up with Ninty in 1996, and Intelligent Systems(one of the greatest devs EVER) came in to make Paper Mario 64, originally titled Super Mario RPG 2..

nissen22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
nissen22 said:
i want this! check this vid out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_XWEGUpdU after i watched that vid i also e.mailed ninty about it. i will tell you when they answer:D everyone that wants this should e-mail them about it, and some1 could make a facebook group! then ninty will understand what we want
That's the generic response they always give.
mellow.gif
maybe, but nintendo of norway(im norwegian) just answered me and it looks like a real answer, not a generic response:D

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NONONO if there going to remake any GameCube games...i demand Luigi's mansion and super smash! ....although i wouldn't mind sunshine ...i guess

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Brian10122 said:
bwillb said:
biggrin.gif

GTFO. Let go of it. Paper Mario is an amazing game, and is basically the follow-up to Super Mario RPG. Square split up with Ninty in 1996, and Intelligent Systems(one of the greatest devs EVER) came in to make Paper Mario 64, originally titled Super Mario RPG 2..
You GTFO. I love SMRPG.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
bwillb said:
biggrin.gif

Well, goodness! There's better, less unnecessarily-hostile ways of giving an opinion, you know.
ohnoes.png

Anyway, if they DO remake this, I think they'll do a fantastic job of smoothing out the kinks of the original. Like the silly voice-acting, and the camera, and stuff. Thinking about how polished and fine-tuned they made the Galaxy games makes me salivate at the thought of a Sunshine Redux.
smile.gif

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I liked those levels in space, they were hard as balls but you'd have a huge sense of accomplishment when you managed to clear them.

spruced

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved this game. I remember it was one of the first gamecube games I ever played. A remake would definitely be awesome.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one of my favorite games.
most people will probably kill me for saying this, but I like it better than galaxy 1 (havent played 2 yet)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol